Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Federer out for the rest of the season

+8
bogbrush
Daniel
AceofDeath
Tenez
wilson_nxt
noleisthebest
truffin1
Veejay
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer out for the rest of the season

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Jahu wrote:
Tenez wrote:Raw talent comes from the animal world (which in turn comes from God). 

Ah, now I understand some of your spiritual posts.

Ah, now I understand some of your spiritual posts.[/quote]

I actually use God here as this is the word NITB uses but to me Humans/Nature/God are similar concepts.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

federer - Federer out for the rest of the season - Page 2 Empty Re: Federer out for the rest of the season

Post by Jahu Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Can you give it a shout then, to help Djoko a little to get out of the hole smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:10 pm

NITB wrote:Interesting.

How do you explain the rarity of such raw talent among men?
Our brains is our main talent and inhibits a lot of our raw, more archaic, talents.

The ease & speed with which he coordinates and plays to me is unseen by some margin.

And I mean in all sports.
I agree. I have seen him a few times live and it was never as obvious when watching him in that WTF final v Tsonga. Nothing was forced, He played like if it was a friendly match, stress less yet the ball was hitting the middle of his racquet like a seal balancing a ball at the tip of its muzzle.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:18 pm

Jahu wrote:
Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Tenez and Federer sitting in a tree, except that Feds wouldn't know if tenez ceases to be

Not sure I understand the meaning of this.....

Let me have a try, i.e Luv is saying that Tenez wouldn't know that Fed ceased to be, i.e Fed is gone but Tenez can't let go.

Ok.. After googling the expression now I understand.

He did enlightened my tennis world for 13 years or so. I had to wait decades to have a good result (Goran winning Wimby or Lendl beating McEnroe at the FO) but then Fed turns up and it's like your village football club winning 17 premierships!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Tenez wrote:
NITB wrote:Interesting.

How do you explain the rarity of such raw talent among men?
Our brains is our main talent and inhibits a lot of our raw, more archaic, talents.
Still doesn't explain the rarity element.

What causes those inhibitions?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:47 am

Tenez wrote:
Jahu wrote:
Tenez wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Tenez and Federer sitting in a tree, except that Feds wouldn't know if tenez ceases to be

Not sure I understand the meaning of this.....

Let me have a try, i.e Luv is saying that Tenez wouldn't know that Fed ceased to be, i.e Fed is gone but Tenez can't let go.

Ok.. After googling the expression now I understand.

He did enlightened my tennis world for 13 years or so. I had to wait decades to have a good result (Goran winning Wimby or Lendl beating McEnroe at the FO) but then Fed turns up and it's like your village football club winning 17 premierships!

Did you pick him "on first sight"?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:00 am

I saw the talent straight away like everybody else but did not think his mental strength cause his game simply was too loose then to make him the champ he became.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:15 am

Tenez wrote:I saw the talent straight away like everybody else but did not think his mental strength cause his game simply was too loose then to make him the champ he became.

That sets him apart from anyone else.

He is not in a league but a world of his own when he plays.

It of course comes from confidence. After all he is the only one living in his body hitting those shots and trusting that body.

That's why that fall vs Raonic I saw as the end for him. The body deserted him.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 pm

NITB wrote:That's why that fall vs Raonic I saw as the end for him. The body deserted him.

Yes true. You have a good eye for those things.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2