Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Open Championship
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by noleisthebest

» Djokovic's greatest triumph
Yesterday at 8:37 pm by noleisthebest

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Yesterday at 8:37 am by legendkillar

» Castle needs sacking. And so does Becker.
Yesterday at 8:25 am by legendkillar

» An insider's guide to the Wimbledon queue!
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:43 pm by Jahu

» Shot clock
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:10 am by bogbrush

» Men's final prediction
Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 am by summerblues

» World Cup final croatia vs senegal
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:43 pm by asperger

» Men's semi final
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:30 pm by Daniel

July 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Women prize money is making the headlines again.

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Women prize money is making the headlines again.

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:57 am

it is happening

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:32 pm

But you have no idea what "it" is, do you?

Are you able to understand my posts and perhaps reflect on the absurdity of you bringing equality into a discussion about seeding policy within the women's event? You do increasingly look like one of the characters I was commenting on, and inability to engage with those observations doesn't help.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 pm

it is easy,

in the near future, when a woman gets pregnant, she will keep her ranking until she comes back.

if she is not in the correct level for that seeding, she will lose it playing.

you like it, great, you dont, it doesnt really matter.

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:07 pm

naxroy wrote:it is easy,

in the near future, when a woman gets pregnant, she will keep her ranking until she comes back.

And exactly what has that got to do with equality?

I couldn't care less what they do about the women's seedings, I don't watch the sideshow matches anyway, what I do get interested in is how stupid the SJW mind is. And today you've given me a fine demonstration of the cognitive dissonance at play when a word like equality gets applied to what is entirely a private matter between the female tennis players.

This is why the next few years are going to be so much fun watching you all tear yourselves to pieces over completely conflicting definitions of the word equality.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Slippy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:24 pm

There would be a lot of practical difficulties with that approach if you mean it literally, rather than the protected rankings which are already kept until return. I’m curious though which of the following you think should and shouldn’t benefit from this approach. Someone who:

1. was playing when she became pregnant and returned to the tour less than a year after giving birth;
2. took time off with the intention to start a family in due course and returned to the tour  several years later;
3. was unable to travel due to custody issues with her young child;
4. injured her knee picking her child out of the bath;
5. was stabbed in the hand by burglars;
6. required an operation following many years of wear and tear on the tour; or
7. took two years off the tour to campaign for the rights of endangered animals. 

Most of these (not the last one so far as I am aware!) are situations which have arisen over the last few years. I’m really struggling with the concept that option 1 deserves greater protection than the other situations.

Slippy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Slippy wrote:

There would be a lot of practical difficulties with that approach if you mean it literally, rather than the protected rankings which are already kept until return. I’m curious though which of the following you think should and shouldn’t benefit from this approach. Someone who:

1. was playing when she became pregnant and returned to the tour less than a year after giving birth;
2. took time off with the intention to start a family in due course and returned to the tour  several years later;
7. took two years off the tour to campaign for the rights of endangered animals. 

Most of these (not the last one so far as I am aware!) are situations which have arisen over the last few years. I’m really struggling with the concept that option 1 deserves greater protection than the other situations.

BB and you don't seem to get it!

In naxroy's world things happen whether you thinks it makes sense or not.

Serena wants protected ranking in the name of equality - it happens.
Nadal wants to be the GOAT - it's going to happen.

The fact it's all hollow and fake doesn't matter.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:57 pm

glad NITB understood

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:49 pm

Lame dodge, truly lame.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:01 pm

Slippy wrote:

I am sure there will be a sensible aproach for every situation

the big picture is, women are still in 2018, in a serious disadvantage with men, regarding professional chances, just for the fact of being women.

This is changing, and Wta as other organisations show this change little by little.

of course, in Wta, women dont compete with men, but with other women, but, it is still important that such an important sports organisation takes steps in the correct direction. it is important for society in general.

Last edited by naxroy on Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add "am" where it was missing in the start of my post)

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

Yes, and disadvantaging some women in favour of other women will clearly address their position with men. What it doesn’t do is make them look needy for allowances that men go without.

Personally, I’m all for equality. Let’s sweep all this crap away and play one event.

And there’s no personal disadvantages to women that aren’t found in their own natures. And good for them too, it’s smart into ignore superficial analyses by idiots and know yourself.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:46 am

Slippy wrote:I don’t really get that example. Unless there was a very good reason why a player with a wrist injury should be treated differently then it would be an obviously unfair rule.
I guess what I am saying is that I do not think ATP, or WTA or slams, or whoever needs to aim for some absolute fairness to make me happy.  I just do not want them to be partial to specific players.

For example, if they decided to give special treatment to all wrist injuries, they would not be - a priori - advantaging any specific player.  All players are treated the same.  Of course, it would subject players to random luck between injuries - wrist injuries would be luckier than non-wrist injuries, but the system would not choose who gets the advantage - luck would do that.  I do not have a huge problem with that.

I only have a real problem if the rules are changed with prior understanding who is going to benefit.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:51 am

Slippy wrote:I’m curious though which of the following you think should and shouldn’t benefit from this approach. Someone who:

In light of my previous post, my answer to this would be that the tour, or the slams, can choose any subset of these without consideration of how it relates to any of the other ones, as long as the rule change is made ahead of the time, and is not designed to apply to a specific player.

I do not see that they have any obligation to try to make things "fair" between all these cases relative to each other.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:00 am

naxroy wrote:reality is world is changing for good in terms of equality
"Good in terms of equality"?  Is that not ill-defined?  That sounds like "good in terms of temperature".  Is colder better than hotter or vice versa?

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:58 am

bogbrush wrote:
naxroy wrote:
Daniel wrote:They choose to get pregnant.  That's the decision.  This penalizes women who put the sport above having children.

the thing is no woman should have to choose between professional success and having children, as both things shall be compatible.
Sorry, where did this principle appear from?

This is the kind of self-appointed declaration of rights garbage that infects so much of shallow thinking these days.
..and drives the world into an economical disaster.

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:50 am

the world is already in economical disaster

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:42 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
naxroy wrote:
Daniel wrote:They choose to get pregnant.  That's the decision.  This penalizes women who put the sport above having children.

the thing is no woman should have to choose between professional success and having children, as both things shall be compatible.
Sorry, where did this principle appear from?

This is the kind of self-appointed declaration of rights garbage that infects so much of shallow thinking these days.
..and drives the world into an economical disaster.
True, though I am slightly more confident because once you get away from the media and those who follow blindly, real people have no interest in this rubbish. They know fairness when they see it.

The real problem comes when virtue-signalling nonces like Justin Trudeau actually implement stupid and damaging policies (as you perhaps indicate), or Mutti Merkels actions that are almost designed to scupper the EU (though no bad result in my opinion), but in the end people will just get fed up of them and get rid.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:15 pm

bogbrush wrote:
The real problem comes when virtue-signalling nonces like Justin Trudeau actually implement stupid and damaging policies (as you perhaps indicate), or Mutti Merkels actions that are almost designed to scupper the EU (though no bad result in my opinion), but in the end people will just get fed up of them and get rid.
How?

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:28 pm

"Equality" is one of those words which we all understand is difficult, if not impossible, to make a case against; hence people use that word to manipulate it to mean what they want to score an easy win in an argument against the intellectually feeble and lazy.  In too many hands it descends into a scrap between special interest groups as to who is the most discriminated against and therefore should be afforded the most inviolate status - as BB points out this leads to the extraordinarily nasty debates (?) going on between Feminists, LGBT activists and various Trans activists - they all have points to make but because of the way they argue it is impossible to reach an accommodation.  

To me the notion that "equality" is the determinant of whether a female tennis player on the WTA tour should protect her ranking against other women because she has been away to have a child, or absent for any other reason, is intellectually incoherent.  When deciding how to treat women who have children in a workplace where men and women work side-by-side and are equally suited for the job at hand is an entirely different thing - but still, what we should aim for is equality of treatment & opportunity not equality of outcome.

Sadly, people who have a very good point spoil it with nonsense like this and make it more difficult for society to be comfortable with fairness and change than should be the case.

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
How?
Vote them out, or chop their heads off. We last did that in the 1649 and I am happy to say that since then the pact between rulers and ruled as been largely civil, but they must remember not to push their luck too far.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:09 pm

bogbrush wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
How?
Vote them out, or chop their heads off. We last did that in the 1649 and I am happy to say that since then the pact between rulers and ruled as been largely civil, but they must remember not to push their luck too far.

That line is well and good and plays well with nihilists, chancers, dunderheads, and egomaniacs who want power for its own sake because they think they'll do better, but the most recent project of the disgruntled voters is turning out to be a total fiasco because, with the notable and noble exception of the Leave Alliance nobody ever had a clue as to what they would do - and still don't.  Unless May manages to pull something out of the jaws of the ultras, some of whom I am embarrassed to have been at school with, we'll be paying the political and economic price for years.

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:31 pm

I exaggerate on the chopping heads off but truthfully there is no worse alternative than the government by the entitied.

As William Buckley said, “I am obliged to confess I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University”

As for Brexit, it is a wonderful action with tremendous potential. We just need people willing to implement it with balls, vision and leadership. Truly, a volunteer is worth 20 pressed men.

Independence and freely chosen partnership is always preferable to immersion in a superstate project, especially one implemented by stealth.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by barrystar on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:13 pm

bogbrush wrote:I exaggerate on the chopping heads off but truthfully there is no worse alternative than the government by the entitied.

As William Buckley said, “I am obliged to confess I should sooner live in a society governed by the first two thousand names in the Boston telephone directory than in a society governed by the two thousand faculty members of Harvard University”

As for Brexit, it is a wonderful action with tremendous potential. We just need people willing to implement it with balls, vision and leadership. Truly, a volunteer is worth 20 pressed men.

Independence and freely chosen partnership is always preferable to immersion in a superstate project, especially one implemented by stealth.

I can identify with many sentiments in your post - but who could be more entitled than (i) Johnson & Mogg (ii) Leadsom and Grayling, when one comes to think of their extraordinary intellectual limitations which, if they understood them, would make them resign at once (iii) Liam Fox when one thinks of his habitual casual conflicts of interest and confusing lobbyists with advisers (iv) David Davis for his lazy cheerfulness and lack of preparation - including having assured us before the vote that individual countries would be negotiating with us the next day and sacking the only civil servant who understands the EU and gave him sound advice that he did not want to accept (v) Farage who has never attempted to own the result he worked so hard to achieve and has never bothered to understand what he was asking for or offer a plan, but slunk off to his self-serving life as a 'DJ'.  

Maybe it is just an unlucky coincidence that such a high proportion of the prominent people who have supported Brexit are entitled charlatans or dunderheads of the highest order, maybe not.  Whatever role Russia played in the referendum (and I believe that Remainers are pitching it way too high and looking stupid) it is undoubtedly the case that they are pleased with the result because it has weakened us.

The complexity of modern life and international trading arrangements mean that there is a huge difference between a great idea in principle and having the gumption to work out how it sits in practice.  It is still obviously the case that 90% of politicians and journalists have not taken the trouble to understand how the single market works, how the WTO works, what a customs union is,  how international borders work within the WTO system, and how our businesses have developed to function in the single market these last few decades so that they cannot be yanked out of it in a mere matter of a handful of years, let alone the ludicrously truncated timescale suggested by the ultras.  People like Mogg, supported by so-called economists like Patrick Minford, often set out downright untrue explanations of the WTO rules and what is possible outside the single market.  They do this so often that debating with them is almost impossible because you have to start with endless fact checking, by which time people remember the fatuous Mogg's references to Agincourt and his suggestion (which we all want to believe) that it's more simple than the 'Remoaners' say and that the EU are being difficult and unrealistic.  These people have the arrogance to have strong ideas and make stirring speeches and insist on red lines the consequences of which they do not understand.  May's huge mistake was to lay down red lines early because she was frit without seeing where they'd go - she has spent the last 2 years trying to row back with mixed success, each time she tires to save us from perdition she's denounced as a 'Remoaner'. Yes, Project Fear contributed to this toxic environment - but that does not excuse the likes of Mogg citing it as cover for his untruths.

As I said above, Richard North of the Leave Alliance is a very rare exception to this - he has supported Leave for 40 years, and he believes base on an understanding of how it works that we cannot leave the Single Market in one go - but the disgraceful charlatans pushing Brexit describe him as a Leaver.

ps - BB I have you in a category way above these people on whom I am pouring scorn - it is meant for them, not for you, because they bore responsibility of putting their plan into action and you do not (and may well have one for all I know), but these people show that ideas are no good without a detailed plan, and that it is essential to have the humility to change course a little when your great idea bumps into reality.

barrystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:46 pm

Sure, no probs. My opinion isn’t based on any individual politicians - I have real respect only for a handful from the two major parties - but on a deeply felt conviction that people are at their best when governed lightly, cooperating (which only have a meaning if it’s voluntary) and in open, honest commercial competition.

Got to be careful in personal info, but I run a fair sized business (between £50-100m t/o) and I deal with huge companies. I do so successfully despite massive apparent disadvantages because I deal on free market principles, invest aggressively, take calculated risks and we are hugely adaptable.

This is why I have no fear post-Brexit IF we take an option that deregulates and opens us outwards. I told my staff pre-referendum not to be concerned because good business will always succeed irrespective of the environment. The noise made by large corporations should be ignored; they hold loyalty to no Country and really just want the environment made unbearable for agile competition by regulation. You watch them play with patents and you see all they do with ‘innovation’ is try to gain monopoly, not do anything clever. These multi-nationals like Airbus are all bullshitters, they’re going nowhere.

Since the vote our investment has stepped up even more and our business is growing almost faster than we can grow capacity, and a big new development is a deal to supply to the USA - all without a trade deal.

Anyway, in any negotiation only a fool walks in unable to walk away. I would have put a good few billion into no deal preparations on day one, just so I have a stronger position as I negotiated a good deal. Plus I wouldn’t have done Article 50 early (if at all), why concede the process - it’s stupid! Just rock up, tell them you’re passing the legislation to leave, tell them you’ll pay the subs until the day we leave which will be in our legislation, and if they wanted any better then I’d like better too. There’s so many cards an independent nation with a gigantic trade deficit has, you just have to mitigate your vulnerabilities.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 am

bogbrush wrote:True, though I am slightly more confident because once you get away from the media and those who follow blindly, real people have no interest in this rubbish. They know fairness when they see it.
I am with you on this.  PC propaganda - while pervasive in the media - does not really impact day-to-day life all that much (at least not if one stays away from the public sector employment).  PC in the western world these days is sort of a mild version of what I lived through in communist Eastern Europe as a child.  We had our own version of "political correctness" there - except that it was far crazier, and much more pervasive and more difficult to escape.

So, in the big scheme of things, PC here does not look all that bad.

There is one angle from which it looks disappointing though:  PC in communism had evolved from mass-murderous beginnings, and in some sense represented an "improvement" from what was before.  Whereas here, the direction seems to be the opposite.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 am

barrystar wrote:"Equality" is one of those words which we all understand is difficult, if not impossible, to make a case against; hence people use that word to manipulate it to mean what they want to score an easy win
I think something similar is sort of true in any society.  All societies tend to develop beliefs that must not be questioned.  Equality, human rights, etc are such beliefs in our society.  To the extent a person or a group of people want to promote their own interests, they will - by hook or by crook - interpret them in the language of these unquestionable concepts.

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 am

such an easy concept and so many words to hide primitive ideas.

its easy, women shall not be paid less for being women.

and any advanced society will put all the effort in providing the perfect conditions for women and men to have children, which means, it wont mean any disadvantage in their professional career, nor for women nor for men.

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am

It's like a mirror image of the said "oracle" of the forum.

Empty random ranting to mask up ignorance.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! on Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:34 am

Serena Williams 25th seed for Wimbledon despite being outside top 32 in rankings
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/44627489

luvsports!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:09 pm

naxroy wrote:such an easy concept and so many words to hide primitive ideas.

its easy, women shall not be paid less for being women.

and any advanced society will put all the effort in providing the perfect conditions for women and men to have children, which means, it wont mean any disadvantage in their professional career, nor for women nor for men.
None of them are.

Oh, and the subject is seeding in the women's draw. The people complaining about this are WOMEN. I know that f*cks with the intersectional dogma where white hetero males are the Universal Enemy, but there we are.

As for the last sentence, it condemns you as someone with a superficial grasp of concepts. Ideal raw material for SJW brainwashing.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

debate took its own direction.

as for your last sentence, I declare myself guilty.

I wish to learn from your deep knowledge, though I hope I can separate your great oratory from the neandertal proppaganda it wraps up.

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:35 pm

bogbrush wrote:

Oh, and the subject is seeding in the women's draw. 

wait, isnt this the thread "Women prize money is making the headlines again" ?

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 pm

naxroy wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Oh, and the subject is seeding in the women's draw. 

wait, isnt this the thread "Women prize money is making the headlines again" ?
The subject evolved. Didn’t you notice?  

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:08 pm

naxroy wrote:debate took its own direction.

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:20 pm

naxroy wrote:debate took its own direction.

as for your last sentence, I declare myself guilty.

I wish to learn from your deep knowledge, though I hope I can separate your great oratory from the neandertal proppaganda it wraps up.
I’d love to help but it seems beyond the scope of your belief permit.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:29 pm

dont worry boggy

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:51 pm

barrystar wrote:"Equality" is one of those words which we all understand is difficult, if not impossible, to make a case against; hence people use that word to manipulate it to mean what they want to score an easy win in an argument against the intellectually feeble and lazy.  In too many hands it descends into a scrap between special interest groups as to who is the most discriminated against and therefore should be afforded the most inviolate status - as BB points out this leads to the extraordinarily nasty debates (?) going on between Feminists, LGBT activists and various Trans activists - they all have points to make but because of the way they argue it is impossible to reach an accommodation.  

To me the notion that "equality" is the determinant of whether a female tennis player on the WTA tour should protect her ranking against other women because she has been away to have a child, or absent for any other reason, is intellectually incoherent.  When deciding how to treat women who have children in a workplace where men and women work side-by-side and are equally suited for the job at hand is an entirely different thing - but still, what we should aim for is equality of treatment & opportunity not equality of outcome.

Sadly, people who have a very good point spoil it with nonsense like this and make it more difficult for society to be comfortable with fairness and change than should be the case.

Equality for me is all a deceptive façade. Purely because from the moment we are born we are not all born as equals. Some (pains me to say this) are born with disabilities which ultimately will set them apart from others. Gender again is something that means by default we are not equal because biologically we are different. Also as children we are brought up in different environments. Poor, rich, loved, hated. So we are not truly equal in the sense we are told to be believed.

The Equality Act and Human Rights Act cause the very conflicting discrimination it means to eliminate or even prevent. At some point they cancel one another out. For me that's why I don't subscribe that Equality should be something that is imposed as matter of law or coercion. Let me be clear, I am not saying that I then support human abuses or atrocities or anything of the like. Equality should be something embraced by free will and belief. That comes from humans as species working towards shared goals like survival and progression. As generations and time has passed, human existence has become more and more complex and we are more at odds with each other rather than collaborating. It will ultimately be our downfall. 

Inequality is the oil in the gears that keep them moving. It is a necessary evil that moves things forward. Hierarchical structures, orderly queues, ranking. All the definitive of inequality. 

There is too much emphasis that equality is just for the purpose of opportunities and treatment. Equality has a very broad and deeper meaning and yet is only utilised in a very small context.

legendkillar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:26 am

I saw that clip and thought it would fit in here. ...

Tenez

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 am

Tenez wrote:I saw that clip and thought it would fit in here. ...

Excellent! Laugh

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Decades ahead of its time.

It would probably be banned as hate speech today.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:34 pm

bogbrush wrote:Decades ahead of its time.

It would probably be banned as hate speech today.

Here's another one for you, BB.

noleisthebest

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:57 am

In light of the latest reports that women players with kids want special scheduling arrangements so they don’t have extra guilt at leaving their children, and of course protected seeding everywhere, I think it’s about time they received points advantages to compensate for their birth trauma.

Perhaps a point start on receiving games would be fairer, up to 6 months after giving birth, then one every two receiving games up to 2 years.

The proposal has met with approval in some circles, though concern has been expressed that the scheme must be extended to those with body image issues caused by patriarchal tyranny, players receiving unfair crowd support levels, marginalised groups (obviously), and an accumulation scheme based on officially registered microaggressions over the season.

Concerns were expressed that Serena Williams might be able to assault some line judges and if questioned point out that the question rendered the challenger “literally Hitler”. On the proposed system this could even add up to her getting a four point start in every game.

However, the author of the analysis was immediately branded as “Harvey Weinstein” on social media and demands were made that any mention of the analysis be accorded “Trump” level opprobrium, which makes them obviously a literal Nazi and guilty of genocide.

This article will therefore self destruct and I will be reporting for re-education therapy. I am obviously deeply ashamed of holding such opinions and never meant to cause the offence I so clearly am and will serve a life term of making rejected apologies on social media that only prove how worse I’m making it.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 am

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:22 pm

Idiots at the BBC at it again.

The 20-time Grand Slam champion is bidding for a joint-record ninth singles title at SW19, which would see him draw level with Martina Navratilova.

Nope, Federer has the record for the highest standard event.

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Women don't earn what men do in the game because they don't play as well as the men do and attract the crowds men do.  And the Marxist BBC can whine all they like. If women want equal prize money, they must enter the men's draw.

The BBC (and other FUCKWIT leftist media) obsession with comparing men and women... and then conveniently forgetting that they don't compete against one another is tiresome.

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:56 pm

Federer has respect for navratilovas record, he will be pleased to equal it

naxroy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:39 am

naxroy wrote:its easy, women shall not be paid less for being women.
But this is not so easy.  It can mean at least two things:

1. Men and women will be paid on performance, irrespective of their gender.
2. Men and women will be paid the same.

People often talk as if 1. and 2. were equivalent.  But, at least in principle, it is far from obvious that they are.  And in certain activities - tennis being a good example - it is obvious that they are not.

And what then?  Should we go with 1. or with 2.?  Our society has been quite successfully schizophrenic about it.  We talk as if we meant 2. (e.g., a lot of talk about how men and women should make the same money in tennis) but we act much more like we do not really mean it (e.g., 100 best paid athletes in the world in 2017 were all men).

summerblues

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:22 am

naxroy wrote:Federer has respect for navratilovas record, he will be pleased to equal it
Jeez man, you need to bait your hook better than that!

bogbrush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:06 pm

I always pay my ladies same, don't know whats the deal here, equal fee for all  Laugh

Jahu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:20 pm

Laugh Laugh Laugh

luvsports!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel on Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:21 pm

Jahu wrote:I always pay my ladies same, don't know whats the deal here, equal fee for all  Laugh

Laugh

Daniel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next