Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Grass - 2017
Today at 2:54 am by Daniel

» Fight for #1
Yesterday at 9:24 pm by Tenez

» U.S Election
Yesterday at 5:06 pm by Veejay

» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Yesterday at 1:11 pm by Daniel

» Why test sportspeople for cocaine?
Yesterday at 1:06 pm by Daniel

» I can't fucking stand Zverev's game
Yesterday at 12:29 pm by ...

» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:48 pm by legendkillar

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 am by DECIMA

» Cristiano Ronaldo statue
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm by Veejay

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:12 am

Juan Martin Del Potro (33) v Stan Wawrinka (SUI) [4]
Roger Federer (SUI) [3] v Daniel Evans (33)
Novak Djokovic (SRB) [1] v Sam Querrey (USA) [33]
Jack Sock (USA) [27] v Milos Raonic (CAN) [6]
Nick Kyrgios (AUS) [15] v Dustin Brown (33)
Steve Johnson (33) v Grigor Dimitrov (33)

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:17 am

Trust Del Potro to get him....  shit draw.

Still, I think he can do it.

My likelihoods:

Del Potro 50%
Federer 80%
Djokovic 80%
Raonic 95%
Kyrgios 80%
Dimitrov 60%

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:51 am

Wawrinka, Federer, Djokovic, Sock, Brown, Dimitrov

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:52 am

Tenez wrote:Juan Martin Del Potro (33) v Stan Wawrinka (SUI) [4]
Roger Federer (SUI) [3] v Daniel Evans (33)
Novak Djokovic (SRB) [1] v Sam Querrey (USA) [33]
Jack Sock (USA) [27] v Milos Raonic (CAN) [6]
Nick Kyrgios (AUS) [15] v Dustin Brown (33)
Steve Johnson (33) v Grigor Dimitrov (33)

Don't forget to make your picks!

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:18 am

Delp, Feds, Querrey, Raonic, Kyrgios, Dimi

luvsports!

Posts : 3853
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by luvsports! on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:59 am

Le Pen: delpo, fed, djok, rao, kyrg, dimi
Holding Magroin: Delpo Fed Djok Sock, Brown Dimi

luvsports!

Posts : 3853
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:30 am

1. Stan "the man" Wawrinka
2. Federer
3. Djokovic
4. Raonic
5. Kyrgios
6. Dimi

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:02 pm

Delpo hasn't changed at all. Maybe timing his FH a bit better, but the BH is weak, both slice and topspin.

Stan is moving better than last year.

Not much guile, just blasting the ball from both.

But it's Stan who goes down the line. Looks so relaxed. Magic

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:31 pm

Stan can take the ball so early and hit it super hard and that requires lot of talent (and work) but at the samw has relatively poor hands.

So these two must be separated.

Mac, for example had fantastic hands and feel for the ball.

That is alwo the main difference between Federer and Stan.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:33 pm

Mac is getting on my nerves feelng sorry for Delpo and his 4 "wasted years" because of wrist injury..

He sounds like an emotional soppy woman.

But it's this monstrous ball bashing that ruined  BOTH wrists.

Hard to imagine Mannarino suffer that way.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:47 pm

This is not looking like a 2nd round match... its hard-hitting..

Has Delpo improved his serving? He definitely is serving better than I have seen him mostly.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2763
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:58 pm

To me he looks the same. Still relying more on strikng the ball hard, rather than placement and variation.

His only improvement - he is hitting it even harder now.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:05 pm

Back in the Stan being "much more talented" than Nole...
Stan's volleys are quite average...poor control,  Nole's better even in that area.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Ouch....almost forgot!

Stan Wawrinka (SUI) [4] though he is 2 sets to 1 down!
Roger Federer (SUI) [3]
Sam Querrey (USA) [33]
Milos Raonic (CAN) [6]
Nick Kyrgios (AUS) [15]
Grigor Dimitrov (33)
--------------------------

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:35 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Stan can take the ball so early and hit it super hard and that requires lot of talent (and work) but at the samw has relatively poor hands.

So these two must be separated.

Mac, for example had fantastic hands and feel for the ball.

That is alwo the main difference between Federer and Stan.

Actually I thought his hands have really improved I thought. He brings many more returns in than in the past.

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:41 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Stan can take the ball so early and hit it super hard and that requires lot of talent (and work) but at the samw has relatively poor hands.

So these two must be separated.

Mac, for example had fantastic hands and feel for the ball.

That is alwo the main difference between Federer and Stan.

Actually I thought his hands have really improved I thought. He brings many more returns in than in the past.

Yes, some impressive BH returns...which are maybe more about his strong arm rather than finesse which he lacks at the net and elsewhere.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:58 pm

woah thats a surprise,the bottom half wide open for murray to make the final now...

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:03 pm

Veejay wrote:woah thats a surprise,the bottom half wide open for murray to make the final now...

I don't think so....  Krygios could easily kill him.  And that's just one player. Del Potro performed well. Expected him to win.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:06 pm

FedererKing wrote:
Veejay wrote:woah thats a surprise,the bottom half wide open for murray to make the final now...

I don't think so....  Krygios could easily kill him.  And that's just one player.  Del Potro performed well.  Expected him to win.
Don't think 50% passes as "expected"...

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:18 pm

LS, are you watching Brown-Kyrgios?

You can easily see why I think Kyrgios is gutless.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Brown is in the flight mode and it's simply fantastic to see.

Everything is going his way. He is walking on water.


...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:21 pm

well i expected stan the man to make the semi finals so its a surprise to me
del potro in form is a very dangerous player,would love to see him blow murray right off the court smiley

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:25 pm

I admit I didn't expect Delpo to win.

Stan let him into the match and lost all the focus he cannot play his best tennis without.

Stan attacks full on, goes down the line, hits corners...Delpo's game is safer and he just managed to prevail in the fine balance enough to disturb Stan's momentum.

I am happy for Delpo, but more unhaply for Stan who plays beautiful brave tennis with all he has.

Delpo will be spent if and by the time he reaches Murray if it comes to their encounter...and from memory, Murray handles Delpo well.


Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:26 pm

That's if Kyrgios actually wins.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:27 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
Veejay wrote:woah thats a surprise,the bottom half wide open for murray to make the final now...

I don't think so....  Krygios could easily kill him.  And that's just one player.  Del Potro performed well.  Expected him to win.
Don't think 50% passes as "expected"...

I gave it 50 /50 - but I personally expected him to.  I know what I expected, thanks. I actually said I think he can do it above.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:52 pm

Kyrgios and Dustin playing amazing. Much better to watch than Djokovic, and proper shot makers.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:52 pm

FedererKing wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
FedererKing wrote:
Veejay wrote:woah thats a surprise,the bottom half wide open for murray to make the final now...

I don't think so....  Krygios could easily kill him.  And that's just one player.  Del Potro performed well.  Expected him to win.
Don't think 50% passes as "expected"...

I gave it 50 /50 - but I personally expected him to.  I know what I expected, thanks. I actually said I think he can do it above.

Well I must say on this one you defied the odds. SO congrats.....though I am still questioning what made you think he could win it?

I guess it's a bit like a broken clock.....it still gives the time right twice a day.

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:28 pm

i actually thought that serena was going to lose that match
the players dont seem to fear her anymore
i cant make out if its because shes being really tested or because shes  so tight and wound up and becomes too much emtional

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:03 pm

You might think Querrey has a chance to win but the match actually starts now!...at 2 sets to love!

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:05 pm

djokovic is damn lucky for that rain delay cause the way sam was serving,it  looked like he was going to loose in straight sets
i seriously doubt that sam would be able to keep that momentum going if they come back tomorrow

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Tenez wrote:You might think Querrey has a chance to win but the match actually starts now!...at 2 sets to love!
If he doesn't choke tomorrow, he'll win.

Is it true that court one plays faster?

Querrey is making Nole look terrible.

I am genuinelly not bothered. I said at the beginning of this year I'd be happy for Nole to win RG amd Fed Wimbledon.

Anyone but Murray.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:12 pm

Veejay wrote:djokovic is damn lucky for that rain delay cause the way sam was serving,it  looked like he was going to loose in straight sets
i seriously doubt that sam would be able to keep that momentum going if they come back tomorrow

I seriously think Querrey has a great chance tomorrow.
Despite being a choker, he is an experienced player.

Give me one reason why he can't continue to serve well at take the 3rd set to at least a TB?

Nole is still in his happy post RG mode, not sharpened by hunger.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:15 pm

Federer is looking better by the match despite some, for his standards, inexplicable misses.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:53 pm

he is definitely looking more relaxed and he is moving really well
so djokovic and sam are coming back tomorrow
who does every one think will win that match
i still think djokovic will win it

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 pm

danevens was hardly even a challenge for roger
just saw that theres going to be macthes played on sunday
details tomorrow 1pm
all tickets to be purchased online

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Veejay wrote:djokovic is damn lucky for that rain delay cause the way sam was serving,it  looked like he was going to loose in straight sets
i seriously doubt that sam would be able to keep that momentum going if they come back tomorrow

I seriously think Querrey has a great chance tomorrow.
Despite being a choker, he is an experienced player.

Give me one reason why he can't continue to serve well at take the 3rd set to at least a TB?

Nole is still in his happy post RG mode, not sharpened by hunger.

Nole was upset to have lost that first set....and that made him lose the second set.....however I think tomorrow could be another story.

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:30 pm

NITB, your problem is you think Djokovic is unbeatable, but he isn't. I don't think you honestly expect him to lose.  His time is coming to an end rapidly and we can already see signs of that.  If he had a tougher draw the last few slams, I doubt he would have as many slams as he does.  But a few losses and he won't recover.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:32 pm

@tenez. Because I follow tennis all year round and Del Potro has been improving every match. And Wawrinka's worst surface has always been grass. Del Potro actually has an outside chance of winning this - but I doubt he will.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Tenez wrote: Nole was upset to have lost that first set....and that made him lose the second set.....however I think tomorrow could be another story.
I only saw the 2nd set, and it was weird.
Things were happening very fast.


...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:55 pm

FedererKing wrote:NITB, your problem is you think Djokovic is unbeatable, but he isn't. I don't think you honestly expect him to lose.  His time is coming to an end rapidly and we can already see signs of that.  If he had a tougher draw the last few slams, I doubt he would have as many slams as he does.  But a few losses and he won't recover.
What makes you say that?

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:09 pm

FedererKing wrote:NITB, your problem is you think Djokovic is unbeatable, but he isn't. I don't think you honestly expect him to lose.  His time is coming to an end rapidly and we can already see signs of that.  If he had a tougher draw the last few slams, I doubt he would have as many slams as he does.  But a few losses and he won't recover.
You have been saying that for the last 2 years....but he has just won 4 GS in a row!!!! His best last 12 months by far! Not at 25,,,,but at 29!

You are in denial. Of course he will go down eventually....but it's a bit silly to say that when the guy just holds the 4 GS.....don't you think?

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:17 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: Nole was upset to have lost that first set....and that made him lose the second set.....however I think tomorrow could be another story.
I only saw the 2nd set, and it was weird.
Things were happening very fast.

I think the fact the crowd is always for his opponent is starting to get on him. I mean Querrey is certainly not the most charismatic, exciting player out there...yet to the crowd, his game is more appealing than Djoko's.

That says it all.

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:23 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote: Nole was upset to have lost that first set....and that made him lose the second set.....however I think tomorrow could be another story.
I only saw the 2nd set, and it was weird.
Things were happening very fast.

I think the fact the crowd is always for his opponent is starting to get on him. I mean Querrey is certainly not the most charismatic, exciting player out there...yet to the crowd, his game is more appealing than Djoko's.

That says it all.

You may be right, although I don't understand it. That is one thing I can't relate to him, if it is true.

In fact, I think it's something else.


...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:34 pm

I think it has a lot to do with it. he likes to be liked...but it doesn't work!

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:09 am

Tenez wrote:I think it has a lot to do with it. he likes to be liked...but it doesn't work!

I find that need fascinatng, maybe because I don't  understand it.
Federer is the same, except that he gets the love.

Remember how shocked Nadal was when he got booed in AO?

But I don't see why it would upset him at this stage of his career. It's more like an annoying mosquito than a viper now.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Veejay on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:12 am

djokovic definitely wants to be as loved and liked and federer and nadal but he knows that he isnt and it does seem to bug him cause he tries realy hard toalways do and say the right thing for people to validate,like and love him
he is always politcally correct in his press coferences and interviews after matches
i think the problem is that when you try that hard to always say and do the right thing it can come across a little disingenious,sometimes even fake or pretentious
i think that maybe he tries too hard,he should just relax and be himself
oi have also heard people sa that thye dont like him because of the way his famiy behave as spectators,they embarrass him with thier classless behaviour like uncle tony does for nadal

Veejay

Posts : 3073
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by ... on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:23 am

Veejay wrote:djokovic definitely wants to be as loved and liked and federer and nadal but he knows that he isnt and it does seem to bug him cause he tries realy hard toalways do and say the right thing for people to validate,like and love him
he is always politcally correct in his press coferences and interviews after matches 
i think the problem is that when you try that hard to always say and do the right thing it can come across a little disingenious,sometimes even fake or pretentious 
i think that maybe he tries too hard,he should just relax and be himself
oi have also heard people sa that thye dont like him because of the way his famiy behave as spectators,they embarrass him with thier classless behaviour like uncle tony does for nadal
No, no, no...

Sorry, but you are trying to read him through western eyes.

He really couldn't care less about what anyone thinks (which is the real reason love does not cling to him - he does not want it knowing it is fickle). It's the PR.

Also, he has a very sharp mind and sharp minds get bored quickly...it's hard for them to exist in a constricted, sanitised PR enviroment ATP tour is atm.

He has always been just a playful pup.

Federer is also a PR a construct. Let's not get carried away with anything more.

They are all vulnerable people playing an amazing game really well.

When I first saw players from close, I was amazed at how fragile they appeared. It was really beautiful.

Delpo said stg nice today: "I am playing tennis, I am ALIVE again".

That's what it is.

Being alive and free.

It must be interesting to do it in front of thousands of people.

...

Posts : 23873
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Daniel on Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:40 am

Tenez wrote:
FedererKing wrote:NITB, your problem is you think Djokovic is unbeatable, but he isn't. I don't think you honestly expect him to lose.  His time is coming to an end rapidly and we can already see signs of that.  If he had a tougher draw the last few slams, I doubt he would have as many slams as he does.  But a few losses and he won't recover.
You have been saying that for the last 2 years....but he has just won 4 GS in a row!!!! His best last 12 months by far! Not at 25,,,,but at 29!

You are in denial. Of course he will go down eventually....but it's a bit silly to say that when the guy just holds the 4 GS.....don't you think?

Errr.. no.  I have repeatedly maintained that all 5+ Slam winners (and mostly otherwise) win far less in their 30s to their 20s... something you just keep closing your eyes to and then regurgitating that garbage above.  

Djokovic is worse now than he was in 2012.  The difference is he now has WEAKER OPPOSITION.  Federer and Nadal, his main opposition, are largely finished - and Del Potro got injured for 2-3 years. Soderling also off tour. His results are inflated, and as soon as he gets a tough draw or the new batch come through (and they are doing), he is finished.  He's almost 30 now.  You think prime is 32-35.  You have repeatedly maintained that players get better in their 30s.

You are wrong.  The overwhelming evidence shows this is not the case.

Djokovic has only done better at 29 than most do because of the weakest period of tennis in living memory.  Without that, he'd not hold all 4 slams.  That's something no-one saw coming because most rational people assumed there wouldn't be a super weak transitional period.  But guess what?  It's coming to an end.  Djok is getting older, new players are coming through.  You can't argue with human biology and the Open Era stats.

I gave Querrey a chance.  I gave Del Potro a good chance.  You know absolutely nothing past your own bias and gave them both no chance. Your whole philosophy is based on the belief that modern tennis is almost pure physicality. It isn't.   You wrong. Me right. Just like when I predicted Wawrinka would win the French against Djok - the person you and everyone else seems to think is invincible.

Daniel

Posts : 2437
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:13 am

FedererKing wrote:
Errr.. no.  I have repeatedly maintained that all 5+ Slam winners (and mostly otherwise) win far less in their 30s to their 20s... something you just keep closing your eyes to and then regurgitating that garbage above.
Yes but I have explained to you many times, winning slams down not mean you are playing you

Djokovic is worse now than he was in 2012. The difference is he now has WEAKER OPPOSITION.  Federer and Nadal, his main opposition, are largely finished - and Del Potro got injured for 2-3 years. Soderling also off tour. His results are inflated, and as soon as he gets a tough draw or the new batch come through (and they are doing), he is finished.  He's almost 30 now.  You think prime is 32-35.  You have repeatedly maintained that players get better in their 30s.
Only you thinks Djoko was playing better then than now. It's your dogma...not a fact.

there are part of a player's game which improves well in their 30s (timing, reading and of course being expose to better player improves the player), it doesn't mean the player is better equipped to win 7 matches in a row. Overall the game being so physical I don't expect a player to play his best "well in their 30s". yes maybe over a set, maybe a match but not after 2 or 3 matches in succession. I have always been clear about that so you are misquoting me here.

I for instance think that Federer 2014 and 2015 coudl have beaten Djoko 2014/5 on grass had they played in the semi or earlier. I am pretty sure Fed 2006 woudl not have been equipped to beat Djoko 2015, especially with his smaller frame. He was already struggling with Djoko then.

If you don't understand that, then I cannot help you.

Djokovic has only done better at 29 than most do because of the weakest period of tennis in living memory.  Without that, he'd not hold all 4 slams.  That's something no-one saw coming because most rational people assumed there wouldn't be a super weak transitional period.  But guess what?  It's coming to an end.  Djok is getting older, new players are coming through.  You can't argue with human biology and the Open Era stats.
you are again in denial. It's not only Djoko getting older...it's the whole top 100 players. Did you know that more than 50 of the 128 FO entries were 30 or over????? Are you saying the whole field is getting weaker?

I gave Querrey a chance.  I gave Del Potro a good chance.  Yes they are called "upsets". As said even a broken watch gives the correct time twice a day!

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Tenez on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:17 am

And you are so unlucky that the guy likely to beat Djoko today is the same age as Djoko! But of course according to you younger Querrey woudl have beaten this Djoko with more ease.

Tenez

Posts : 16011
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon Day 5 - Predictions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum