Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

US open prediction game - day 7

+5
summerblues
AceofDeath
Veejay
legendkillar
luvsports!
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game - day 7

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 am

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:What's e time in NY, SB?
It is 7:50pm now.  Why do you ask?

I thought it was later than that...Nole will start at 11 probably.
Who cares.... Run

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 Empty Re: US open prediction game - day 7

Post by summerblues Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:58 am

Tenez wrote:
AceofDeath wrote:Now if Murray goes down to Dimitrov it's the icing on the cake!
Yes we need all the roadrunners to trip.
...and with apologies to nitb, maybe if Kyle could also beat Nole tonight...

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:59 am

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I don't care how tired Lucas is, he's got to beat Monfils now.

If nothing else than for the sake of that loss in AO15.
I certainly prefer Lucas to Monfils, but Monfils has been cruising so far (though I have not seen him yet so do not know how well he has been playing).  Also, Monfils seems to have (finally) matured a little, so I am not sure he is still the same head case he used to be.  He will be a tough customer.
Imdin't like the "'mature" Momfils. He is dead safe in that mode...and still not winning anything!

He doesn't have a FH.

Anyway...I am of to la-la land.....

Sweet dreams everyone! wizard

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:00 am

noleisthebest wrote:I thought it was later than that...Nole will start at 11 probably.
Who cares.... Run
I went to the USO yesterday; had a very good day.  Evans vs Wawrinka was very enjoyable.  Evans can play, and he is quite watchable too, so the match was not only close but also entertaining.

Evans ran out of gas in the fifth totally.  Both physically and emotionally.  I can see why he and Kyrgios play doubles together.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 am

noleisthebest wrote:Imdin't like the "'mature" Momfils.
You may not like him, but I think he will be tough to beat.  Anyway, I also hope Lucas can do it.

Goodnight!!!

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:34 am

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I thought it was later than that...Nole will start at 11 probably.
Who cares.... Run
I went to the USO yesterday; had a very good day.  Evans vs Wawrinka was very enjoyable.  Evans can play, and he is quite watchable too, so the match was not only close but also entertaining.

Evans ran out of gas in the fifth totally.  Both physically and emotionally.  I can see why he and Kyrgios play doubles together.
lucky you. yes it was a great match!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 am

summerblues wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Imdin't like the "'mature" Momfils.
You may not like him, but I think he will be tough to beat.  Anyway, I also hope Lucas can do it.

Goodnight!!!

Of course I like Monfils...

https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t1169-monfils-the-artist

But the real Monfils - the clown.

Monfils os not the winner, the lion. He savours the moment...and you can't discipline and mold that.

Lucas is so positive... a wonderful player in every way...just what we needed!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:42 am

summerblues wrote:
Who cares.... Run

Cool. give us some more stories from live action!
Evans plays out of spite, not joy.
His height is against him...esp on the serve.

He is still young and needs to want more of that sweet winning feeling...and for it he has to work reallllly hard.

I am not sure he is able to. Not the end of the world, but would ge good to see him play like this regularly.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:45 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Yep....3 Frenchmen amongst the 8 QFinalists.
I'm buying l'Equipee tomorrow. Big Grin
I bought the paper but nothing on Pouille's match, it probably went into print before the match finished...hopefully tomorrow!

Nice to see tennis on the front page...big smiley faces of Monfils and Tsonga.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:47 am

summerblues wrote:
Tenez wrote:
AceofDeath wrote:Now if Murray goes down to Dimitrov it's the icing on the cake!
Yes we need all the roadrunners to trip.
...and with apologies to nitb, maybe if Kyle could also beat Nole tonight...

Apology accepted.

Sorry for the "disappoimtment" Kyle's loss caused.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:49 am

gallery play wrote:wow,just wow. Lucas Pouille made me login here. Cool This first set against NAdal (6-1) was truly a masterclass.

I don't think he'll be able stick to this level this match (it's a very fit NAdal he's facing after all) but what a promising player he is. To me the most complete of all young players of the tour.

Yo GP!
Where have you been hiding?

Yes wow wow wow was all I was able to "say" in the first set, too.

What a guy!!!

What do you think about Federer's write-off of 2016?
Is he going to be back?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:51 am

Pouille now lives and trains in Dubai, he has a fitness coach and says he works with him all the time even during tournaments, that's great!

The thing about Lucas is, his game is built like a German car - it's solid, it works, it's reliable and it's made to last!

Pour some French champaigne in the engine and voile - it flies!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:40 am

All in all...

US open prediction game - day 7 - Page 2 3755116760

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:45 am

I was going to say that Pouille had something Scandinavian about him... not just the blond looks but the temper...calm...fire under ice...and just read his mother is Finnish!

That is a very good combination for tennis. Something to tame the fire.

You see how difficult it is with Paire who must be 110% French.

Well, we certainly can't complain anout the future of tennis: Pouille, Goffin, Thiem, Zverev, Kyrgios, maybe Rublev one day...

Let's see if the veteran "youngster" Dimi can finally put a stamp on his promise.

Why not?

When if not tonight!!!!!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:11 am

Pouille name may actually have 2 origins....and not from Scandinavia but South of Italy actually. ....or a more dirty one.... Pouilleux means person with lice!!!. ...and they may have modified their familily name. The first option is the most likely.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:14 am

Yes, the name is from his French father, Scandinavian temper & looks probably come from his mother.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:40 am

Here is the post-match interview with Pouile, same balanced, contained temper:

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/video/2016-09-04/3e2cf1c-00ab5e5a10b.html?chip=13

Interesting he mentioned that oractice session with Nadal.
He said Nadal beat him 6:1 6:2, and played much faster and closer to the baseline.

So...all that confidence vanished when he stepped on Ashe.
Interesting.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:29 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:wow,just wow. Lucas Pouille made me login here. Cool This first set against NAdal (6-1) was truly a masterclass.

I don't think he'll be able stick to this level this match (it's a very fit NAdal he's facing after all) but what a promising player he is. To me the most complete of all young players of the tour.

Yo GP!
Where have you been hiding?

Yes wow wow wow was all I was able to "say" in the first set, too.

What a guy!!!

What do you think about Federer's write-off of 2016?
Is he going to be back?

Yo NitB!
Not hiding from anything, just haven't seen much tennis lately. The only match i've seen since Fed_Rao is NAdal-Delpo at the OG. And yesterdays first 3 sets. I guess i've got a good sense of when Nadal is going to lose, which is for me a real treat Winking

I've just read some recent OTF threads and it's clear Pouille is about everyone's beloved one here. And for a reason. It's the first time in many years i believe the old pack (roadrunners) will be seriously under attack. Not only he has the perfect modern game to do it, but his progression will push or inspire the others (like Kyrgios, Thiem, Zverev, Dimitrov) too.  Whether Pouille will come out as the most succesful of the new generation remains to be seen but for now he seems to one to pull a momentum shift.
It's still a long shot though, he has to win his first title yet. But if you look closer to his 2016 results you see he did beat a lot of good players on their fav surface.

About Fed and his remarks about a "new beginning", i can't take that too seriously. Being out of competition for so long at that age, even if you're Fed, is irreparable. I think he's looking forward to some big matches and not thinking about winning more titles. Next year we'll be seeing some crazy early round meetings containing Fed against a top seed. Fed could win a few of those, and that's all we can ask of him. Winning big titles is out of the question.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:57 pm

I dont think well see Fed again on a pro court. He just did not fancy retiring doing a goodby circus tour a la Agassi.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Yes, the name is from his French father, Scandinavian temper & looks probably come from his mother.
Actually i was wrong on both account. Not from Italy, nor from lice. ...but from north of Paris wjere Pouille means Poule (hen) in the local language.  

Nothing scandinavian unless his origins go back the vikings.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:22 pm

Very enjoyable match last night with plenty of big hitting, and of course Nadal losing. He will finish on 14 Slams now, there's nothing more coming from that direction.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:44 pm

Tenez wrote:I dont think well see Fed again on a pro court. He just did not fancy retiring doing a goodby circus tour a la Agassi.
But why then committing to the laver cup and hopman cup for 2017? It would have been much easier to avoid that circus had he posted a goodbye tweet right after wimbledon. In fact: he's now keeping that circus alive..

Surely he doesn't want too much drama, but he'll definitly do it appropriately. Sneaking out is not his style. He has too much historical awareness for that.
I think he'll grab the mike in Basle next year after his last match and then tells he's calling it a day

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Tenez wrote:I dont think well see Fed again on a pro court. He just did not fancy retiring doing a goodby circus tour a la Agassi.

I think we will. I didn't have an issue with the Agassi farewell tour. Being he reached a slam final the year before. I had more issue with Hewitt as he wasn't competitive in the slightest. Agassi I felt had a belief he had a chance at the US. I felt he should've called it quits after that 05 final.

Always felt Federer would end his career at Basel.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:08 pm

legendkillar wrote:

I think we will. I didn't have an issue with the Agassi farewell tour. Being he reached a slam final the year before. I had more issue with Hewitt as he wasn't competitive in the slightest. Agassi I felt had a belief he had a chance at the US. I felt he should've called it quits after that 05 final.

i agree,i think that federer still feels like he has something left to prove and i dont think i have ever seen any pro player have such a deep passion for playing the game so i expect to see him at least for 1 more season

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:17 pm

bogbrush wrote:Very enjoyable match last night with plenty of big hitting, and of course Nadal losing. He will finish on 14 Slams now, there's nothing more coming from that direction.
Its roughly 14 more slams than he should have. How many has he won within the rules?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:20 pm

gallery play wrote:
But why then committing to the laver cup and hopman cup for 2017? It would have been much easier to avoid that circus had he posted a goodbye tweet right after wimbledon. In fact: he's now keeping that circus alive..

Surely he doesn't want too much drama, but he'll definitly do it appropriately. Sneaking out is not his style. He has too much historical awareness for that.
I think he'll grab the mike in Basle next year after his last match and then tells he's calling it a day
It would have been a huge media coverage then....in 6 month we will have forgotten about him. He will just send another delay PR. Why did he take the rest of the year off? Why not play Paris or london? How did he know he was not going to be fit 3 months down tbe line?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:37 pm

Thiem retires injured against Delpo Sad

Becoming a last man standing contest!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Veejay wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

i agree,i think that federer still feels like he has something left to prove and i dont think i have ever seen any pro player have such a deep passion for playing the game so i expect to see him at least for 1 more season

Exactly. Why would he want to call it a day when he is still competitive. He is still miles ahead of the rest of the field.

It will be interesting to see what his ranking will be come January.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2