Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

+4
luvsports!
noleisthebest
Daniel
Tenez
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:01 pm

as expected sam wasnt ever going to come back today and maintain the level he was playing at last night
he had the momentum with him last night just unlucky with the rain delay
@ NITB
is djokovic doesnt care then why does he always do thing and say things to try and prove that he cares
i.e his comments about 9/11 victims after winning the u.s open
thats all pr to come across as a nice caring guy
saying things like,he is happy to play a sport that is clean when sharapova just failed a drugs test kinda makes him look stupid for trying to say the right thing
its very much unlike federer whose comments at times have been very controversial and is never afraid to speak his mind

djokovics fathers comments about federer would  deninitely rub tennis fans up the wrng way and he most likely faces the backlash because of that

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon - Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions - Page 2 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:29 pm

tim henman:" djokovic alwats craving that affection"
sam querrey is playing reall crap in comparison to yesterday,he has bee given so many uncharacteristic chances from djokovic but fails to take them

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:50 pm

If djokovic wins this it will be the rain that did it. It's ridiculous really. Every single time Sam has momentum.

They need to put them on centre under a roof and just let them finish. 5 rain delays now.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:25 pm

plans to put a roof on court one was already approved the same time as center court
that was before 2007 i think but the roof wont be up till 2019
12+ years to put a roof up??
youd think with the amount of rain delays the tournament has every yeart they would do it sooner rather then later
i couldt imagine a job like that taking longer then a year to do,but the players and fans are kept suffering .. erm

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Beautiful sunshine in Covent Garden for the last two hours... really strange how Wimbledon attracts the rain...just popped in the Apple store to check the score.

and what a time to stop play...having to serve to stay in the match!

I know you all want Nole to lose, but I don"t! Grr

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:58 pm

cool, they are playing the TB, and the stream is great, talk about timing!!!

go Nole!!! tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:04 pm

nole is not thinking clearly... what is going through his head to stand inside the baseline on Querrey's 2nd serve...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Sad

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:08 pm

Made me 95 quid that smiley Wish I'd have bet on him from the start like I was gonna do. Djokovic is on his way down.

Still can't see Federer doing it... that Johnson guy is gonna be tricky too.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:08 pm

i dindt think sam would would do it,i thought that he would choke
djokovic finally starting to look tired
4 straight majors has to take its toll on anyone ( on anything 
Run

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

Well, to be fair, he almost did choke. His serve kept him in it and Djokovic couldn't find top form. Both were nervous but Sam was worse. The rain helped Djokovic in a big way twice.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:18 pm

It was painful to see how nervous Djoko was. I think it is normal to be nervous but he was particularly nervous. His smash in the TB was not the smash of a 12 slams champions. But to be fair he has not got the shots of  a 12 slams champions.....he certainly has the legs though but on those slightly faster and slippery surface, his legs certianly play a lesser role.

People will realise one day that Federer never played as nervously in his toughest situations. Remember 4 set TB 2008 for instance. It's easy (ier) to be a champion when you have a physical edge but when you rely on shot technique and timing, it's much harder.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:52 pm

It was painful to see how nervous Djoko was. I think it is normal to be nervous but he was particularly nervous. His smash in the TB was not the smash of a 12 slams champions. But to be fair he has not got the shots of  a 12 slams champions.....he certainly has the legs though but on those slightly faster and slippery surface, his legs certianly play a lesser role.

People will realise one day that Federer never played as nervously in his toughest situations. Remember 4 set TB 2008 for instance. It's easy (ier) to be a champion when you have a physical edge but when you rely on shot technique and timing, it's much harder.

N - It was. I only saw 3-4 points in the TB, and couldn't believe it...reminded me of RG14 final. For me, it was sad to see, he used to be braver...think those USO SFs against Fed...

Never mind...I can relax now and enjoy Wimbledon properly.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Tenez wrote:It was painful to see how nervous Djoko was. I think it is normal to be nervous but he was particularly nervous. His smash in the TB was not the smash of a 12 slams champions. But to be fair he has not got the shots of  a 12 slams champions.....he certainly has the legs though but on those slightly faster and slippery surface, his legs certianly play a lesser role.

Was it nervousness? He lost the first 2 sets too..Third round/Sam Querry never could have made him nervous.

On a off day Djoko only can hope for a long physical battle. He can't count on some spontaneous brilliance. Last year against Anderson he was lucky it got to a fifth, this year he wasn't. Djoko is a reactive player and reactive players on a bad day are in trouble. I thought the last rally of the match summed it up perfectly: Querry playing quite passively and didn't give Djoko much to react to. When Djoko finally tried to force something, the ball went out...

What's amazing is how little bad days Djoko has had the last few years.

Above all, i'm glad Becker lost. He's trying to squeeze the sh!t out of his pupil for his own glory. What Djoko did, he could have done without Becker, despite Becker's sneaky remarks about Djoko's succes ("I'm a better coach than i was as player")

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:29 pm

It was known that once Djoko wins RG, his focus will fall down, he got what he needed at RG, and surely he cant be on fire 12 months a year.

Sam will do a Rosol on next match and lose, but a nice gift to tennis world today smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:30 pm

i wonder how djokovic must feel being the world no1 and having to play on court 1 rather then centre court
its nt the first time,last year he nearly lost to kevin anderson playing on court 1 too
that wouldnt happen at another grand slam event

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:35 pm

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:It was painful to see how nervous Djoko was. I think it is normal to be nervous but he was particularly nervous. His smash in the TB was not the smash of a 12 slams champions. But to be fair he has not got the shots of  a 12 slams champions.....he certainly has the legs though but on those slightly faster and slippery surface, his legs certianly play a lesser role.

Was it nervousness? He lost the first 2 sets too..Third round/Sam Querry never could have made him nervous.

On a off day Djoko only can hope for a long physical battle. He can't count on some spontaneous brilliance. Last year against Anderson he was lucky it got to a fifth, this year he wasn't. Djoko is a reactive player and reactive players on a bad day are in trouble. I thought the last rally of the match summed it up perfectly: Querry playing quite passively and didn't give Djoko much to react to. When Djoko finally tried to force something, the ball went out...

Above all, i'm glad Becker lost. He's trying to squeeze the sh!t out of his pupil for his own glory. What Djoko did, he could have done without Becker, despite Becker's sneaky remarks about Djoko's succes ("I'm a better coach than i was as player")

Agreed totally. Also, I agree on Becker. He looks and sounds like an idiot - and he's jealous of Federer. It's so sad if you read his interviews.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:49 pm

boris' competitive nature...it is funy though,this loss will probably hurts boris ego more then it uoset djokovic

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:57 pm

FedererKing wrote:
gallery play wrote:

Agreed totally.  Also, I agree on Becker.  He looks and sounds like an idiot - and he's jealous of Federer.  It's so sad if you read his interviews.

I don't think Boris is jealous of Federer. Quite the opposite, he thinks Fed is the goat. Boris is no Pete.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:58 pm

Veejay wrote:boris' competitive nature...it is funy though,this loss will probably hurts boris ego more then it uoset djokovic

Laugh

You are right there!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Jahu wrote:It was known that once Djoko wins RG, his focus will fall down, he got what he needed at RG, and surely he cant be on fire 12 months a year.

Sam will do a Rosol on next match and lose, but a nice gift to tennis world today smiley

I had a si ilar feeling. He just was still in his post RG honeymoon.

I am not too upset he lost, he really needs a break from everything, esp his increasingly annoying wife who has turned him into a social network clown.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:02 pm

gallery play wrote:

I disagree.
Boris helped him a lot.

Funny as it may sound, but Nole would have never won RG without him, they are a great team.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:24 pm

its not all bad NITB,djokovic has still had a remarkable year
he managed to achieve to something that hasnt been done by any of his rivals and he won the last slam that eluded him

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:54 pm

Of course it bad, No1 player, 2 time in a row champion, defending champion, RG champion, tax avoiding fake Monaco Prince, how is that not bad? Laugh

But you are right, its very good to see that Djokos demise has started, he has all 4 GS, lots of tax free money, and he will not be bothered any more at a level we seen him for last few years.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:24 pm

Veejay wrote:its not all bad NITB,djokovic has still had a remarkable year
he managed to achieve to something that hasnt been done by any of his rivals and he won the last slam that eluded him

I'm fine, really! Wah

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:01 am

Yes but his hold of the 4 GS was short lived!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:53 am

Better short lived than not lived at all!

That is just a proof what a tought task it was.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:18 am

noleisthebest wrote:
I disagree.
Boris helped him a lot.

Funny as it may sound, but Nole would have never won RG without him, they are a great team.

He had to win it sometime, this year was ideal.

Djoko's achievements with Becker are nothing compared with for instance 2011. I rank beating Nadal in 6 finals much higher than winning 4 slams by beating a 34 y/o Federer or someone he totally owns for most of his career (Murray). Becker is showing off over a year of crazy little competition.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am

I think this loss has hit Becker more on his ego bs, than Djoko.

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 am

Jahu wrote:I think this loss has hit Becker more on his ego bs, than Djoko.
Yeah, that's what Veejay said too. I think it's true

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:46 pm

"Still can't see Federer doing it... that Johnson guy is gonna be tricky too."
hardly tricky....all one way traffic for most of the match,roger just losing a little bit of concentration in the last set

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:03 pm

Veejay wrote:"Still can't see Federer doing it... that Johnson guy is gonna be tricky too."
hardly tricky....all one way traffic for most of the match,roger just losing a little bit of concentration in the last set

A good result does not mean he was not tricky. HE was a tough opponent and it gets far worse for federer from here on.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:49 pm

Well I can tell you that NITB and I saw it live on CC....and we liked what we saw! As I said on the day federer is still the best player. The question is how well can he line up matches....3 setters in particular. It helped him that he had 2 day break. Cilic will be an even tougher test!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:15 pm

Cilic looking good again - oh just as Federer is.  He's already ruined one slam for me.  But if Fed gets through, his biggest challenge is likely to be Raonic.  He hasn't lost in a SF at Wimbledon before - so that's a good omen.  Federer at least has a chance - something that most players can't hope for at nearly 35.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2