Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» US OPEN 2017
Today at 1:30 pm by ...

» 10 Years Ago...
Today at 11:49 am by Tenez

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Yesterday at 7:21 pm by Daniel

» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Yesterday at 3:54 pm by Daniel

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm by legendkillar

» Justin Gatlin - what character!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:37 pm by legendkillar

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:04 am

17-19 July

SERBIA - GREAT BRITAIN

CZECH REPUBLIC - FRANCE

ITALY - ARGENTINA

USA- CANADA


IDEMOOOOO!!! diva


http://www.daviscup.com/en/home.aspx

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 am

Nole not playing for Serbia. (neither is Troicki)
Murray keeps dillying&dallying but I rekcon he will.

The venue is super cool in a very nice part of Belgrade.
Tasmajdan is a sport centre with a great 50s style  swimming pool and ice-rink.
And the iconic cafe in the park above called: The Last Chance.

that's where I went to my first rock concert,  clubbing...ah so many memories!


For this weekend only, it has been transformed into a clay court.


...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:15 am

I don't think Murray will.

Will be an intriguing battle without any of the big guns so to speak.

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:40 am

I think it would be crazy if he played...esp as it's clay and he won it last year.

But then again, he has not ruled it out properly like Nole.

This reminds me of January '14 when Switzerland were playing Serbia in Novi Sad and Fed decided he'd play the very last minute but only after Nole said he wouldn't.

The rest is history. Winking

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:40 pm

wish that djokovic was playing murray so that he can piss on murrays wimbledon parade

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:15 pm

I wish that, too.

But!

This is such a busy year and many things are happening in the background.

It was Tesla's birthday on the 10th of July.
Many have not heard of him, but those who are in the know say he is the best brain this world has ever had.

Einstein said he is not worthy to tie his shoelaces.

Anyway, here is the quote from Tesla Nole tweeted on Sunday!

I thought the choice was very interesting and intriguing.


...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:29 pm

On another note, I saw that Federer's agent said the knee is ok.

I was so happy to read it, though I don't believe a word that man says, he just has that $$$ kind of face...

Earlier yesterday, a coach from my club said Fed is retiring soon.
My heart sank as he is the guy who told me Federer knew he wasn't playing RG back during AO.

He said that was not from a source, just his thinking...as he sees Federer only wanting to play if he feels he can still win a slam.


I really hope his leg is ok and he can fly a few more years.

It is hard to understand and accept that someone with such a gift from God can somehow be  human, too.


Last edited by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:36 pm

I had Federer down to retire this year, if of course he won a Slam or even OG. As much as the guy loves the sport, I think at some point the travelling and loaded schedule must wear him down being a family man I would imagine he would want to settle a bit more permanently for his kids sake.

NITB, in terms of best brain...Shakespeare all day long Winking 

The man re-invented the modern language!

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:42 pm

Not sure about Shakespeare.

I studied him in depth at uni and thought he was overrated. Maybe because I studied world literature in parallel, too. 

I don't think he reinvented the language, though he lived during times English language was at its the pinnacle... and King James commissioned translation of the Bible...and that version has not been surpassed in depth and accuracy of expression.

I know English language had about 400 000 at the time and Shaky coined a few...such as...fair play!

Anyway, I recommend reading up on Tesla. He was really the man for all times and only now he is beginning to get some following as internet is giving opportunity to uncontrolled information to come out, not just what TV chooses to brainwash us with.


The fact he was a Serb is only a bonus. Winking

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:49 pm

Nothing on Newton

luvsports!

Posts : 3927
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:51 pm

luvsports! wrote:Nothing on Newton

Hehe, is that a nationalistic streak I detect, LS?

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:53 pm

Of course!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:57 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Not sure about Shakespeare.

I studied him in depth at uni and thought he was overrated. Maybe because I studied world literature in parallel, too. 

I don't think he reinvented the language, though he lived during times English language was at its the pinnacle... and King James commissioned translation of the Bible...and that version has not been surpassed in depth and accuracy of expression.

I know English language had about 400 000 at the time and Shaky coined a few...such as...fair play!

Anyway, I recommend reading up on Tesla. He was really the man for all times and only now he is beginning to get some following as internet is giving opportunity to uncontrolled information to come out, not just what TV chooses to brainwash us with.


The fact he was a Serb is only a bonus. Winking

350 I think it was.

I think Tesla popularity grew thanks to The Prestige Winking I thank Bowie in part!

There are some polarising figures in the history books.

The internet has opened up the world and it's history to the masses. Though I doubt the generation that follow mine will have any great interest. My nephews refuse to read Dickens! Grr Grr

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Haha nitb I only have that in sport (not tennis).
I guess I say that because he discovered the law of optics, figures out white light is composed of colours, laws of motion, universal law of gravitation, integral and differential calculus to determine the movements of the planets..... Then he turned 26!!!!! Mind blown.

luvsports!

Posts : 3927
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Tesla was a creator.

The rest only observed, I think that's what sets him apart.
He was a poet, too.

Loved life and was very popular among the elite of the time yet nourished his genius in very modest lifestyle, not interested in cash...I love that kind of people....properly free.

And a humanitarean of the most noble kind.

I am still doscovering things about him. He practised long periods of fasting, I tried a vit recently - fantastic both bodily and spiritual experience (proper fasting not this eating during night stuff smiley ) 

He conducted traveling through time experiment for US military during WW2.

He died in mysterious circumstances which may explain why his work has been kept in obscurity.

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:39 pm

legendkillar wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Not sure about Shakespeare.

I studied him in depth at uni and thought he was overrated. Maybe because I studied world literature in parallel, too. 

I don't think he reinvented the language, though he lived during times English language was at its the pinnacle... and King James commissioned translation of the Bible...and that version has not been surpassed in depth and accuracy of expression.

I know English language had about 400 000 at the time and Shaky coined a few...such as...fair play!

Anyway, I recommend reading up on Tesla. He was really the man for all times and only now he is beginning to get some following as internet is giving opportunity to uncontrolled information to come out, not just what TV chooses to brainwash us with.


The fact he was a Serb is only a bonus. Winking

350 I think it was.

I think Tesla popularity grew thanks to The Prestige Winking I thank Bowie in part!

There are some polarising figures in the history books.

The internet has opened up the world and it's history to the masses. Though I doubt the generation that follow mine will have any great interest. My nephews refuse to read Dickens! Grr Grr

We are lucky and cursed to live in this day and age as everything noble men have created has always been both abused and used.
Bar maybe music and poetry. That has probably been left as balm/medicine.

So in a strange way, we are progressing and hurling towards destruction faster and faster.

I often try and dress in such a way that I would not look odd or out of place if I was dropped in any point in time/history.
Anyone living prior to industrial revolution would have not felt out of place even in the old Egypt....but imagine an old Egyptian walking down the streets of London now!!!
They'd think they landed in hell probably!

Just look how much the world has changed in the last 100-150 years....and try to project the next 100 years...going at this pace...scary, isn't it!

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:46 pm

luvsports! wrote:Haha nitb I only have that in sport (not tennis).
I guess I say that because he discovered the law of optics, figures out white light is composed of colours, laws of motion, universal law of gravitation, integral and differential calculus to determine the movements of the planets..... Then he turned 26!!!!! Mind blown.
I think there is nothing wrong woth feeling patriotic.

We are all different and this globalising trend trying to make us all the same is going to be hard to pull off.

They can only do it with relentless legislation, media control and brainwashing.

I try to spare myself as much as possible and am very interested to know if there is a seed of genuine discontent among the young generation!

And how they plan to go about it in this super controlled world.

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:47 pm

And Newton has it

luvsports!

Posts : 3927
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:18 pm

so murray flew out to belgrade but isnt playing??whats the point of that?? lol
as a result it looks to me like serbia will knock great britain out,the serbian no3 is way better than any of the british players who are playing

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:29 pm

I haven't seen any DC but just read an article in Blic where Murray's made friends with Zimonjic's young son...

http://sport.blic.rs/tenis/novi-drugari-endi-marej-se-sprijateljio-sa-zikijevim-sinom-foto/htz5v70

So it dawned on me that the reason why Murray went to Belgrade is to try and suss Nole's background and mentality "from within".

Many have tried, but no luck. Cool

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:24 am

"So it dawned on me that the reason why Murray went to Belgrade is to try and suss Nole's background and mentality "from within"."

what are you talking about NITB??

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:20 pm

...


Last edited by noleisthebest on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:24 pm

  You could tell all that from him going to Belgrade??

I don't see all the fuss about him being there really. Not making waves.

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Veejay wrote:"So it dawned on me that the reason why Murray went to Belgrade is to try and suss Nole's background and mentality "from within"."

what are you talking about NITB??

Well we all know that Murray has no tennis to beat Nole with.

In fact, Murray's tennis is based exclusively at exploiting his opponents' weaknesses.
That's why he plays and wins ugly... Fist-pumping, c'moning UEs...

Did you notice how intently he studies Nole's face when he is in the winning position?
Trying to memorise/freeze the moment &  find a crack in Nole's mental/emotional wall.

Mauresmo tried, too, but was only able to conclude "how incredibly tense" Nole was.

Which of course is wrong because tense players do not stay calm under pressure.


So...back to your question why Murray is in Belgrade...to probably get the feel of Nole's exotic background on the spot, what may make him tick and leave him undone under pressure..because he knows how much Nole feeds on his roots.
It's that small a margin at the top.


Murray is very sly...but not that intelligent.

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:34 pm

legendkillar wrote:   You could tell all that from him going to Belgrade??

I don't see all the fuss about him being there really. Not making waves.

Yes, and I can tell much more, but will keep it for myself. Cool

You don't think Murray travelled to Belgrade to cheer GB team, do you?

Mind you, it's a win-win situation for him as he looks patriotic & had the flight paid for by
LTA. Winking

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:42 pm

Edmund has a decent FH but a very poor BH.
It's shameless that he should win by bludgeoning Dusan's BH. Plus, he is a mini-Murray.

Dusan Lajovic, the SBH pride of Serbia is a basic, but nice and quality player.
Saw him in Boodles, he can really hit the ball well.
Not enough  BH slice, but improving and quite good on grass.

He'll be a very good player in 3-4 years if he keeps in top 50.

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:46 pm

Lajovic def not the most cerebral player...he could have run around his BH so many times...lazy brain, lazy feet...well...too many weaknesses not to be beaten by Edmund in the end...

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by legendkillar on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:50 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:   You could tell all that from him going to Belgrade??

I don't see all the fuss about him being there really. Not making waves.

Yes, and I can tell much more, but will keep it for myself. Cool

You don't think Murray travelled to Belgrade to cheer GB team, do you?

Mind you, it's a win-win situation for him as he looks patriotic & had the flight paid for by
LTA. Winking

He could well of. Strikes me as someone who has plenty of time on his hands Winking

If he is to topple Djokovic, he needs to work on his own game. A trip to Belgrade won't tell him anything or be the Bond mission he hopes for.

The next Djokovic match will tell whether the dominance is to continue or show signs of weakening.

legendkillar

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:54 pm

i dont know about so much about that NITB.djokovic has a poker face much like federer,but that doesnt automatically mean that he doesnt feel pessure under intense momments..
i have seen many matches where you can clearly see djokovic being emotional in matches and showing his frustration  when things arent going his way..
well i gotta say that was pretty impressive from edmond,cause i expected the serbain player to win
he managed to hold his nerve cause i had a feeling that once the crowd really got going that he would choke and pull a gasquet
i dont think i have ever seen a clay court play so fast in such heavy conditions,that clarly really helped him
looks to me like team GB will win back to back davis cup titles..
disappionting to see th serbians players get such a poor support at home,you would hav thought that the entire event would have been sold out

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:59 pm

i have to agree with that legendkiller,i dont know how a trip to belgrade will help murray solve the puzzle on how to beat novak,especially if he is just sitting there supporting his fellow davis cup team mates
it seems a bit far fecthed to me NITB

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Veejay wrote:i dont know about so much about that NITB.djokovic has a poker face much like federer,but that doesnt automatically mean that he doesnt feel pessure under intense momments..
i have seen many matches where you can clearly see djokovic being emotional in matches and showing his frustration  when things arent going his way..

Nooo...it's not showing emotion or feeling pressure...it's trying to find what can cause it to happen that Murray's interested in.

Like Agassi was able to wind Sampras up kind of thing...
Veejay wrote:
well i gotta say that was pretty impressive from edmond,cause i expected the serbain player to win
he managed to hold his nerve cause i had a feeling that once the crowd really got going that he would choke and pull a gasquet.

Lajovic is a nice but very limited player, Edmund was able to beat him with an equally basic game but had a security/luxury of two hands on the return.
Veejay wrote:
disappionting to see th serbians players get such a poor support at home,you would hav thought that the entire event would have been sold out

Serbia is not a tennis land. Sad
People there don't deserve Djokovic. Or the Davis Cup that generation won in 2010.

It's a miracle we produced him as well as Monica Seles.

...

Posts : 24506
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Veejay on Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:37 pm

"Nooo...it's not showing emotion or feeling pressure...it's trying to find what can cause it to happen that Murray's interested in."

i still dont understand how going to belgrade to support his davis cup team meates is going to help solve that puzzle?

"Lajovic is a nice but very limited player"

he didnt look very limited to me yesterday,i think the occassion and conditions played a huge part in his losing

i was under the impression that tennis was serbias no1 sport above soccer..thats what jamkovic claimed was behind the serbian dominance on the game

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2016: QUARTER-FINAL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum