Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

edberg  davis  GOAT  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 3:26 am by summerblues

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Yesterday at 11:24 pm by Tenez

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Yesterday at 11:04 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Yesterday at 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

» Davis Cup Final....Allez les Bleus!
Yesterday at 6:43 pm by noleisthebest

» Rule changes to come in tennish
Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:25 pm by Daniel

» World Tour Finals 2017
Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm by Daniel

» Jana Novotna Passes Away
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am by bogbrush

» Any rugby fans?
Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:45 pm by Tenez

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:42 am

Just a quick thread to start us all off for 2016 grass season.

Week one in Stuttgart and somewhere in Holland I can't spell (GP - help!)

Tenez and other proper tennis lovers can now emerge back from behind sofas as Federer is back in action.

Nole is not playing anything until Wimbledon.

Time to enjoy sweet success of winning Roland Garros. Bubbly




Last edited by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:50 pm

I have just heard from the first hand source Federer knew he was not playing RG even during AO.

Which makes me wonder how legitimate his knee surgery really was, especially as he looked exceptionally fit in Monte Carlo.

It is clear his eye has been in Wimbledon only all this time.

Fair enough but...

shame about all those fans that bought tickets thinking  he'd play in Miami, IW, Madrid, Rome...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Daniel on Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:06 pm

Federer is almost 35. He has no chance of winning French Open - and won't risk playing it if he is not 100% fit.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:07 pm

Interesting, because I believe Rio is his priority. He always said a few years ago it was aim to keep on playing when the Olympics came round again. Always like it was a big marker in his diary.

I wonder how prepared he will be for it. I can't see Nadal being fit for the US Open let alone Wimbledon. Can't see Murray being motivated enough to play. Djokovic might have an eye on the greater prize. Might be Federer's chance to win Singles Gold.

legendkillar

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:26 pm

I think Federer only cares for slams, i.e. Wimbledon and maybe USO.

I am not sure anyone is particularly keen on Rio. 

They have all won medals: Nadal & Murray gold, Federer silver, Nole bronze.

It's more for the party, the place to be for an athlete..and yes..sponsor pressure.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by legendkillar on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:30 pm

I am not so sure NITB. I think Roger does care for his record and legacy. Why wouldn't he? To most the Olympic Gold might not hold the weight of other events, however I think the OG for Federer is similar to DC. Wants to win it once and have it on his record.

No doubt Slams are the bread and butter of any player, but being the leader in that field I think Roger does have one eye on the OG.

legendkillar

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:12 am

Yes but Federer has already an Olympic gold medal...whether it is double or single is in my view quite irrelevant when it comes to tennis.

I don't think Fed would reject another singles Gold medal but I doubt he will break a leg for it,

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:55 am

Sun finally shining on Federer.

He is on grass, and it's a beautiful sight.

Ok, sexy beast! Run

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:42 pm

Fritz has a good serve, but no hands. It sticks out like a sore thumb on grass.

Actually, none of the young players do.
All they are taught is to bash.


And even on this fresh grass it's baseline tennis and similar rallies to last week in Paris. Just a bit quicker.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:08 pm

Fritz looks like a more proportional version of Raonic.

He isn't tight in the head, though.

So, his able to put very fast bullets on anything that comes into his range, but his footwork is wooden, similar to Chardy.

And this is the new generation: tall that can time the ball well but limited, glued to the baseline & beyond.

Basically gutless despite the strong first serve. No character either.

The only ones with heart are Thiem and Goffin.

There must be many better ones in the pipeline coming, just hard for them to break through without exceptional fitness, experience etc which they can't pick up in challengers and futures.

Not to mention the confidence.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Tennistv commentator posing a stupid question: who is a better volleyer, Federer or Sampras?

Not Mac or Federer, but Federer and Sampras... 

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 pm

All in all, good win for Federer.

Rusty, won on experience.

Watching him look at balls fly past him on anything not perfectly timed from his racquet made me think it won't be long before he has had enough.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:04 pm


noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Just caught a few points from the early 2nd set, Federer got broken by F. Mayer...

Looks very stiff.

Is he playing through pain?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:59 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Fritz has a good serve, but no hands. It sticks out like a sore thumb on grass.

Actually, none of the young players do.
All they are taught is to bash.


And even on this fresh grass it's baseline tennis and similar rallies to last week in Paris. Just a bit quicker.

What choice do they have? come up with beautiful shots that Djoko and Murray can retrieve at will or outrun Djoko and Murray?

If someone like Federer can't win nowadays versus those Super Hewitt, the next generation has very little choice.

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Fritz has a good serve, but no hands. It sticks out like a sore thumb on grass.

Actually, none of the young players do.
All they are taught is to bash.


And even on this fresh grass it's baseline tennis and similar rallies to last week in Paris. Just a bit quicker.

What choice do they have? come up with beautiful shots that Djoko and Murray can retrieve at will or outrun Djoko and Murray?

If someone like Federer can't win nowadays versus those Super Hewitt, the next generation has very little choice.

With those big serves they all have a chance to volley not play parrot-tennis from the baseline.

They are simply gutless, all of them. (except Goffin and Thiem)
And poorly coached - Rublev, Pouille.

I understand there is not much room for hamds at the top level, but none of the young players will carve their way to the top past Djokovic from the baseline in the next two years.

And in the meantime, he will keep improving.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Delpo plays as pre-injures, but looks less deadly for some reason.

His shots now look same speed as Simon's who is timing the ball beautifully.

But pure base-line tennis...

Federer-Thiem will be interesting tomorrow.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:15 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Fritz has a good serve, but no hands. It sticks out like a sore thumb on grass.

Actually, none of the young players do.
All they are taught is to bash.


And even on this fresh grass it's baseline tennis and similar rallies to last week in Paris. Just a bit quicker.

What choice do they have? come up with beautiful shots that Djoko and Murray can retrieve at will or outrun Djoko and Murray?

If someone like Federer can't win nowadays versus those Super Hewitt, the next generation has very little choice.

With those big serves they all have a chance to volley not play parrot-tennis from the baseline.

They are simply gutless, all of them. (except Goffin and Thiem)
And poorly coached - Rublev, Pouille.

I understand there is not much room for hamds at the top level, but none of the young players will carve their way to the top past Djokovic from the baseline in the next two years.

And in the meantime, he will keep improving.

It's no coincidence that Djoko, Murray and Nadal are always at the business end of Slams. That's the winning formula.

You criticise Murray's game a lot but it's very similar to DJoko's ...except that he doesn't last as long.

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Tenez wrote:It's no coincidence that Djoko, Murray and Nadal are always at the business end of Slams. That's the winning formula.
Nadal isn't any more .
I see this era as a transition between Fedal and the New Tennis of New Generation.
Tenez wrote:
You criticise Murray's game a lot but it's very similar to DJoko's ...except that he doesn't last as long.

Their games are similar but when I watch them, they are two different worlds, so I don't perceive them as similar.

I look at many other things, not just shots.

I will say that Nole-Murray matches are not unbearable as in the past, mainly as both have improved, Murray attacks more.

The reason why I dislike Murray is the use of muscles. The brute force. There I see him much more similar to Nadal than Nole.

He is like a hybrid cross between the two.

Everything about him is fake: he is not a natural athlete yet he runs like a speedy Gonzales.
He is naturally skinny, yet he is the biggest guy on tour now muscles wise.
He is a born counter-puncher, yet he hammers the ball "attacking" CC.

He plays for Britan, yet he rallies for Scotland's independence...

That aside, he is a great example of hard work and has encouraged many youngsters in Britain. Run

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by BlueClay on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:30 am

noleisthebest wrote:Tennistv commentator posing a stupid question: who is a better volleyer, Federer or Sampras?

Not Mac or Federer, but Federer and Sampras... 

Yes, it's a stupid question all right because the answer is very obviously Sampras was the better volleyer. I like Federer's tennis much more and wasn't a big Sampras fan but there's no question Sampras was the better volleyer. How can this even be a serious question?

A lot of stupid people out there and here you are face palming? McEnroe, Sampras and Edberg--all better volleyers than Federer. I wouldn't think there would be tennis fan/expert alive or dead who would question that.

BlueClay

Posts : 362
Join date : 2012-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by BlueClay on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:38 am

noleisthebest wrote:



I will say that Nole-Murray matches are not unbearable as in the past, mainly as both have improved, Murray attacks more.

The reason why I dislike Murray is the use of muscles. The brute force. There I see him much more similar to Nadal than Nole.

He is like a hybrid cross between the two.

Everything about him is fake: he is not a natural athlete yet he runs like a speedy Gonzales.
He is naturally skinny, yet he is the biggest guy on tour now muscles wise.
He is a born counter-puncher, yet he hammers the ball "attacking" CC.

He plays for Britan, yet he rallies for Scotland's independence...

That aside, he is a great example of hard work and has encouraged many youngsters in Britain. Run
It's one of the worst and most boring match-ups in the history of tennis. Add to that the fact that Murray hasn't been able to beat Djokovic in over two years in a slam and it makes the match-up even more unbearable. Two primarily defensive tennis players slugging it out for hours. One's a robot and one's an Incredible Hulk. How scintillating!  Doh  Djokovic has literally no rivals. This is one of the softest fields I can ever remember since I started watching tennis. I hope we don't have to endure another Murray-Djokovic Wimbledon final!

BlueClay

Posts : 362
Join date : 2012-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:12 am

BlueClay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Tennistv commentator posing a stupid question: who is a better volleyer, Federer or Sampras?

Not Mac or Federer, but Federer and Sampras... 

Yes, it's a stupid question all right because the answer is very obviously Sampras was the better volleyer. I like Federer's tennis much more and wasn't a big Sampras fan but there's no question Sampras was the better volleyer. How can this even be a serious question?

A lot of stupid people out there and here you are face palming? McEnroe, Sampras and Edberg--all better volleyers than Federer. I wouldn't think there would be tennis fan/expert alive or dead who would question that.

No choice but again!

How on earth can you compare the ball Fed and Stepanek have to volley with Pete's? Pete and Edberg were volleying in a 2D world!  With 90% of the balls coming to them spinless and speedless between waist to shoulder level. Easy. With todays strings and spin Volleying is much harder as you have to pick up a much faster and spinier hyperbollic trajectory ball from your ankles to 4 feet above your head! But more importantly, you really have to think twice before going to the net as angles to pass you are much easier to find agin thanks to new strings...whereas in the past they did not have to think twice cause the ball was going to be much simpler to handle.

The first to give a test of this new ball to Pete was a very young and inexperinced Hewitt....and that was enough for Pete. In today's world Sampras woudl simply have not been a volleyer.....or maybe one ranked 100.

At 32 Pete was badly beaten at Wimbledon-new-condition first round by George Basle..at 32 Federer won it. Can you spot the difference?

With fed's reflexes and serve he would have walked in the 1990s era. In fact he did by beating Pete on his own garden at 18.....

You don't post here often but when you do it is non sense.

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:14 am

BlueClay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:



I will say that Nole-Murray matches are not unbearable as in the past, mainly as both have improved, Murray attacks more.

The reason why I dislike Murray is the use of muscles. The brute force. There I see him much more similar to Nadal than Nole.

He is like a hybrid cross between the two.

Everything about him is fake: he is not a natural athlete yet he runs like a speedy Gonzales.
He is naturally skinny, yet he is the biggest guy on tour now muscles wise.
He is a born counter-puncher, yet he hammers the ball "attacking" CC.

He plays for Britan, yet he rallies for Scotland's independence...

That aside, he is a great example of hard work and has encouraged many youngsters in Britain. Run
It's one of the worst and most boring match-ups in the history of tennis. Add to that the fact that Murray hasn't been able to beat Djokovic in over two years in a slam and it makes the match-up even more unbearable. Two primarily defensive tennis players slugging it out for hours. One's a robot and one's an Incredible Hulk. How scintillating!  Doh  Djokovic has literally no rivals. This is one of the softest fields I can ever remember since I started watching tennis. I hope we don't have to endure another Murray-Djokovic Wimbledon final!

I agree it's not exciting as it could be...but it's better than it was.
it says a lot that Murray (!!!) is trying to attack Nole now.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:15 am

BlueClay wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Tennistv commentator posing a stupid question: who is a better volleyer, Federer or Sampras?

Not Mac or Federer, but Federer and Sampras... 

Yes, it's a stupid question all right because the answer is very obviously Sampras was the better volleyer. I like Federer's tennis much more and wasn't a big Sampras fan but there's no question Sampras was the better volleyer. How can this even be a serious question?

A lot of stupid people out there and here you are face palming? McEnroe, Sampras and Edberg--all better volleyers than Federer. I wouldn't think there would be tennis fan/expert alive or dead who would question that.
just because they volleyed more doesn't mean they were better volleyers.

Imagine them play in this era of poweful large racquets!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Anyone watching Federer-Thiem?

Just caught the second set from 5:5.
Thiem wins in TB.

Not sure whether I heard the commentator well, but apparently Thiem was 5:0 up in 2nd set!!?

Fed was even a mini break up in the TB but blew it with a DF and two inexplicably mistimed dropshots/volleys.

He certainly looks old today. And a bit nervous.

Thiem showed some nice half-volleys and very low net clearance in topspin BH.

Fed just looks strange. You can see the lack of oil in his machine.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:12 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Anyone watching Federer-Thiem?

Just caught the second set from 5:5.
Thiem wins in TB.

Not sure whether I heard the commentator well, but apparently Thiem was 5:0 up in 2nd set!!?

Fed was even a mini break up in the TB but blew it with a DF and two inexplicably mistimed dropshots/volleys.

He certainly looks old today. And a bit nervous.

Thiem showed some nice half-volleys and very low net clearance in topspin BH.

Fed just looks strange. You can see the lack of oil in his machine.


Yes.. started from the 1st point.. Thiem is still a sack of nerves. He is often a slow starter, I see in most of his matches he goes a early break down. 

He was 5-0* up in the 2nd set, and yet couldn't serve of the set on 2 occasions. But lucky for him, Fed isn't playing nearly as good as he can. Though losing a MP will bother him.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Thiem 4*-3 up in decider. But i'm sure its not over with a single break. 

Fed is playing as bad as 2013. 

Not keeping much hopes with wimbledon.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:26 pm

Thiem wins.. And Fed loses another match having a MP in the 2nd set TB.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:35 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Thiem 4*-3 up in decider. But i'm sure its not over with a single break. 

Fed is playing as bad as 2013. 

Not keeping much hopes with wimbledon.

Just got back home from the gym to see replay of match point in which Federer makes an UE mistiming BHDTL after taking the ball late.

I don't know what to think...but can't stand seeing miserable Ljubicic in his box.
Terrible choice.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Daniel on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:37 pm

It's not surprising.  I am not sure why anyone is. He's almost 35 and will be retiring soon - probably this year.  Thiem is in his prime.  He's likely going to be a multiple slam winner.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:39 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's not surprising.  I am not sure why anyone is. He's almost 35 and will be retiring soon - probably this year.  Thiem is in his prime.  He's likely going to be a multiple slam winner.
I don't think it's his age. Stepanek is 37 and played a great match yesterday, light as a feather on his feet!

It's a combination of injury, rustiness and lack of confidence.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Jahu on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:28 am

Fed can still chase ATP250's with Nadal around the globe for next 5 years I guess.

End of an era.

Happy for Thiem of course 

Jahu

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Daniel on Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:02 pm

Djokovic won't even be playing at 34, NITB.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:19 pm

FedererKing wrote:Djokovic won't even be playing at 34, NITB.

Oh...but in the meantime... diva

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's not surprising.  I am not sure why anyone is. He's almost 35 and will be retiring soon - probably this year.  Thiem is in his prime.  He's likely going to be a multiple slam winner.

He in most of his interviews and post match press says about returning to tournaments in 2017. So most likely he will play even in 2017, at least the Grass season and USopen.

I don't think he will retire suddenly like some of his peers. Unless that back gives up, Fed will be on tour for min 2 years. I don't complain. He may not even win anything above ATP250, but its just good to have him on tour.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:31 pm

And Thiem is far from his prime. And though is doing good as top-10 reaching deep into tournaments, he needs lot of work before he can be slam contender. 

And I think he can be a multi-slam winner.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:27 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:And Thiem is far from his prime. And though is doing good as top-10 reaching deep into tournaments, he needs lot of work before he can be slam contender. 

And I think he can be a multi-slam winner.

I agree, he has the game inside him also lot of potential.
Such a strange physical player yet he is a natural full-blooded aggressor.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:39 am

Weather permitting, some good matches in Queens and Halle today.

Yeaterdays's finals from Stuttgart and Hegenboch yet to be finished....what a summer!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:05 am

ATP website has become so unbearable I wish the whole ATP tour collapsed! Grr

The useless smug paper-pushing spungeoning dullards that have never done a hard day's work...the world is full of them!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:02 am

Yes I think those new website were never as good as the old ones. Very weird that even technology is going backwards.

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:30 am

Tenez wrote:Yes I think those new website were never as good as the old ones. Very weird that even technology is going backwards.

They should be forced to use it 10 hours a day for a week.


The worst is most don't notice or even care...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Tenez on Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:42 am

Interesting interview from Federer.

He says he has been injured (or not 100%) every tournament this year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-halle-2016-preview

Age is certainly one reason why he woudl get injured more often but not the reason for his sharp decline since 2015 where he had an excellent year and coudl have won 2 more slams if it was not for Djoko.

Tenez

Posts : 17401
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:59 pm

Tenez wrote:Interesting interview from Federer.

He says he has been injured (or not 100%) every tournament this year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-halle-2016-preview

Age is certainly one reason why he woudl get injured more often but not the reason for his sharp decline since 2015 where he had an excellent year and coudl have won 2 more slams if it was not for Djoko.
What do you think is the reason(s)?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by legendkillar on Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:53 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Interesting interview from Federer.

He says he has been injured (or not 100%) every tournament this year.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-halle-2016-preview

Age is certainly one reason why he woudl get injured more often but not the reason for his sharp decline since 2015 where he had an excellent year and coudl have won 2 more slams if it was not for Djoko.
What do you think is the  reason(s)?

He's gone clean Winking

legendkillar

Posts : 1932
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Jahu on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:00 pm

So Rafa too then?  Cool

Jahu

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:06 pm

Just saw woman in my club wear that zebra Adidas top!!! Laugh

A. Murray fan!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Jahu on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:54 pm

Did you feel inferior a little being a Djoko fan yourself? 

Be honest now  Run

Jahu

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:23 pm

Jahu wrote:Did you feel inferior a little being a Djoko fan yourself? 

Be honest now  Run

Inferior does not exist in my vocabulary.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25122
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Jahu on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 pm

So its a feeling, not a word.

I knew it Winking

Jahu

Posts : 2050
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by luvsports! on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:31 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Jahu wrote:Did you feel inferior a little being a Djoko fan yourself? 

Be honest now  Run

Inferior does not exist in my vocabulary.

Hubris? Winking

luvsports!

Posts : 4086
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wimbledon 2016 & Grass Season (Draw Is Out!)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum