Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

edberg  GOAT  davis  

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 8:35 am by bogbrush

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:04 pm by noleisthebest

» I Have A Question
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:24 pm by bogbrush

» The End od Internet Neutrality?
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 pm by bogbrush

» Federer taps in BBC award
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm by noleisthebest

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm by Tenez

» The Best Shot Of The Year!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm by noleisthebest

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm by noleisthebest

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Who Would You Pay To Watch?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:04 pm

Novak Djokovic says he'd pay to watch Monfils:

http://sport24.lefigaro.fr/tennis/atp/fil-info/djokovic-adore-voir-jouer-monfils-798307


As for me, it would have to be Dolgopolov, Federer, Paire, Fognini on clay & Rublev
(Monfls, Stan & Gulbis on a good day, Simon in a slam fnal and...Nole lift RG trophy!)








Who would you pay to watch?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by luvsports! on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:10 pm

Feds Feds FEDS!
Brown, Stan, Dolgo, Thiem, maybe Monfils.

luvsports!

Posts : 4090
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by paulcz on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:39 pm

Nole lifting a trophy against anyone and out of this against Fed especially. The other are one level of interest lower.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:20 pm

luvsports! wrote:Feds Feds FEDS!
Brown, Stan, Dolgo, Thiem, maybe Monfils.
I forgot Brown!!!

Definitely Brown on a good day.

For me really it's older players with mature timing that can do everything with the ball and enjoy themselves, play for the soul.

Of the young ones only Rubi, because he has something very special about him.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:22 pm

paulcz wrote:Nole lifting a trophy against anyone and out of this against Fed especially. The other are one level of interest lower.

Hehe, didn't know this Paul!
Any particular reason? Whistle

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Tenez on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:37 pm

I'd pay to see Djoko get beaten! It needs a well executed performance to beat him...doesn't matter who does it.

I'd pay to see Nadal get beaten too...but nowadays, I don't need to!

Tenez

Posts : 17438
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by paulcz on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:52 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Nole lifting a trophy against anyone and out of this against Fed especially. The other are one level of interest lower.

Hehe, didn't know this Paul!
Any particular reason? Whistle

Yes, of course. I don't believe that there will be another such a dominant player from a similar small country, which was hugely destroyed by war and former regime. The player who has achieved his success by his enormous effort and who is really grateful to all people who have been supporiting him on his way on top. The player who plays mostly against the crowds, but stays positive, who is intelligent and entertaining, who strongly believes in his team and still try to improve his game. To record it, Nole is a nice player without limits.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Daniel on Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:27 pm

From beginning:

McEnroe, Borg, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Sampras, Roddick, Laver, Santoro, Del Potro, Agassi, Tsonga

Of upcoming:

Thiem, Kyrgios.

Daniel

Posts : 3138
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:24 am

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:Nole lifting a trophy against anyone and out of this against Fed especially. The other are one level of interest lower.

Hehe, didn't know this Paul!
Any particular reason? Whistle

Yes, of course. I don't believe that there will be another such a dominant player from a similar small country, which was hugely destroyed by war and former regime. The player who has achieved his success by his enormous effort and who is really grateful to all people who have been supporiting him on his way on top. The player who plays mostly against the crowds, but stays positive, who is intelligent and entertaining, who strongly believes in his team and still try to improve his game. To record it, Nole is a nice player without limits.

Most people can't appreciate it, and in a way, it's their loss.

I am happy for Nole.
He has done a lot of good for Serbia, restoring people's pride after years of humiliation from NATO.
When my dad woke up from his post op anaesthetics a few years ago, his first question was: "Did Nole win?"

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Autumnleaf on Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:59 pm

paulcz wrote:Yes, of course. I don't believe that there will be another such a dominant player from a similar small country, which was hugely destroyed by war and former regime. The player who has achieved his success by his enormous effort and who is really grateful to all people who have been supporiting him on his way on top. The player who plays mostly against the crowds, but stays positive, who is intelligent and entertaining, who strongly believes in his team and still try to improve his game. To record it, Nole is a nice player without limits.
This explains why you want him to succeed although I will never understand how people can support a player because of his country of origine, it's not like any of them chose it themselves... Well, Djokovic did chose Monaco when he had the chance.

It does not explain however, why against Fed specifically. I can think of a lot of reasons why you would want him to beat Fed specifically, but none of them good. In my eyes that rivalry has run its course and lost its interest.

Tenez wrote:I'd pay to see Djoko get beaten! It needs a well executed performance to beat him...doesn't matter who does it.
Seconded, but I'll be more specific. I want to see him get beaten by players younger than him. I'd love to see them step it up, will be very exciting. Sick and tired of seeing the same players in SFs/Fs/Ws for close to 10 years. Enough already.

Federer is the one exception for me where I won't be tired of watching. Too graceful.

Autumnleaf

Posts : 624
Join date : 2014-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by paulcz on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:18 pm

Autumnleaf wrote:
paulcz wrote:Yes, of course. I don't believe that there will be another such a dominant player from a similar small country, which was hugely destroyed by war and former regime. The player who has achieved his success by his enormous effort and who is really grateful to all people who have been supporiting him on his way on top. The player who plays mostly against the crowds, but stays positive, who is intelligent and entertaining, who strongly believes in his team and still try to improve his game. To record it, Nole is a nice player without limits.
This explains why you want him to succeed although I will never understand how people can support a player because of his country of origine, it's not like any of them chose it themselves... Well, Djokovic did chose Monaco when he had the chance.

It does not explain however, why against Fed specifically. I can think of a lot of reasons why you would want him to beat Fed specifically, but none of them good. In my eyes that rivalry has run its course and lost its interest.


You misread the meaning of my post completely. It is not about a country, but it is about the life values that I believe in. I do prefer a hard work, frankness and positive spirit against glitz, self-importance and hypocrisy.
I think that that answer is the clear explanation to your second question as well.

To understand better my reason of rooting for Novak, it is based on his personality more than on his elegance.

If you are the real tennis then I dont understand why you say that Novak & Fed rivalry lost its interest. They both are the best current tennis players, play different kind of styles and both represent reverse values, which I wrote about. There is nothing better from all matchups nowadays.

paulcz

Posts : 1747
Join date : 2012-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Tenez on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:11 pm

[quote="paulcz"]
Autumnleaf wrote:
If you are the real tennis then I dont understand why you say that Novak & Fed rivalry lost its interest. They both are the best current tennis players, play different kind of styles and both represent reverse values, which I wrote about. There is nothing better from all matchups nowadays.

Easy, completely different generation. Learnt with different technology, played on different surfaces than what Fed learnt on and despite that Djoko had to wait a very long timne before overtaking Fed, and he probably wins because he faces Djoko at the end of the tournament when a 34yo feels like he is 43.

Tenez

Posts : 17438
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:16 pm

paulcz wrote:
Autumnleaf wrote:
paulcz wrote:Yes, of course. I don't believe that there will be another such a dominant player from a similar small country, which was hugely destroyed by war and former regime. The player who has achieved his success by his enormous effort and who is really grateful to all people who have been supporiting him on his way on top. The player who plays mostly against the crowds, but stays positive, who is intelligent and entertaining, who strongly believes in his team and still try to improve his game. To record it, Nole is a nice player without limits.
This explains why you want him to succeed although I will never understand how people can support a player because of his country of origine, it's not like any of them chose it themselves... Well, Djokovic did chose Monaco when he had the chance.

It does not explain however, why against Fed specifically. I can think of a lot of reasons why you would want him to beat Fed specifically, but none of them good. In my eyes that rivalry has run its course and lost its interest.


You misread the meaning of my post completely.  It is not about a country, but it is about the life values that I believe in. I do prefer a hard work, frankness and positive spirit against glitz, self-importance and hypocrisy.
I think that that answer is the clear explanation to your second question as well.

To understand better my reason of rooting for Novak, it is based on his personality more than on his elegance.

If you are the real tennis then I dont understand why you say that Novak & Fed rivalry lost its interest. They both are the best current tennis players, play different kind of styles and both represent reverse values, which I wrote about. There is nothing better from all matchups nowadays.

Well said!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Tenez on Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
You misread the meaning of my post completely.  It is not about a country, but it is about the life values that I believe in. [b]I do prefer a hard work, frankness and positive spirit against glitz, self-importance and hypocrisy. [/b]

Hard working is great but I don;t watch tennis to see hard working people succeed, thanks to fitness. I watch tennis to see the talent in us.

Tenez

Posts : 17438
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by legendkillar on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:09 pm

This forum is actually quiet in the controversy side of things compared with the noisy neighbour.

I'd pay to watch Fognini. Wonderful ball striker and quite the personality. The one player that does have the total package in that regard. 

Thiem and Goffin for sure.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Tenez on Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Yes LK. It's quiet and nice here. Cool...no tennis hence no comment.

With Federer shading away, I can't see how to keep posters interested. We'll see.

Tenez

Posts : 17438
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:35 am

legendkillar wrote:This forum is actually quiet in the controversy side of things compared with the noisy neighbour.

I'd pay to watch Fognini. Wonderful ball striker and quite the personality. The one player that does have the total package in that regard. 

Thiem and Goffin for sure.

Hehe, we have discussed all those "controversies" 6-7 years ago....when they were a proper taboo and were  banned for it: time between the points, draw rigging, silent bans...


"Controversies" are now passe...

Time to talk about tennis, the new era that is emerging.

To see how the next generation will take over.

How tennis will survive Fed's and Nadal's departure...

How Nole's tennis can/will be beaten.

Will TDs change anything regarding playing conditions...

They are the interesting topics now, I think.

The only temaining controversy is this selective, political doping singling out of Russians (and come the Olympics Chinese etc)

I expect it to be quite a hot topic before and during Rio.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by legendkillar on Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:46 am

Well interestingly I watched the football writers last night and they were discussing about doping in the wake of the 150 names. They were sceptical about the number given the doctor had a varied and inflated opinion of himself that does call into account his creditability, however they did agree that athletes push the boundaries on what is legal/illegal and that more cases similar to the Sharapova one will start coming to light and they even thought testing in tennis was good! Lol. In comparison with football yes, but more can be done.

It was an interesting piece.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:57 am

I didn't watch it, but read yesterday Ibrahimovic doped while playing for Inter Milan.

Assume all professional athletes dope to so e extent, depending on who they can afgord, the most interesting thing is who and how gets "caught".

It's pure politics.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Tenez wrote:Yes LK. It's quiet and nice here. Cool...no tennis hence no comment.

With Federer shading away, I can't see how to keep posters interested. We'll see.

Maestro has been practising  in Monte Carlo for over a week I think. I hope he plays.

Can't wait for it to start! diva

noleisthebest

Posts : 25152
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Tenez on Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:04 pm

If you know 150 of your colleagues are doping, sure you are agoing to dope as well.

I think 99% of them do. Part of an athlete job is to dope discretely. You would have to be stupid to remain clean knowing there are millions at stake and and everybody else (which is the spirit they are all in).

If a million dollars falls from a plane by accident, you will see the crowd below how they rush on it....not many will think "oh I don't deserve that money so I will leave it there or I collect it and try to find teh owner....espeically if all the others around are rushing to grasp the notes.

Now imagine if you work hard and deserve that money but some are stealing it from you cause they are cheating. You will have no choice than to do the same. That is exactly the spirit athletes are in.

Tenez

Posts : 17438
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who Would You Pay To Watch?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum