Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The left is eating itself apart...
Yesterday at 10:25 pm by Daniel

» How strong is Nadal mentally?
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Tenez

» 10 Years Ago...
Yesterday at 9:47 pm by Tenez

» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Yesterday at 10:19 am by legendkillar

» US OPEN 2017
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:38 pm by Daniel

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:53 pm by Jahu

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:59 am

I am not sure this is the reason he lost....but that's possibly the reason he lost that badly...though frankly I did not notice much in teh clip I watched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35482027

Missing Rotterdham and Dubai!


Last edited by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:02 am

Noooooooo! Wah

Where did you read it?
You know that clip of him and Dimi watching Sharapova's match?
I noticed it but didn't want to comment at the time...watch when he gets up from the chair he holds his back, and when he sits back on the chair he sits on his side...classic backache syndrom.

He must have overtrained his body in the off-season.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Autumnleaf on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:03 am

He injured himself the "day after the SF"? That's suspicious.

And who says tennis holds no surprises? There's Rafael Nadal, the man with the "shot knees" - zero knee surgeries. And now there's Roger Federer, always healthy, right? So lucky, right? Got a knee surgery now. Somewhere a cruel god smiles at the irony.


Last edited by Autumnleaf on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total

Autumnleaf

Posts : 624
Join date : 2014-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:25 am

noleisthebest wrote:Noooooooo! Wah

Where did you read it?
You know that clip of him and Dimi watching Sharapova's match?
I noticed it but didn't want to comment at the time...watch when he gets up from the chair he holds his back, and when he sits back on the chair he sits on his side...classic backache syndrom.

He must have overtrained his body in the off-season.

It's the knee NITB! Winking

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:26 am

Autumnleaf wrote:He injured himself the "day after the SF"? That's suspicious.

And who says tennis holds no surprises? There's Rafael Nadal, the man with the "shot knees" - zero knee surgeries. And now there's Roger Federer, always healthy, right? So lucky, right? Got a knee surgery now.

Yes. Typical of federer saying this to take away excuses. Though I must say he ran pretty well in that 3rd set.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:31 am

A torn meniscus as it says is wear and tear so...can't see this been done the day after but more the result of years of play.

Lendl had it done too when he was about the same age. Already back then Lendl walked off the surgery and was not affected by it.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:41 am

From his Facebook post:

"I want to inform you that yesterday I underwent arthroscopic surgery on my knee. I injured my knee the day after the semi-finals in Australia. After getting tests done when I returned home, it was determined that I had torn my meniscus. I apologize to my friends in Rotterdam and Dubai, as I was very much looking forward to playing those events. While this is an unfortunate setback, I am encouraged and grateful that my doctor said the procedure was a success. I am looking forward to attacking the rehabilitation process this afternoon with my team and working hard to get back out on tour as soon as possible. Thanks for all your incredible support. I will check in with all of you soon."

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2768
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:49 am

Tenez wrote:I am not sure this is the reason he lost....but that's possibly the reason he lost that badly...though frankly I did not notice much in teh clip I watched.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/35482027

Missing Rotterdham and Dubai!

No no.. He must have lost because he was tired..  Cool

He is always tired as you know.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2768
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Autumnleaf on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:53 am

Tenez wrote:Yes. Typical of federer saying this to take away excuses. Though I must say he ran pretty well in that 3rd set.

This is true, but the movement in the first two sets was terrible. Looked like frozen at times. I thought it was maybe nerves and screamed at the TV "move". Big Grin

Autumnleaf

Posts : 624
Join date : 2014-05-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:59 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Noooooooo! Wah

Where did you read it?
You know that clip of him and Dimi watching Sharapova's match?
I noticed it but didn't want to comment at the time...watch when he gets up from the chair he holds his back, and when he sits back on the chair he sits on his side...classic backache syndrom.

He must have overtrained his body in the off-season.

It's the knee NITB! Winking
Well...I did make my comment BEFORE you added the link to your OP. Blush

But, nonetheless, my comment stands.
I just hope this is not the fast beginning of the end. Every year now fitness spirals down exponentially...such a shame.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:02 pm

But!

Why not have some proper rest before possibly the last the big push & all the big tournaments this year.
If anyone needs it it's him.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:28 pm

In theory this op shhould not prevent him from playing much. I think he is using this to get some real rest as he has done in the past in that period.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by truffin1 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Like a disc herniation- the wheels were set in motion for this injury a long time ago. If it actually didn't tear at the match, certainly something in the match took it to the very brink and the next day it went.

I think confidence in his movement will be the real issue for awhile and possibly a slight loss of his explosive cutting ability.  I can't see him getting to 100% of what he was capable of prior to the injury. 

It may be havoc on his rank, but he should sit out until grass season. That's the real shot for him anyway.  Certainly grinding at IW or on Clay is not what he needs at this point.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Disc herniation is real trouble that can never be completely fixed like "new", though Fed 's been awesome the way he came back after 2013.

The knee op will be a relief for him and a very welcome rest.

I hope he skips the whole American sandpit if he can and come back to tennis in Europe.
Maybe start on some small clay tournament.

Anyway...at least he's still "with us"!!!

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by truffin1 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:07 pm

Compare the way this went down- (injury and immediate surgery) to Nadals fake patella tear after Wimbledon a few years ago.  The one where 3 days after the supposed injury, paparazzi photographed him frolicking on a yacht in the mediterranion - doing things no human being can do with a torn patella-  all with a smile on his face.  That one still gets me because it was so obvious a fraud to anyone that cared to have a bit of knowledge of patella tears. 

It's like the guy claiming injury insurance for a bad back and neck after an accident and the private invenstigator takes pictures of him on a roller coaster!

Back to Fed- no surgery- minor or not is a good thing at this point in his career.  It leads to further things if he compensates at all for the knee, and once these things go- it's usually a domino effect.  It's not the death nail by any means, but he'd take no injury/no surgery over this scenario 100 times out of 100.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Daniel on Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Nadal is a twat and I feel nothing but glee every time he loses.

Daniel

Posts : 2857
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by gallery play on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:32 am

Let's just hope he'll be fit for Rio. That's the last and realistic chance to win something big. I guess a golden medal in the singles would mean as much to him as winning another Slam wim. Or at least almost as much.

I read the court in Rio helps a bit  for that ultimate goal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Tennis_Center_%28Rio_de_Janeiro%29

Personally it's the only thing i'm looking forward too this season. The absence of competition at the top and Djoko's style of domination is killing it for me.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:20 pm

Why is rio the last and realistic chance compared to Wimbledon and us open around the same time? He's playing fhe same field at all three. It seems if it's realistic to win the Olympic tournament, it would be just as realistic to win the others. Olympics layout isn't much difference even though most matches are best of three as he's playing possibly doubles and mixed for sure.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by gallery play on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:03 pm

truffin1 wrote:Why is rio the last and realistic chance compared to Wimbledon and us open around the same time?  He's playing fhe same field at all three.  It seems if it's realistic to win the Olympic tournament, it would be just as realistic to win the others.   Olympics layout isn't much difference even though most matches are best of three as he's playing possibly doubles and mixed for sure.
Obviously because it's  a bo3 format (bar the final). I expect we'll get to see a vulnerable Federer in Bo5 this year.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:22 pm

gallery play wrote:
truffin1 wrote:Why is rio the last and realistic chance compared to Wimbledon and us open around the same time?  He's playing fhe same field at all three.  It seems if it's realistic to win the Olympic tournament, it would be just as realistic to win the others.   Olympics layout isn't much difference even though most matches are best of three as he's playing possibly doubles and mixed for sure.
Obviously because it's  a bo3 format (bar the final). I expect we'll get to see a vulnerable Federer in Bo5 this year.

Yes, but the final is best of 5 and if he faces djoko- same issues as any major arise.    Best of 3 in the earlier rounds doesn't give him much help IMO- he's gone into the past 3 slam finals extremely fresh and it didn't help.   On top of that he's playing doubles and mixed which means a match or even two every day.  Not that they require great exertion, but prob it all adds up to a typical Slam type exertion.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by truffin1 on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:26 pm

So the insider word is Fed felt some minor pain during end of 3rd and into 4th set against Djoko but didn't think it a real issue.  Next day while getting ready to leave for airport, picked up one of his kids and it gave way.   The thought of course is probably on the brink of tearing or microtore during the match and just happened to fully tear next day.     The official story is probably going to be it happened while getting ready with luggage,etc so as to not bring his kids into it.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:18 am

gallery play wrote:Let's just hope he'll be fit for Rio. That's the last and realistic chance to win something big. I guess a golden medal in the singles would mean as much to him as winning another Slam wim. Or at least almost as much.

I read the court in Rio helps a bit  for that ultimate goal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Tennis_Center_%28Rio_de_Janeiro%29

Personally it's the only thing i'm looking forward too this season. The absence of competition at the top and Djoko's style of domination is killing it for me.

Stay tuned.....you will be pleasantly surprised.....no different than when we sadly got surprised that Nadal got the better of Federer..and no different than when the Nadal fans thoughts they were going to have an unstoppable player winning everything and then Djoko came and stopped him in his tracks .

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:21 am

truffin1 wrote:So the insider word is Fed felt some minor pain during end of 3rd and into 4th set against Djoko but didn't think it a real issue.  Next day while getting ready to leave for airport, picked up one of his kids and it gave way.   The thought of course is probably on the brink of tearing or microtore during the match and just happened to fully tear next day.     The official story is probably going to be it happened while getting ready with luggage,etc so as to not bring his kids into it.

I did not see th efull match match..only clips.....but Djoko was retrieving everything.....and that was always going to be tough for Fed!...regardless the surface. A bit like when 17yo Chang beat Sampras on carpet by retrieving everything.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 am

Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Let's just hope he'll be fit for Rio. That's the last and realistic chance to win something big. I guess a golden medal in the singles would mean as much to him as winning another Slam wim. Or at least almost as much.

I read the court in Rio helps a bit  for that ultimate goal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Tennis_Center_%28Rio_de_Janeiro%29

Personally it's the only thing i'm looking forward too this season. The absence of competition at the top and Djoko's style of domination is killing it for me.

Stay tuned.....you will be pleasantly surprised.....no different than when we sadly got surprised that Nadal got the better of Federer..and no different than when the Nadal fans thoughts they were going to have an unstoppable player winning everything and then Djoko came and stopped him in his tracks .
Yes, T...but I think people want to be surprised NOW, not in two years. Winking

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:09 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Let's just hope he'll be fit for Rio. That's the last and realistic chance to win something big. I guess a golden medal in the singles would mean as much to him as winning another Slam wim. Or at least almost as much.

I read the court in Rio helps a bit  for that ultimate goal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Tennis_Center_%28Rio_de_Janeiro%29

Personally it's the only thing i'm looking forward too this season. The absence of competition at the top and Djoko's style of domination is killing it for me.

Stay tuned.....you will be pleasantly surprised.....no different than when we sadly got surprised that Nadal got the better of Federer..and no different than when the Nadal fans thoughts they were going to have an unstoppable player winning everything and then Djoko came and stopped him in his tracks .
Yes, T...but I think people want to be surprised NOW, not in two years. Winking
in your dreams! By the end of this year Nishi will beat Djoko more often than not. He just needs to get over that mental block!

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
gallery play wrote:Let's just hope he'll be fit for Rio. That's the last and realistic chance to win something big. I guess a golden medal in the singles would mean as much to him as winning another Slam wim. Or at least almost as much.

I read the court in Rio helps a bit  for that ultimate goal:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_Tennis_Center_%28Rio_de_Janeiro%29

Personally it's the only thing i'm looking forward too this season. The absence of competition at the top and Djoko's style of domination is killing it for me.

Stay tuned.....you will be pleasantly surprised.....no different than when we sadly got surprised that Nadal got the better of Federer..and no different than when the Nadal fans thoughts they were going to have an unstoppable player winning everything and then Djoko came and stopped him in his tracks .
Yes, T...but I think people want to be surprised NOW, not in two years. Winking
in your dreams! By the end of this year Nishi will beat Djoko more often than not. He just needs to get over that mental block!
Believe me, my dreams don't revove around Nole Winking

Would be good to see Nishi take off...but he is so vain, needs to mature and realise winning is hard work, not a show-off/display of talent...however easy Fed makes it look like.

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 pm

But look at Stan at the same age...he was labelled a choker and was wandering between top 50 and top 20. Nishi has a better start for sure!

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by ... on Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:54 pm

He certainly does...but somehow feels trapped the same way as Coric.

It's hard to predict how this physical tennis will "behave" in the next five years, we've never had anything like it.

Logically speaking, time is on both Nishi's and Coric's side in terms of age added stamina.

In terms of ball-timing (maturing) - Nishi's already hitting the ball quite hard despite taking it cleanly and early. How do you see him progress there?

Stan improved three things with Norman: fitness, FH and general timing.

Richie improved fitness and timing.

Berd - same.

But with Nishi and that whole generation it looks like it's a different path.
Yes, he'll get better with confidence - but where will that confidence come from if he's already made the most  of his thighs size?

...

Posts : 24535
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Tenez on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:22 pm

noleisthebest wrote:He certainly does...but somehow feels trapped the same way as Coric.

It's hard to predict how this physical tennis will "behave" in the next five years, we've never had anything like it.

Logically speaking, time is on both Nishi's and Coric's side in terms of age added stamina.

In terms of ball-timing (maturing) - Nishi's already hitting the ball quite hard despite taking it cleanly and early. How do you see him progress there?

Stan improved three things with Norman: fitness, FH and general timing.

Richie improved fitness and timing.

Berd - same.

But with Nishi and that whole generation it looks like it's a different path.
Yes, he'll get better with confidence - but where will that confidence come from if he's already made the most  of his thighs size?

The only thing Nishi was missing to beat Djoko this year is a cool head and more confidence. This will come....or come back as he has done it before.

Tenez

Posts : 16648
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Federer injured, being op-ed.....out for a month!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum