Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray

+4
Jahu
Veejay
gallery play
noleisthebest
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray Empty Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:39 am

Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray Muhammad-Ali-Quotes

IDEMO NOLE MAJSTOREEEEE !!!!!!   diva tennisball

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray Empty Re: Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray

Post by gallery play Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:38 am

Shame what should be a an hommage to Ali is now used to show support to Djokovic..
Anyway, i guess you understand fourty years from now no one will use an image of Djokovic in a context like this so no offence.

What a lousy RG this has been. The amazing run of Dutch Kiki Bertens was the only positive for me personally. But overall it was dreadfull: no classic matches, hardly good tennis at all and no Stan in the final. So it’s clear the final won’t be near as good as last year. Can’t watch it anyway but may it be a long exhausting dogfight. Let 'm bury that brand of tennis in the red dirt for once and for all.

RIP Ali, the GOAT

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray Empty Re: Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:47 am

gallery play wrote:Shame what should be a an hommage to Ali is now used to show support to Djokovic..
Anyway, i guess you understand fourty years from now no one will use an image of Djokovic in a context like this so no offence.

What a lousy RG this has been. The amazing run of Dutch Kiki Bertens was the only positive for me personally. But overall it was dreadfull: no classic matches, hardly good tennis at all and no Stan in the final. So it’s clear the final won’t be near as good as last year. Can’t watch it anyway but may it be a long exhausting dogfight. Let 'm bury that brand of tennis in the red dirt for once and for all.

RIP Ali, the GOAT

It may be a shame to you but not to me.
Quite appropriate and the timing is of no coincidence, either.

It's about the grit and heart.
Nole is the Nigger of tennis.

Federer for all his talent didn't have the proverbial balls to stand up to Nadal.
Nole did.

And just like Ali wasn't afraid to say it.

The man is a dreamer. The Real Dreamer.

It takes one to know one.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by gallery play Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:00 am

Comparing Djokovic to Ali, yeah right. Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray 2355573927   There's not much left of your neutral tennis fan alter ego, is there?

But you're right, Federer didn't have to balls to listen to the "doctors" so he could stand up to Nadal. Your dreamer didn't mind those moral issues.

Good luck tomorrow.

gallery play

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:11 am

gallery play wrote:Comparing Djokovic to Ali, yeah right. Roland - Roland Garros 2016 Final: Djokovic-Murray 2355573927   There's not much left of your neutral tennis fan alter ego, is there?

hehe, neutral I have never been, just not my make-up. In fact I don't know how anyone can be neutral about anything...maybe that explains Federer as he is from "neutral" Switzerland.

He had my full support in USO and Wimbledon last year.

Didn't you see how his tennis flew during that time?

But he made a bad choice and hired Ljubicic.

gallery play wrote:
But you're right, Federer didn't have to balls to listen to the "doctors" so he could stand up to Nadal. Your dreamer didn't mind those moral issues.

Good luck tomorrow.

Nothing to do with doctors.
These words came in 2006:

It was Federer who publicly advised him to get fitter or else not turn up to play at all (when he retired against Roddick in AO 2009).

Try and see the big picture, especially when it comes to all "moral" choices. Federer included.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:28 pm

i think murray will be quite tough for djokovic to beat,looking at todays result i wouldnt be surprised if he goes on to beat djokovic

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:27 pm

murray tying his wedding ring in his shoe lace as a lucky charm? wtf?? lmao!!

Last edited by Veejay on Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:52 pm

If MUrray wins this match, it will be a joke for tennis because he shouldn't be near a clay final.  The game is so weak at the moment.

On other hand, Djokovic will not recover mentally from the loss.  He'll slide right down in the mental department. I also think this is his last chance to win it.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:59 pm

massive choke job from murray!!
its all over now
he looked completely out of depth

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Have you ever seen such a weak, toothless player in any other sport?  Wow... Murray has been abysmal after the first set.  His serving has been atrocious.. his mentality as weak as paper. He's the ultimate bottle job.  This is Djok's main opposition?

I can't remember a time where the game was as weak as this.  The top 10 age distribution proves it.  It's the weakest in 50 years and Djokovic is laughing all the way.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:07 pm

His only hope now is for Djok to get injured or lose his bottle.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:08 pm

FedererKing wrote:Have you ever seen such a weak, toothless player in any other sport?  Wow... Murray has been abysmal after the first set.  His serving has been atrocious.. his mentality as weak as paper. He's the ultimate bottle job.  This is Djok's main opposition?

I can't remember a time where the game was as weak as this.  The top 10 age distribution proves it.  It's the weakest in 50 years and Djokovic is laughing all the way.
agree with you 100%
pathetic final,nothing spectacular from either player 
murray is an embarrassment for a world no2 
this is his 2nd grand slam final this year and he has been abysmal in both,its hardly even been a challenge for djokovic

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Did you also notice how brainless Murray is? He kept the same doomed tactic for 3 whole sets. And he kept placing ALL his drop shots to the same place. Djokovic won them all from what I saw. He knew exactly what Murray was going to do.

You can't teach brains and bottle. It's a miracle this toothless fool has won Wimbledon.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:24 pm

FedererKing wrote:Did you also notice how brainless Murray is?  He kept the same doomed tactic for 3 whole sets.  And he kept placing ALL his drop shots to the same place.  Djokovic won them all from what I saw.  He knew exactly what Murray was going to do.

You can't teach brains and bottle.  It's a miracle this toothless fool has won Wimbledon.
under pressure he reverts back to a 1 dimensional game
he has no mental strength or the ability to change tactics when things arent going his way 
he was already beaten once he lost his serve in the 2nd set
looking at the way he played today,i am amazed he managed to win 2 majors!! 
there certainly wont be anymore grand slam trophies coming his way!!

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:24 pm

We've won it, baby, we've won it!

NEK CRKNU DUSMANI, BREEEEEEEE!!!!!!! lovelovelove

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:27 pm

Well done to Djoko.

nitb congrats, now you can stop watching tennis smiley

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:We've won it, baby, we've won it!

NEK CRKNU DUSMANI, BREEEEEEEE!!!!!!! lovelovelove

I think it's fair to say that Djok didnt have to win it. HE was given it. He couldnt have lost against murray if he'd tried. Even injured Nadal would have put up more of a fight.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:45 pm

Andy should of let Stan come today and vaporize Djoko.

But sure, Monaco can be happy today for Djoko  Laugh

Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:47 pm

gallery play wrote: 
I would have to agree here, especially on the men's side. Goes to show how weak this era has been and Djokovic is taking full advantage of it. I actually enjoyed the women's final more than mens. The same was in the AO,16 final.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Jahu wrote:Andy should of let Stan come today and vaporize Djoko.

But sure, Monaco can be happy today for Djoko  Laugh

Stan can reach extremely high level of tennis, something higher than best of Djokovic. Its difficult to sustain such level for him, but when its on, its some of the best tennis that tennis can be.

Murray's best is many rows below Djokovic's top level. Murray's 2 slams came when Djokovic played extremely poor. 

Monaco... ha ha.. yey

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:11 pm

Well to be honest - Murray beat Djok in Wimbledon after Djok had played a 5 setter, he won Olympics against a Federer who had played the longest 3 set match in tennis history, and his US open win v Djok was in heavy wind that sent djokovic potty.  Murray lucked out.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:30 am

I missed it all...Though I m sure I did not miss much. 

I don't know what to think....
Fans don't care about tennis they just want to see records being broken or history being made. 
Tennis has really suffired in the last few years. 

Well done on Djokovic.  He has found the formula to succeed over time.Not great to watch...but bloody efficient.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:42 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote: 
I would have to agree here, especially on the men's side. Goes to show how weak this era has been and Djokovic is taking full advantage of it. I actually enjoyed the women's final more than mens. The same was in the AO,16 final.
Yep. Would have to agree with you both. Though I would not call it "weak" era ....just boring. Style less and talentless...at the top.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:21 am

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote: 
Yep. Would have to agree with you both. Though I would not call it "weak" era ....just boring. Style less and talentless...at the top.

When Fed was dominating, there was a #2 Nadal since 2005 who would be an extremely tough opponent for the #1. When Nadal became #1, Fed hadn't really faded away and Djokovic was clearly showing signs to catchup. And he did eventually.

Now when Djokovic is #1, who is #2, #3 or #4 to challenge him at where where? I'm not looking juts at defeating him, but at least challenge him, take him close to the brink. There was only Delpo would I thought could, But He is gone before that day ever came. Cilic won a slam and then looks like he will never do this mistake again. 35YO Fed being #3  and extremely inconsistent Stan @ #4 proves this is a weak era. Players like Berdych, Gasquet and Ferrer still being in top-10 or close is another proof of the dearth of quality among the ones young  below 25 players.

Nishikori is my only hope. I know Tenez you count on Raonic, but I'm still not able to see him do anything more than what he has already been able to.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:05 am

Jahu wrote:Well done to Djoko.

nitb congrats, now you can stop watching tennis smiley

You are right...I'll stop watching now. Winking

I'll only tune in when there is history to be made.
Wimbledon final, USO final...Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:08 pm

Djokovic is playing in the weakest transition period there has ever been. But he's getting older and sooner or later there will be a changing of the guard. Djokovic is riding his luck for now - but it won't last.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:50 pm

im not really one who likes to buy into any weak era theories cause i believe players get hot and cold all the time
no 2 seasons or even tournaments are exactly the same,however it does seem like djokovic is benefitting from being a bit of a late bloomer 
i personally wouldnt however classify that as a "weak era"

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:10 pm

Call it what you will - there is no one around performing anywhere near the level of 2004-7 Fed, or sampras, or borg, or peak nadal, or mccenroe, or agassi or anyone.  And that includes Djokovic.  He didn't play great - he was gifted a win by useless Murray (shocking first serve and no bottle). Even Thiem didn't play anywhere near what he can.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm

well this vacuum he is enjoying wont last forever,sooner or later the next generation will step up and start really challenging him

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:35 pm

You can't call an era weak because there is one dominant player.

At least for me, weak era is when the quality of tennis is weak and it certainly is is not weak now.

We have many 30 year old plus players at the very top.
Nole and Murray are 29.

They are all playing their best tennis. Murray was good yesterday and certainly had his chances had Nole not composed himself quickly.
They can't put the ball past each other...while hitting it very hard.

It's modern tennis. 

I am interested to see how Federer plays in Wimbledon, esp, the draw.
His drive is unbelievable.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:58 pm

im curious to know everyones opinion from a technical and mental point of view
is murray a tougher opponent for djokovic then what roddick was for federer? 
its obvious which one is more of a rivalry but was federer so far ahead that he made roddick look like a weak opponent or that djokovic and murray are playing at a much closer level? 
i personally believe that what it comes down to how players match up against each other 
the mental part comes into play too,when you keep losing to the same player or you keep beating the same player,that has a major impact too but does mental strength or weakness really make an era weak or strong? 
i personally dont think you can claim any era is weak or strong based on a rivalry/rivalries,you have to also consider how these players fair against the rest of the draw

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by AceofDeath Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:17 pm

Andy is embarrassing, doesn't even learn a FEW words of French for his post match speech I mean it's not that hard for him to hire a French teacher and say a sentence or 2 in the language of one of the 4 slam cities...

Well done to Novak joining the elite club along with Fedal. I don't see him keeping this level of play for very long no matter how flexible he is there will be a time his body lets him down like the other 2. Amazing how his legs have survived all the grinding he does, maybe cause he's not that bulky he can avoid the damage?

AceofDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:49 pm

AceofDeath wrote:Andy is embarrassing, doesn't even learn a FEW words of French for his post match speech I mean it's not that hard for him to hire a French teacher and say a sentence or 2 in the language of one of the 4 slam cities...

Well done to Novak joining the elite club along with Fedal. I don't see him keeping this level of play for very long no matter how flexible he is there will be a time his body lets him down like the other 2. Amazing how his legs have survived all the grinding he does, maybe cause he's not that bulky he can avoid the damage?

Well...it just goes to show all that running and grinding was propaganda... Winking
He does defend like nobody else, but that's 5% of his game.

People see him stretch and bend, but he doesn't do it on every point.

95% he is on the baseline making the opponent run without having to resort to low percentage shots,

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Veejay wrote:im curious to know everyones opinion from a technical and mental point of view
is murray a tougher opponent for djokovic then what roddick was for federer? 
its obvious which one is more of a rivalry but was federer so far ahead that he made roddick look like a weak opponent or that djokovic and murray are playing at a much closer level? 
i personally believe that what it comes down to how players match up against each other 
the mental part comes into play too,when you keep losing to the same player or you keep beating the same player,that has a major impact too but does mental strength or weakness really make an era weak or strong? 
i personally dont think you can claim any era is weak or strong based on a rivalry/rivalries,you have to also consider how these players fair against the rest of the draw

Interesting question.

On paper...yes - esp when you look at their H2H.

Djokovic is a better player than Murray and it's simple as that. Better FH, better serve, better BH.
Better athlete.

In the game they are playing - baseline tennis, Nole  wins every time.

So from that point of view it's similar to Federer-Riddick dynamics.

Of course, Federer plays different tennis so his style and domination over Roddick were more in your face - Roddick had 10% of Federer's entire game.

With Nole and Murray that overlap, I'd say, is about 70%.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Veejay Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:01 pm

whenever anyone talks about the weak fed era they always use roddick as the main example 
murray is also often talked about when people talk about a current weak era 
but roddick has shown the ability to beat murray and vice versa 
then theres nadal,who fed couldnt dominate but djokovic could
a lot of the times when people used to refer to fed benefitting from a weak era the same people would trumpet nadal to be the goat ( who played in the same weak era and never made a u.s open final against a "weak field" for several years!! ) 
its true that fed had no one who could really challenge him for a a few seasons and it seems djokovic is enjoying the same luxury right now but i wouldnt necessarily call that "weak"
to me its all just about how players match up against each other and the rest seems to be mental strength ( with maybe a bit more help on the side lol )

Veejay

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:22 pm

You are right...."weak era" comes from Nadal fans who before him were mainly Sampras fans.

They, like their hero could not recover from Federer being better in everything...so could not wait to start parading H2H with Nadal, invent "weak era" etc...

The truth is, Federer was extra superior in his generation.
Where are they all now?

Why did they all retire so "early"?

And how come it was Federer who challenged (and still the only one) who can challenge Nole? 
Certainly it is not Nadal.

Nadal brought unprecedented fitness when he turned up in Federer's generation. He must have looked like an electric scooter among the push ones.

It is Nadal who made the era weak by ganing advantage through unnatural physical strength.

Should Federer have said something about it PROPERLY?
Penny for his thoughts.

Instead, the whole train caught up with Nadal and tennis became like it is now.

Federer also made the mistake of not switching racquet as soon as Nadal started beating him on grass.

I am sure he regrets it.

To me, those are the facts that contributed to that odd H2H.
Not to mention the rigged draws.

But it is as it is.

Nole has made the most of his talent and technology.
Plus, he is extremely dedicated, hungry and disciplined.

And people ignore it, think it's not special- but it is a great feather in his cap.

What fascinates me is that Nadal is only a year younger than Nole and Murray and yet he is the "old" generation with Federer.

Nole and Federer cemented their years of dominance with a WTF title, 5-6 times each.

Nadal never did. Isn't that strange?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

I'd like to add this:

when it mattered, Murray put behind him all the ugliness that seems to propel his fighting spirit and graciously & thoughtfully congratulated Nole on his historic achievement.

I don't remember it happening before.

Mind you, nobody held all 4 slams in open era, still, it was unexpected and added beautiful sunshine to the occasion. Applause

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Federer contented with a lot more than Djokovic is. Djok doesn't even have Nadal on clay now.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

FedererKing wrote:Federer contented with a lot more than Djokovic is. Djok doesn't even have Nadal on clay now.

http://www.ubitennis.net/blog/2016/04/10/the-truth-about-novak-djokovic-and-his-alleged-lack-of-competition/

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:13 am

noleisthebest wrote:I'd like to add this:

when it mattered, Murray put behind him all the ugliness that seems to propel his fighting spirit and graciously & thoughtfully congratulated Nole on his historic achievement.

Mind you, nobody held all 4 slams in open era, still, it was unexpected and added beautiful sunshine to the occasion. Applause

Laver did it....and in the same calendar year!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:07 am

noleisthebest wrote:
FedererKing wrote:Federer contented with a lot more than Djokovic is. Djok doesn't even have Nadal on clay now.

http://www.ubitennis.net/blog/2016/04/10/the-truth-about-novak-djokovic-and-his-alleged-lack-of-competition/

The truth is he has no competition.  Nadal in his prime is far better on clay than Djokovic.  Federer had to contend with Nadal at his best in every competition.  And Soderling is better in a French final than Murray.

Djokovic has a bunch of aging men to contend with - even Murray is on the older side of things.  Those are the facts.  If Nadal or Federer were in their prime, Djokovic wouldn't have won it. He had Murray as his only opponent - and he isn't as good on clay as Fed or Nadal - not even close.

Djokovic won it when Nadal and Federer both missed the French Open for the first time (they are both now passed it anyway).  It will go down as the weakest draw for a long time.

Posting links from apologists isn't going to change the facts. Djokovic couldn't win it for a decade that Nadal and Federer were in the draw. He had to wait for them both to withdraw.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:29 pm

FedererKing wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

The truth is he has no competition.  Nadal in his prime is far better on clay than Djokovic.  Federer had to contend with Nadal at his best in every competition.  And Soderling is better in a French final than Murray.

Djokovic has a bunch of aging men to contend with - even Murray is on the older side of things.  Those are the facts.  If Nadal or Federer were in their prime, Djokovic wouldn't have won it. He had Murray as his only opponent - and he isn't as good on clay as Fed or Nadal - not even close.

Djokovic won it when Nadal and Federer both missed the French Open for the first time (they are both now passed it anyway).  It will go down as the weakest draw for a long time.

Posting links from apologists isn't going to change the facts. Djokovic couldn't win it for a decade that Nadal and Federer were in the draw. He had to wait for them both to withdraw.

It's not his fault he's the best. Cool

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:32 pm

Tenez wrote:

That was so long ago I don't know how it compares to today's competition.

You yourself have said many times the pool of players was very small then.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:

That was so long ago I don't know how it compares to today's competition.

You yourself have said many times the pool of players was very small then.

Very comparable in the sense that nowadays with today's conditions, if you are the fittest you have no competition either, regarldess the surface. At least at Laver's time fitness was a lesser factor.

It's not like Djoko adapts his game on the surfaces......he just waits for his opponents to tire.....Pretty easy if you asks me. Borg made teh Wimby/RG a few times and many did it before him.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:51 am

Tenez wrote:
Very comparable in the sense that nowadays with today's conditions, if you are the fittest you have no competition either, regardless the surface. At least at Laver's time fitness was a lesser factor.
Nadal was the fittest by a long mile when he turned up on the scene yet he failed to dominate.
Tenez wrote:
It's not like Djoko adapts his game on the surfaces......he just waits for his opponents to tire.....Pretty easy if you asks me. Borg made teh Wimby/RG a few times and many did it before him.
He destroyed Federer in the first two sets of AO SF.
He is much more than a fit running machine and that is why he is dominating.

Conditions are suiting him, but they are the same for all, and certainly not created for him.

I liked Federer's comment on Nole's 4 slams achievement the other day when he said he accomplished it  without luck.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:49 pm

No he is not much more than a running machine....like Pete was not much more than an acing machine. Over a set there is not much to differentiate Agut from Djokovic.  That's the sad truth! That's why people don't warm up to him. His game is still ugly but he gets better at it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:53 pm

And regarding Fed comment. It's spot on. No luck cause there is no use of talent in his game. When you rely on talent and fine timing it's much more risky. For Djokovic, Murray and Nadal the match starts at the end of the second set. Since Nadal tennis fans have been starved!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Tenez wrote:And regarding Fed comment. It's spot on. No luck cause there is no use of talent in his game. When you rely on talent and fine timing it's much more risky. For Djokovic, Murray and Nadal the match starts at the end of the second set. Since Nadal tennis fans have been starved!

Firstly, you are misinerpreting Federer's comment. But I do not wish to argue about it.

Secondly, I have not been starved since Nadal.

I have certainly been very annoyed woth the outcome of many matches, but there has always been lots of great tennis played.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Tenez wrote:No he is not much more than a running machine....like Pete was not much more than an acing machine. Over a set there is not much to differentiate Agut from Djokovic.  That's the sad truth! That's why people don't warm up to him. His game is still ugly but he gets better at it.

The argument of "warming up" is past its sell date.

If anyone had an ugly game it was Nadal and yet millions around the world love him.

And I still disagree about running machine tag.
Sampras was the acing machine, though.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:12 pm

Sampras also had a much better forehand than Djokovic has, - that's why he was 7 time champ.  Something Djokovic will never be at Wimbledon.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next