Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

edberg  GOAT  davis  

Latest topics
» The End od Internet Neutrality?
Today at 6:31 pm by Tenez

» Federer taps in BBC award
Today at 6:29 pm by bogbrush

» I Have A Question
Today at 6:12 pm by noleisthebest

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Today at 5:47 pm by Tenez

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Yesterday at 7:22 am by bogbrush

» The Ultimate GOAT List
Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 pm by Tenez

» The Best Shot Of The Year!
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:59 pm by noleisthebest

» Djoko takes Stepanek on
Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:53 pm by noleisthebest

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:44 pm by noleisthebest

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Sharapova announces failed drug test

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Tenez wrote:
legendkillar wrote:There is a list on Wiki of athletes been caught and banned using Meldonium and the vast majority are Eastern European....

Clearly this mob aren't blessed with brains!

Or it confirms my very point. It was suddenly added to the list (and according to CAS and Sharapova) and not very clearly communicated to athletes.

If you think* (ref to other thread) you will realise that all points to futher bad image on Russia as a whole but also its sport and their athletes....whereas everything is in place to suffocate news on western athletes. It's obvious to me as I have no interest in taking side.

It's a bit like this Zika virus. Very old news but was brought back to the front page before and during the Brazilian Olympics and then went under the radar again once the olympics were over.

There is a real economic war going on. ...and a more physical one taking shape!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-nato-border-forces-map-where-are-they-positioned-a7562391.html
i find it hard to believe that every single positive case for meldonium is because the athlete didnt know that the drug was being banned 
just sounds like the same lame excuse you get from every athlete who fails a drugs .." im sorry i didnt know that what was doing was wrong or that it was agains the rules" 
has anyone who ever failed a drugs test ever said.." i knew the drug was banned " 
no they all try their luck and protest their innocence by claiming that they were ignorant

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by legendkillar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Veejay wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Veejay wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Veejay wrote:eugenie bouchard slams maria sharapova 
calls her a cheater and says that she shouldn't be allowed to play tennis again 

Sharapova's suspension was reduced on appeal and Bouchard, who is competing in Istanbul this week, said of the five-time Grand Slam champion: "I don't think that's right.
"She's a cheater and so to me, I don't think a cheater in any sport should be allowed to play that sport again.

"It's so unfair to all the other players who do it the right way and are true. So I just think the WTA sends the wrong message to young kids: you know, cheat and we'll welcome you back with open arms.
"So I don't think that's right. She's not someone I can say I look up to anymore because it's definitely ruined it for me a little bit."
http://www.skysports.com/tennis/news/12110/10852533/eugenie-bouchard-slams-wta-over-cheater-maria-sharapova


http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/39734771

Maria is a woman of few words
what did you think she was going to say? try to protest her innocence...lol she already admitted to taking a banned drug
she cant say much cause the players called her out and she has no defence
she deserves to feel the full wrath from other players the same way any other caught doper  and cheater would 
the only reason why i believe CAS tried to brand the whole case as an "unintentional doper" was cause they were probably under pressure from nike and IMG to do some damage control to her reputation which was left in tatters


Well it was a telling put down of Bouchard. Clearly hierarchical element in it.

I think CAS's stance is if Sharapova had read the correspondence that she would've ceased to taking Meldonium. Purely speculative I know, but given she has had no previous doping charges, at that this substance has only recently been banned I think lent a degree of sympathy to her case on CAS's behalf.

I think sponsor pressure was more to reduce her ban than the label "unintentional doper"

However, if I follow her reasoning for taking the substance I might stock up on chemo!!
but what about her condition,surely she was taking the drug because of it  Laugh  so how could she just suddenly stop taking it when she had a condition that needed to  be treated by Meldonium 
see no one even sharpova is buying that excuse anymore   Laugh
i think that labelling her case as an unintentional doper is definitely doing some damage control
whats worse, being called a doper or an unintentional doper,the first sounds guilty the later sounds more like an innocent victim 
NITB should love that phrase..its so politically correct i wonder why she isnt complaining that CAS and everyone else isnt "just say it how it is" 
maria needs to be careful what she says, verbal threats wont work with anyone
i dont think that bouchard is afraid of losing to someone she would call a drugs cheat
she could bring it up every time she loses to sharapova so maria needs to watch her mouth
besides now that maria has come back looking stronger then ever its looking even more suspicious


But isn't that the point of why the whole press conference was a dogs dinner? She didn't need to excuse herself for taking it prior to the substance being banned. Instead she tried to concoct a story about the many medical conditions she didn't have that she tried so hard preventing.

In terms of the argument Vee, one thing I asked at the very beginning was why did it take so long for WADA to ban Meldonium? The one thing I do struggle to accept is that it's taken WADA the best part of 20 years to finally ban the substance on the basis they believe it enhances performance.

I think doper used in any context sticks like mud, so I don't think much damage control was achieved.

If you are engaging a war of words with someone who failed a drugs test, you need to back it up on the court. If anything Bouchard has put huge pressure on herself should that encounter come to pass. Firing the first shot isn't as important as firing the last Winking

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:31 pm

i totally agree with LK ive been saying it all along..call a press conference to "be open and honest" all while trying to pull the wool over our eyes by telling more lies 
the press conference was bullshit,the condition was bullshit,the excuse was bullshit,the "unintentional doper" part is bullshit,the reduced ban is bullshit
the wild cards are bullshit
EVERYTHING IS BULLSHIT
unintentional doper to me sounds like some innocent victim who was forced beyond their control or against their own will to take banned substances they simply didnt want to..it definitely makes it sounds like its not her fault and that the real blame for failing the drugs test lies elsewhere 

i dont know why its taken 20 years for them to ban the drug,i would assume most of it has to do with the questions surrounding its performance enhancing abilities or lack there of.i dont bellieve that anyone thinks its a game changing drug but as you know,drugs works and affect people in different ways
it may be performance enhancing to some athletes while others may feel they get nothing out of taking it 
if we were to believe that it was banned to stitch the eastern europeans,if its not a PED then whats all the fuss about?
i find it hard to believe that all of the eastern europeans would have used the drug for medical purposes,but even if hypothetically they did banning the drug should technically have no impact if it isnt performance enhancing and could easily be substituted by just taking Ibu instead 
so why did many of them continue using meldonium if it apparently it isnt performance enhancing,they knew it was banned and they could easily substitute taking the drug with IBU 
there has to be a reason why they were taking it..its pretty obvious to me why pro athletes take drugs 

the last shot can always be fired in  press conference,all bouchard needs to say is that theres no shame in losing to a drugs cheat
that would shut everyone including maria up
i dont think that boucahrd needs to back anything up on court,in fact i think maria should tank a few matches to bouchard to avoid this escalating 
cause beating boucahard would only look like she has an unfair advantage over her which could be down to taking banned substances 
you know what they say..once a cheater always a cheater..so why should anyone believe that she is playing clean now?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:17 pm

The whole sordid Sharapova affair has tarnished her image forever in the eyes of any objective and fair minded person.

She took an unnecessary medication to boost her performance that she did not inform the authorities about for 10 years, and she made up a whole host of clearly bogus medical conditions to cover her ass.

On top of all that, after having been found guilty of a doping offense and been subjected to a ban, she comes back without any apology, any contrition or remorse. If Sharapova were a murderer she'd be a serial killer.

The girl is absolutely shameless. Instead of showing some humility she acts as if she were the victim. YOU committed a doping violation. YOU lied to cover it up and have in fact been lying for years and you expect sympathy? You try to blame others?

I'm amazed NITB, reading your posts, and how you like to moralise and lament the degradation of society and speak of it's ills, that you can have the gall to defend this odious creature who has shown no moral fortitude whatsoever during this whole sordid affair. She is an amoral and brazen cheat. It's pathetic that the tennis establishment is welcoming her back with open arms - except of the players who understand exactly how it went down.

The wider issue of doping control and the targeting or not of certain nationalities is a discussion in it's own right, however, viewpoints in that regard should not obscure the clear and blatant violations of Sharapova.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Even worst that PED did not help her win anything, did it? 

Russian cheaters Unite!!!

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Jahu wrote:Even worst that PED did not help her win anything, did it? 

Russian cheaters Unite!!!
brutal eh?? 
i recall everyone on twitter .."so she doped and still lost 17 straight times to serena"  Laugh

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:38 pm

Exactly, and while Serena is getting impregnated and racking GS'es like milk shakes, this cheater has face to ask for a wild card and abuses young boys like Dimi  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:40 pm

TMF wrote:The whole sordid Sharapova affair has tarnished her image forever in the eyes of any objective and fair minded person.

She took an unnecessary medication to boost her performance that she did not inform the authorities about for 10 years, and she made up a whole host of clearly bogus medical conditions to cover her ass.

On top of all that, after having been found guilty of a doping offense and been subjected to a ban, she comes back without any apology, any contrition or remorse. If Sharapova were a murderer she'd be a serial killer.

The girl is absolutely shameless. Instead of showing some humility she acts as if she were the victim. YOU committed a doping violation. YOU lied to cover it up and have in fact been lying for years and you expect sympathy? You try to blame others?

I'm amazed NITB, reading your posts, and how you like to moralise and lament the degradation of society and speak of it's ills, that you can have the gall to defend this odious creature who has shown no moral fortitude whatsoever during this whole sordid affair. She is an amoral and brazen cheat. It's pathetic that the tennis establishment is welcoming her back with open arms - except of the players who understand exactly how it went down.

The wider issue of doping control and the targeting or not of certain nationalities is a discussion in it's own right, however, viewpoints in that regard should not obscure the clear and blatant violations of Sharapova.
  Applause Applause Applause
absolutely right TMF,no remorse,no feelings of letting her fans down or disappointing anyone who supported or believed in her
did she even apologise in her fake press conference cause all i remember were a load of lies told 
i recall how tiger woods called a press conference to apologise for his infidelity,he didnt even owe anyone except his wife an apology..

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Jahu wrote:Exactly, and while Serena is getting impregnated and racking GS'es like milk shakes, this cheater has face to ask for a wild card and abuses young boys like Dimi  Laugh
are you wishing that it was you who was being abused jahu?  Laugh
god i wouldnt touch such cold arrogant sour puss like that with a 10 ft pole!!

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 pm

I'd touch her with 10 inches, 10 ft pole would go through her  Laugh

No love affair with her, but I'd chain her for the radiator for a weekend on some mountain cabin for some human endurance and degrading tests.

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Jahu wrote:I'd touch her with 10 inches, 10 ft pole would go through her  Laugh

No love affair with her, but I'd chain her for the radiator for a weekend on some mountain cabin for some human endurance and degrading tests.
aren't you afraid of what you'd discover?  Laugh

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 pm

Who cares, in 9 months she can call Serena for some baby advice, somehow LK is turning me OFF this parenting thing, but I'm resisting  Laugh Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:56 pm

Now only in this forum does a serious Global PED problem turns into sex and pregnancies, best forum ever  Big Grin

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Jahu wrote:Now only in this forum does a serious Global PED problem turns into sex and pregnancies, best forum ever  Big Grin
absolutely youd get banned somewhere else or have the mods on your every word

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Yeah this is good, mod-less self-administrating forum.

Now if only Le Pen could win and it would be all good  Laugh

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

TMF wrote:The whole sordid Sharapova affair has tarnished her image forever in the eyes of any objective and fair minded person.

She took an unnecessary medication to boost her performance that she did not inform the authorities about for 10 years, and she made up a whole host of clearly bogus medical conditions to cover her ass.
Proof?

TMF wrote:On top of all that, after having been found guilty of a doping offense and been subjected to a ban, she comes back without any apology, any contrition or remorse. If Sharapova were a murderer she'd be a serial killer.

The girl is absolutely shameless. Instead of showing some humility she acts as if she were the victim. YOU committed a doping violation. YOU lied to cover it up and have in fact been lying for years and you expect sympathy? You try to blame others?

I'm amazed NITB, reading your posts, and how you like to moralise and lament the degradation of society and speak of it's ills, that you can have the gall to defend this odious creature who has shown no moral fortitude whatsoever during this whole sordid affair. She is an amoral and brazen cheat. It's pathetic that the tennis establishment is welcoming her back with open arms

Don't know where you get the idea I like to moralise.

I am not emotionally involved in this case and don't use strong language like you and vee (odious creature, serial killer, amoral and brazen cheat, shameless etc....)

I see this as a political issue.

You can't so...it's difficult to go amywhere further with this.


noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:40 pm

but how can this be a political case if she was informed that the drug was being banned?
why cant you and tenez answer that? 
as slippy also pointed out,this bending over backwards to accommodate her,having her ban reduced to only 15 months, use political correct phrases like calling this case an "unintentional doper"  and then offering her wild cards into tournaments when her ban isnt even up makes your notion that this is a political case look completely ludicrous

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Jahu wrote:Yeah this is good, mod-less self-administrating forum.

Now if only Le Pen could win and it would be all good  Laugh
you may just get what youre wishing for,i see that they are saying that the gap is narrowing

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 pm

For Russians and their Serbian fans, everything is political, i.e world has a problem with them, and not them with themselves.

Political, what political factor is Sharapova for ffs, she is no one in tennis, not been a factor in Tennis for 10 years, just a poster girls for marketing, and if Political, who has gained from this political issue? No one. World is still as it was.

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 pm

Veejay wrote:
Jahu wrote:Yeah this is good, mod-less self-administrating forum.

Now if only Le Pen could win and it would be all good  Laugh
you may just get what youre wishing for,i see that they are saying that the gap is narrowing

She will not don't worry. But Russia and her slave countries hope she wins to fuck up Europe.

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Jahu wrote:For Russians and their Serbian fans, everything is political, i.e world has a problem with them, and not them with themselves.

Political, what political factor is Sharapova for ffs, she is no one in tennis, not been a factor in Tennis for 10 years, just a poster girls for marketing, and if Political, who has gained from this political issue? No one. World is still as it was.
now thats what i would call "saying it how it is"

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Veejay wrote:but how can this be a political case if she was informed that the drug was being banned?
why cant you and tenez answer that? 
as slippy also pointed out,this bending over backwards to accommodate her,having her ban reduced to only 15 months, use political correct phrases like calling this case an "unintentional doper"  and then offering her wild cards into tournaments when her ban isnt even up makes your notion that this is a political case look completely ludicrous

I think you're banging your head against a brick wall.

I really can't understand people who have no flexibility in their opinions. It's ironic that posters talk about 'a thinking forum' and then are completely intransigent in all of their views. Does it become a point of pride to stick to your guns when even a cursory look at the facts would show your view point to be incorrect. Is it arrogance? Bizarre.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 pm

TMF wrote:
Veejay wrote:but how can this be a political case if she was informed that the drug was being banned?
why cant you and tenez answer that? 
as slippy also pointed out,this bending over backwards to accommodate her,having her ban reduced to only 15 months, use political correct phrases like calling this case an "unintentional doper"  and then offering her wild cards into tournaments when her ban isnt even up makes your notion that this is a political case look completely ludicrous

I think you're banging your head against a brick wall.

I really can't understand people who have no flexibility in their opinions. It's ironic that posters talk about 'a thinking forum' and then are completely intransigent in all of their views. Does it become a point of pride to stick to your guns when even a cursory look at the facts would show your view point to be incorrect. Is it arrogance? Bizarre.
i think that you hit the nail on there head there TMF
if there was any credibility to their point of view,they would be able to answer any and all questions about this case rather then avoid answering them

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:05 pm

no glory for sharapova or proche at stuttgard  
what was the point of all that fuss bending over backwards to accommodate her for this tournament...
eugene bouchard looks like she could have the last laugh on the court and in the press conference

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Jahu on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Good to see this cheat lose, after wining first set I was scared she would win, and would be an embarrassment for tennis.

Jahu

Posts : 2051
Join date : 2016-02-23
Location : Egg am Faaker See

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:05 am

it definitely wouldnt have looked good had she came back from a doping ban to win a tournament 
it just makes me wonder,does she really generate that much revenue and profit for the brands that she endorses,i mean what did porche get out of pulling strings to give her a wild card just to get her back into competition 
did losing yesterday really boost car sales?
shes been around for ages and can hardly be called an all time great of the game only ever winning tournaments when the draw opens up for her and now that shes been proven to be a liar and a cheat..
it just all seems so desperate  erm

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by legendkillar on Wed May 03, 2017 8:46 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/39785177

A very fair assessment of things.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Wed May 03, 2017 1:54 pm

i could definitely see the all england club bending over backwards to accommodate sharapova especially seeing that williams is out pregnant but im not sure what will happen at RG
i would like to think that even though she may be a former champion there that they would expect her to qualify properly to compete at the event
if she is given a wild card to both events i hope that we see more complaints from the players,cause if no one speaks out who is going to hold the ITF accountable? the media certainly dont seem to be up for it
if it does happen then it will just be further proof that this case has nothing to do with politics
bouchard has every right to voice her opinion on the matter,we arent in kindergarden here,its your responsibility as a PROFESSIONAL  athlete to know whether the drugs you are taking (for whatever reasons) is banned or legal
that is what being professional in anything is all about,no one has to mollycoddle you like an infant 
if you arent sure,all you need to do is simply go online and check,it wont take more then 10 mins 
so there simply is no excuse to claim that you had no idea and any athlete who fails the drugs test while claiming ignorance should face the full wrath of the doping legal system
i dont know who sharapova thinks she is,everyone else is notified which drugs are being banned the exact same way but she expects to be informed personally?? excuse me your highness!!
no wonder everyone is bending over backwards for her

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Slippy on Thu May 04, 2017 10:03 am

I'm surprised you think the AELTC is more likely to grant a wildcard Veejay. Wimbledon needs Sharapova a lot less than RG would do and the Brits are generally pretty harsh on players convicted of drugs violations. I'd expect her to get one for RG but I'd say her prospects are much lower for Wimbledon.

Love Andy's comments by the way. Maria will surely he pushing for direct entry to the main draw and his response is all about a qualifying wildcard. He makes it sound like a direct entry just isn't an option.

Slippy

Posts : 206
Join date : 2016-10-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Thu May 04, 2017 11:56 am

Slippy wrote:I'm surprised you think the AELTC is more likely to grant a wildcard Veejay. Wimbledon needs Sharapova a lot less than RG would do and the Brits are generally pretty harsh on players convicted of drugs violations. I'd expect her to get one for RG but I'd say her prospects are much lower for Wimbledon.

Love Andy's comments by the way. Maria will surely he pushing for direct entry to the main draw and his response is all about a qualifying wildcard. He makes it sound like a direct entry just isn't an option.
It's quite amusing to see those comments by Murray and Murray's fans when you know Andy is the most physical players out there, having won all his WTF matches thanks to extending the 25s rule on every point (that's still cheating to me) and outdone all his opponents physically. Murray is essentially a retriever but bizarely a retriever with the build of a rugbyman.

There is a discussion in athletics going on about rewriting all records as they believe they are all suspicious. SO they clearly know PED are almost undetectable and Murray is to me the proof of it. Someone who was far from fit when came on stage but became world number 1 by outfitting them all.

Just a joke.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu May 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Slippy wrote:I'm surprised you think the AELTC is more likely to grant a wildcard Veejay. Wimbledon needs Sharapova a lot less than RG would do and the Brits are generally pretty harsh on players convicted of drugs violations. I'd expect her to get one for RG but I'd say her prospects are much lower for Wimbledon.

Love Andy's comments by the way. Maria will surely he pushing for direct entry to the main draw and his response is all about a qualifying wildcard. He makes it sound like a direct entry just isn't an option.
the reason why i think that is because wimbledon reserves the right to seed players as they wish
i also always get the feeling that its a tournament with a hierarchy among players and members of the board of directors 
the establishment reeks of bias more then any other tournament,not all players are equal,you have to "know your place" there and that they definitely cater more to the players they favour 
there isnt a player that could be favoured more by the wimbledon establishment then sharapova so i would be very very very surprised if they didnt give a wild card into the main draw

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by legendkillar on Thu May 04, 2017 4:29 pm

Don't see the AELTC bending over for Sharapova. Think their main motivation like RG to grant her a wildcard would be on the back of her being a former champion. They've had history of awarding wildcards to former champions languishing in the rankings. Almost like it's an obligation.

I agree with Murray's view that there is something admirable in being able to play your way back up the rankings. Was wise advice. Would also go a long way in helping Sharapova out on the PR side from the perspective she took her licks and got on with it.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu May 04, 2017 4:51 pm

the last time sharapova won wimbledon was 13 years go,a wild card to me would look far more like bending backwards to accommodate sharapova rather then rewarding her one on the back of being a former champion 
she won RG recently so a wild card there on the back of being a former champion would look a little more legitimate
its not just admirable to work your way back up the ranking,it should be mandatory especially for an athlete returning to tour from a doping ban
so has RG offered sharapova a wild card?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Thu May 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Vee, 
accept it, people like Sharapova and want to watch her.
Organisers and TDs know who is doping, they don't need "proof"...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu May 04, 2017 5:46 pm

... wrote:Vee, 
accept it, people like Sharapova and want to watch her.
Organisers and TDs know who is doping, they don't need "proof"...
i dont have to accept anything,least of all when you tell me to 
we are just discussing this subject..thats what the forum is all about
im sorry if you cant handle anyone criticising sharapova or your  russian brothers and sisters but no one is forcing you to part take in this discussion or for you to read my opinion
you do that out of your own choice 
this is about the reputation of tennis...
im sure you would have a massive problem and understand the point if serena were to be given wild cards into tournaments coming back from a doping ban 
would you not think that would be unfair to sharapova,the other russians and send out the wrong message?

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by noleisthebest on Thu May 04, 2017 6:42 pm

Serena IS a doper, and a much bigger one than Sharapova...and as such she gets a virtual wild card with number one seeding every tournament.

But you refuse to see it.

You often quote THASP, I've never been there, but I am assuming they must have quite a few articles on Williams sisters (as well as  Nadal etc).

You wrongly think I support Sharapova.
I don't and never have.

I just despise Western bias towards them (Russians)
Their hypocricy stinks to high heaven.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25148
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 pm

... wrote:Serena IS a doper, and a much bigger one than Sharapova...and as such she gets a virtual wild card with number one seeding every tournament.

But you refuse to see it.

You often quote THASP, I've never been there, but I am assuming they must have quite a few articles on Williams sisters (as well as  Nadal etc).

You wrongly think I support Sharapova.
I don't and never have.

I just despise Western bias towards them (Russians)
Their hypocricy stinks to high heaven.
how many times have i said that i believe that at least in some point of her career she has used PED's
how many times have i said that if i have evidence of anyone using banned substances,i wouldnt think twice of exposing them cause no player is bigger then the game for me
how many times have i said that its pointless to point fingers because  i believe that they all use drugs,whether it be banned or legal as i dont believe that anyone competes on pure adrenaline alone
how many times have i said all of the above and every time you come back saying " i refuse to see it" 
you cannot discuss or treat a suspicious case the same way you would a case  where the is a failed drugs test and the athletes has been found guilty  i.e sharapova 
what more can i say about serena???? is there a failed drugs test to discuss? has there been a case where she has been found guilty by CAS? no there is no case to discuss..so what more can i say or add or discuss? nothing..there is no case to discuss!!
it just remains speculation until its proven as fact
what about federer and the rumours about him using EPO when he had mono or that many people are thinking his return to tour is a little too good to be true...i dont see anyone here wanting to discuss that
had this been rafael nadal who came back from injury to win the games biggest titles,im sure many here would find it very suspicious
but with you theres only suspicions surrounding serena eh?
this is what annoys me the most about this,i once asked you about novak djokovic and you as a fan admitted that you believe that he could be using banned substances
once you said that,it ended there...do you see me bring novak up every time we discuss doping in sport?
do you see me nagging and moaning at you every time asking you why you dont point the finger at novak?
why dont you call him the biggest doper in the sport? why dont you condemn him cheating his way to the sports biggest titles and gets wild cards to tournaments through the ranking?
do you see me continually asking you this every day?  
no! youve already admitted to it once and there is no case to discuss 
he hasnt publicly failed a drugs tests nor has he been found guilty of doping by CAS,there are no facts to only speculation,there isnt a case for us to discuss 
what more can you say about speculation apart from the fact that you are speculating?? nothing!
so why do you keep doing the same thing with me and serena
every time we talk about this subject you bring serena into the mix and question me...how many times do i have to repeat myself? there is no case to discuss 
with sharapova there is a case to discuss...can you not understand that?
i continually use serena as an example because you simply cannot see the double standard while we are discussing sharapova 
if you dont support sharapova,why havent you after 9 pages of discussion point the finger at her the same way you continually do serena? 
after 9 pages of comments,all you have done is try to defend sharapova,who has failed a drugs test tried to lie her way out of failing a drugs test and who has been found guilty by CAS of using a banned substance,while nagging and complaining about serena who hasnt failed a drugs that we know of and that hasnt been found guilty of doping by CAS
all you ever do is show your bias by pointing the finger one way when the finger can be pointed everywhere 

so let me ask you this question again
giving an athlete who has returned to tour from a doping ban wild cards into tournament 
does that send out the right message?
is that good for the reputation of he sport?

its a simple question and its a simple yes or no answer

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Thu May 04, 2017 7:36 pm

... wrote:Serena IS a doper, and a much bigger one than Sharapova...and as such she gets a virtual wild card with number one seeding every tournament.

But you refuse to see it.

You often quote THASP, I've never been there, but I am assuming they must have quite a few articles on Williams sisters (as well as  Nadal etc).

You wrongly think I support Sharapova.
I don't and never have.

I just despise Western bias towards them (Russians)
Their hypocricy stinks to high heaven.

Sharapova failed a drug test and is a proven drug cheat - you have no evidence of Serena doping - just speculation. Quite frankly it's not like she needs meldonium or anything else that improves your stamina. She generally blasts them off court in an hour using her multitude of weapons. She is much better than the rest especially Sharapova.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Thu May 04, 2017 7:43 pm

Tenez wrote:
Slippy wrote:I'm surprised you think the AELTC is more likely to grant a wildcard Veejay. Wimbledon needs Sharapova a lot less than RG would do and the Brits are generally pretty harsh on players convicted of drugs violations. I'd expect her to get one for RG but I'd say her prospects are much lower for Wimbledon.

Love Andy's comments by the way. Maria will surely he pushing for direct entry to the main draw and his response is all about a qualifying wildcard. He makes it sound like a direct entry just isn't an option.
It's quite amusing to see those comments by Murray and Murray's fans when you know Andy is the most physical players out there, having won all his WTF matches thanks to extending the 25s rule on every point (that's still cheating to me) and outdone all his opponents physically. Murray is essentially a retriever but bizarely a retriever with the build of a rugbyman.

There is a discussion in athletics going on about rewriting all records as they believe they are all suspicious. SO they clearly know PED are almost undetectable and Murray is to me the proof of it. Someone who was far from fit when came on stage but became world number 1 by outfitting them all.

Just a joke.


What a non sequitur post. Murray works extremely hard and doesn't hide the fact that a significant portion of his training is around endurance and getting fitter. I've always felt that Murray was quite good in keeping to the time rule between points - I could be wrong - but I didn't have him down as a serial offender.

Other than the fact that he extremely fit you have zero evidence that he dopes. As for outlasting opponents - I've never seen him outlast Djokovic or Nadal or even Federer for that matter (except possibly OZ 2013 when Fed looked a little tired in fifth set). I remember Murray looking quite tired in the W 12 final against Federer.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Thu May 04, 2017 7:54 pm

Based purely on tentative speculation Federer would be a prime candidate for doping. Had Mono (signature doper's illness), takes 6 months off (if that was Nadal people would say he's cycling), comes back and outlasts beats 3 top ten opponents - 2 of them over 5 sets -  and outlasts Nadal also over 5 sets, all done whilst carrying a groin injury - or so he tells us - and at the grand old age of 35.

Sounds like the perfect doper Winking

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by legendkillar on Fri May 05, 2017 8:32 am

TMF wrote:Based purely on tentative speculation Federer would be a prime candidate for doping. Had Mono (signature doper's illness), takes 6 months off (if that was Nadal people would say he's cycling), comes back and outlasts beats 3 top ten opponents - 2 of them over 5 sets -  and outlasts Nadal also over 5 sets, all done whilst carrying a groin injury - or so he tells us - and at the grand old age of 35.

Sounds like the perfect doper Winking

Cue pitch forks and torches! Winking

Well such a rumour was doing the rounds in 2008. Many of his fanatics would've had you believed you crapped in their garden for suggesting such a thing.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Fri May 05, 2017 1:44 pm

TMF wrote:
... wrote:Serena IS a doper, and a much bigger one than Sharapova...and as such she gets a virtual wild card with number one seeding every tournament.

But you refuse to see it.

You often quote THASP, I've never been there, but I am assuming they must have quite a few articles on Williams sisters (as well as  Nadal etc).

You wrongly think I support Sharapova.
I don't and never have.

I just despise Western bias towards them (Russians)
Their hypocricy stinks to high heaven.

Sharapova failed a drug test and is a proven drug cheat - you have no evidence of Serena doping - just speculation. Quite frankly it's not like she needs meldonium or anything else that improves your stamina. She generally blasts them off court in an hour using her multitude of weapons. She is much better than the rest especially Sharapova.

the constant harping on about serena has made me wonder how some would have reacted if this situation were reversed and it was serena who failed a drugs test and tested positive for meldonium
would some really be saying that serena failed a drugs test because she is black and because of all the bad publicity donald trump has been getting in the media
that banning meldonium,is one big conspiracy and was done on purpose to catch black athletes ( even though they would have been informed that the drug was being banned) 
would anyone even be questioning if meldonium was performance enhancing,or would that just suddenly be an automatic fact? 
that serena failing a drugs test had nothing to do with taking a banned substance but rather that she was being singled out because she is black and that the whole scandal is racist/race related
would no one be asking why she was using a banned substance when she could have easily replaced it by using Ibu
would no one here have a problem with the reasons why she claimed she was using the drug when there are massive flaws and inconsistencies in her reason
would no one really have a problem with her lying about the reasons why she was using the drug or that she fabricated a condition that never even existed? 
would we still be defending her after she tried to lie her way out of failing a drugs test? 
would no one have a problem with her ban being reduced and branded with a politically correct term such as "unintentional doper" making it sound like she was some kind of victim who was forced to take a banned substance against her own will
would no one have a problem with her demand for special treatment,that she should be informed personally if a drug is being banned 
would no one have a problem with her being awarded wild cards into tournaments rather then work her way back up the ranking?
i find it hard to believe that serena would have even gotten an ounce of the sympathy that sharapova has,and there would probably have been calls for her to be stripped of all her titles 
im sure this is what we would get here if it was serena rather then sharapova :
"its your career on the line,if you took medication you took it intentionally knowing that you would be tested
its your responsibility to know whetehr the drugs youre taking is banned or legal so theres no excuse for not knowing"
but instead we have some agreeing that more should have been done to make sharapova aware that the drug was being banned and that she deserved special treatment and should be told personally 

everyone here should think about that..

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Emancipator on Fri May 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Exactly veejay. Had it been Serena she would have been thrown to the wolves and we'd have so many people coming out and saying 'I told you so'. She'd never have received the virtual pass that Sharapova has got from the press.

Emancipator

Posts : 579
Join date : 2013-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sat May 06, 2017 11:14 am

TMF wrote:What a non sequitur post. Murray works extremely hard and doesn't hide the fact that a significant portion of his training is around endurance and getting fitter. I've always felt that Murray was quite good in keeping to the time rule between points - I could be wrong - but I didn't have him down as a serial offender.
always the same rhetoric. As if everybody else where just having fun and relaxing. He si a serial offender, more so now that he relies on his fitness more than ever. And that is the typical trend with those 3 players who are always the fittest at teh end of slams.

Other than the fact that he extremely fit you have zero evidence that he dopes. As for outlasting opponents - I've never seen him outlast Djokovic or Nadal or even Federer for that matter (except possibly OZ 2013 when Fed looked a little tired in fifth set). I remember Murray looking quite tired in the W 12 final against Federer.
Well yes built as he is he shoudl never be close to outlast Nadal and Djoko. Yet...he is pretty close. Considering he is much heavier than both, he is in a way the most suspicious. Outlasting a tiny ferrer when you are twice his weight that's unthinkable in physiologic terms. It's a bit like Bolt being able to outlast marathonians.

And yes. I do not have any smoking gun. But I don't need them. All the flashing lights are there and make a very neat picture to me. As clear as lance's.

But Murray's doping is not my concern here as they probably all dope. It's the fact he and his fans are either hypocrites or credulous (at best) which I find comical.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Tenez on Sat May 06, 2017 11:16 am

TMF wrote:Based purely on tentative speculation Federer would be a prime candidate for doping. Had Mono (signature doper's illness), takes 6 months off (if that was Nadal people would say he's cycling), comes back and outlasts beats 3 top ten opponents - 2 of them over 5 sets -  and outlasts Nadal also over 5 sets, all done whilst carrying a groin injury - or so he tells us - and at the grand old age of 35.

Sounds like the perfect doper Winking

Doping or not doping, Federer brings something on court that no drug can bring. Murray, like Djoko and Nadal only bring what drugs allow them to.

Tenez

Posts : 17437
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sat May 06, 2017 2:16 pm

you could say the same thing about serena, doping or no doping,she brings something to the court that no drugs can give you,shes easily one the fiercest competitors the game has ever seen,certianly the fiercest on the womans side 
in my opinion the true definition of a doper is when someone is relying on the drugs to achieve a certain level they simply arent capable of otherwise 
i think that everyone can see that rogers game is not built around needing PED's but i could definitely see him using things like recovery packs to help recover after long tough matches
this is why im not so bothered by maria failing a drugs test for meldonium as much as i am seeing her lie her way out of failing a drugs test and the whole way everything payed out

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Sat May 06, 2017 2:18 pm

[size=39]Federer reveals biggest reason for stunning resurgence[/size]
Roger Federer looked a shadow of his former self as his 2016 was plagued by injuries, but the Swiss great is back and better than ever.
Federer missed the entire second half of the season last year, undergoing knee surgery after also struggling with a back injury.
But the 35-year-old is off to an incredible 19-1 start in 2017 on the back of victory at the Australian Open, as well as titles at Indian Wells and the Miami Open.

Federer lifts the Australian Open trophy. Image: Getty

And the 18-time grand slam champion has now revealed the biggest reason for his resurgence.
"I got really rejuvenated and fresh and ready, and excited to come back on tour again," Federer said.
"And I was finally able to speak differently to the press and everybody, and just tell everybody how little expectations I really have.

"Because for the last 15 years I always said, more or less, 'I want to win the next tournament I enter,' because that was reality.
"Because of this injury, it sort of reset everything, and it was a beautiful thing."
Federer recently ended speculation about his participation in this year's French Open, confirming he will play.

After defeating John Isner in an exhibition match in Seattle for his charity foundation, Federer told the Tennis Channel he plans to play at Roland Garros for the first time since 2015.
"I am registered and my intention is to play Roland Garros," the 18-time Grand Slam champion said in a post-match interview.
WOODBRIDGE: Why Federer has French Open edge over Nadal
FAN FAVOURITE: Federer melts hearts with sweet Mirka tweet
The World No.4 made a quarter-final exit at the 2015 French Open but missed last year's event.
His lone title on the red clay in Paris came in 2009.

"I feel very privileged to be back on a tennis court," Federer told the network.
"Last year was extremely difficult, having had surgery and the knee never healing. Then I had back pain too, and it all got too much at Wimbledon and I was out for six months.
"But I was able to spend some incredible time with the family and start preparing for this season and hoping that the work that I put in the off season was going to really pay off.
"I was going to get a second chance to really play tennis again on the professional tour and so when I did come back in Australia was really exciting."
https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/tennis/a/35324873/roger-federer-reveals-biggest-reason-for-his-resurgence/

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Veejay on Mon May 08, 2017 10:15 pm

@ LK loud mouthed smug sour puss sharapova's "we'll see" threat amounts to nothing in madrid  Laugh
doesnt look like she took my advice cause she threw everything she had at bouchard and still lost
its looking more and more to me like she desperately needs to go back on meldonium again,suggesting further more that its every bit a PED for her as i suspected

Veejay

Posts : 3377
Join date : 2012-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by legendkillar on Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am

Indeed Vee. Don't mind being proven wrong last night. Been a while since I saw an emotionally charged match with the crowd invested. Such a shame such rivalries are missing in the sport.

What I will say is if Bouchard played every match like that she'd be back in the top 10 in no time at all. Challenge now is backing that result up.

legendkillar

Posts : 1945
Join date : 2012-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by bogbrush on Tue May 09, 2017 8:25 am

I saw a bit of it. Boy, was it low standard tennis.

It would have been far better had they settled their differences in the traditional way; mud wrestling.

bogbrush

Posts : 1376
Join date : 2015-03-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sharapova announces failed drug test

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum