Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Ferrero is retiring after Valencia

5 posters

Go down

Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  Empty Ferrero is retiring after Valencia

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:42 am

A generation of tennis players is now on its last leg. Just now it was Roddick, now its Ferrero the man whom Roddick beat to win his only slam. The former RG champion and world #1 has announced he will be retiring after Valencia this year. A large part of his career was marred by injuries. Perhaps now he doesn't have the energy to compete. I greatly enjoyed the RG finals which he won in 2003. The Mosquito will be missed.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/09/Feature/Valencia-Ferrero-Announces-Retirement.aspx

Gonzalez, Ljubicic have already retired. Who will be the next? I guess Hewitt will play his last tournament in AO 2013. Tommy is going good at the moment, but may like to bow out on a high. His best place I expect will be Halle. If Nalbandian's injury is going to keep him off long, he too can call it a day. Davy too. Fish?? Youzhny??

Only Federer who has the ability to not only survive the next generation, but still remain competitive force in all tournaments and not to forget the world #1. What a player!! Applause

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  Empty Re: Ferrero is retiring after Valencia

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:57 am

Ferrero, what a gent he was, elegance and class on tennis court, Managed to see him live in Wimbledon this year which looks a bit mre in the light of his retirement now Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  650269930
I'll miss him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  Empty Re: Ferrero is retiring after Valencia

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 pm

Looks like no one cares if Ferrero retires. Sad

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 pm

You forgot Jame Blake

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:02 pm

I must say he is a player I never really cared that is liked nor disliked. He is a great player and a very nice guy it seems but frankly there tons of players who in my view have a more interesting game. I even prefered Robredo and Garcia-lopez by a healthy margin.

But yes shame he goes silently...however he is a smart player who has a successful academy in south of spain as far as I know.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Now I feel really stupid! All the time I was thinking about Robredo Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  2786941968 .....
I obviously haven't caught up on all that sleep I missed last two weeks

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sphairistike Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:13 pm

Robredo for the beautiful blue eyes? Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  3387325255

sphairistike

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:14 pm

sphairistike wrote:Robredo for the beautiful blue eyes? Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  3387325255

I didn't even know Ferrero had blue eyes...not THAT kind of fan.... Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  1071211947

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:23 pm

I was never fond of him or his game,found him a bit forgettable
Amazing how so many of the players from Rogers era are retiring while he is still no1 and wining the biggest tournament in tennis,but yet he supposedly is only great for dominating a weak era.... erm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:45 pm

Veejay wrote:I was never fond of him or his game,found him a bit forgettable
Amazing how so many of the players from Rogers era are retiring while he is still no1 and wining the biggest tournament in tennis,but yet he supposedly is only great for dominating a weak era.... Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  1564925666

I don't know, he had a nice all-court game, old school, well-dressed, always looked like a tennis player (Boredo, that is!). I mean compare him to Verdasco Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  563610107

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:I was never fond of him or his game,found him a bit forgettable
Amazing how so many of the players from Rogers era are retiring while he is still no1 and wining the biggest tournament in tennis,but yet he supposedly is only great for dominating a weak era.... Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  1564925666

I don't know, he had a nice all-court game, old school, well-dressed, always looked like a tennis player. I mean compare him to Verdasco Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  563610107

He is certainly the classiest of the Spaniards

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I've just realised my posts are all about Boredo, sorry rotla Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  2033450363

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7HmRjnKgY

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:54 pm

Who is Boredo?

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:14 pm

Veejay wrote:Who is Boredo?

Boredo is an endiaring nickname for Robredo, awarded to him in the old original 606 days....
There were :Del Pony, Donkey, Dr Ivo, wait! I dug the thread out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A78078955

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:20 pm

Talking of retirements, they all do it differently!
Remember Safin and his party-style big goodbye at every tournament he played during his last season.
Then there were Henin and Clijsters who retired, re-retired and then un-re-retired (to be continued, they come and go as a package?)

I don't know how Fed is going to do it. It must be a daunting thought for him, which is why he probably hopes he never has to do it....
I got an idea, Rog!
Bring a lorry-full of Lindt chocolate balls and hand one out to every person who comes to see your last match. Hey, the tickets for that one will be hot and, oh even the roof won't help with the flood of tears Ferrero is retiring after Valencia  3391208243

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:22 pm

As the top seed thinking about his retirement is probably the last thing on his mind.He will most likely announce his retirement well in advance,he wont just drop a bomb shell like Roddick did and say - this is my last tournament
It will definitely be a sad day when he takes his final curtain call,but Roger wont just disappear like Sampras did,he will continue to be very active in the tennis community and continue with his charitable work

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:03 pm

Veejay wrote:As the top seed thinking about his retirement is probably the last thing on his mind.He will most likely announce his retirement well in advance,he wont just drop a bomb shell like Roddick did and say - this is my last tournament
It will definitely be a sad day when he takes his final curtain call,but Roger wont just disappear like Sampras did,he will continue to be very active in the tennis community and continue with his charitable work

I can't even begin to imagine him in the crowd among other "legends" watching somebody new try to win in Wimbledon final.
It must be devastating to even think about it for him., despite the fact that his mind will be convinced by his body one day.

I'd love to know how long the heart needs to catch up with the mind esp. if it ever does. Laver looks as jealous of his glory days as ever to me.
The emotion is so deep in that game, I reckon it stays with you for the rest of your life.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I dont know about devastating,he is making the most of what little time he has left,but Im sure he will get to a point where he has had enough,and its hardly like he will have any regrets,especially if he keeps playing till 35.Imagne if he cracked and retired after 08 or '10'11,it would have been near on impossible to try and make a come back
He has a family now so it wont be like he has nothing to live for once he stops playing tennis.The deep passion he has for the game will never leave him,for so long he has used it as a means to express himself but he will find other ways to express himself .Theres a wealth of memories to last a lifetime and Im sure all the silverware will make up for those moments yearns to return to his glory days

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum