Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» US OPEN 2017
Today at 8:42 pm by Jahu

» 10 Years Ago...
Today at 11:49 am by Tenez

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Yesterday at 7:21 pm by Daniel

» ATP Masters 1000: Cincinnati
Yesterday at 3:54 pm by Daniel

» Will Federer and Nadal Finally Meet At The US Open?
Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am by Daniel

» Canadian Masters 1000
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:27 am by legendkillar

» Another record for Federer coming up?
Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:46 pm by Daniel

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:51 pm by legendkillar

» Justin Gatlin - what character!
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:37 pm by legendkillar

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:39 am

Another badly shanked FH return from Fed.
Maybe he should stand a little further back not inside the basline.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:40 am

But his arm is tired....Sad

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:43 am

A little applause from Djoko there. That tells how comfortable he feels

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 am

gallery play wrote:A little applause from Djoko there. That tells how comfortable he feels
Actually, I have always viewed those claps as ego relief.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:47 am

Looks like Nole's recovered from his physical dip and is gearing back into the hard hitting mode again.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:48 am

This is a funny set.
If Fed holds his seve, anything can happen. But I expect Nole to really go for it now.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:53 am

I like now Fed thinks...so relaxed.
Gutsy 2nd serve winner on the T.

Great stuff!

The match beginning to go to Fed's racquet.
Unlike in Fedal match-up where Fed was never in Nadal's head, there is a tiny Fed yelling C'mon in Nole's from time to time...
Fed knows it, too.

The match finally coming alive as both will need super focus now.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:57 am

Djoko gets so many free point from serve, Fed gets none. This stat supposed to be the other way around.

Fed never served this bad since, well any Fedal match

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:58 am

noleisthebest wrote:I like now Fed thinks...so relaxed.
Gutsy 2nd serve winner on the T.

Great stuff!

The match beginning to go to Fed's racquet.
Unlike in Fedal match-up where Fed was never in Nadal's head, there is a tiny Fed yelling C'mon in Nole's from time to time...
Fed knows it, too.

The match finally coming alive as both will need super focus now.
the moment you posted this, the match went exactly the other direction

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:00 am

pfff, so frigging bad returning.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:06 am

I dare to say Djoko was beatable today, Fed made him look better than he is.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:08 am

gallery play wrote:I dare to say Djoko was beatable today, Fed made him look better than he is.
He was. But by who?

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:11 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:I dare to say Djoko was beatable today, Fed made him look better than he is.
He was. But by who?
That's the problem. If your toughest opponant is a 34 y/o, you can consider yourself one lucky basterd.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I like now Fed thinks...so relaxed.
Gutsy 2nd serve winner on the T.

Great stuff!

The match beginning to go to Fed's racquet.
Unlike in Fedal match-up where Fed was never in Nadal's head, there is a tiny Fed yelling C'mon in Nole's from time to time...
Fed knows it, too.

The match finally coming alive as both will need super focus now.
the moment you posted this, the match went exactly the other direction
Actually I thought that was an electric game when Fed got broken.
I inly remember the first three points, and Nole was lucky in the third, with Fed going for SABR when the passing shot clipped the net.

At that point the match was over.

I have learnt to recognise them over the years...sometimes they happen much earlier in the match, but there is always one point that turns the ship.

I find that fascinating.

Did you notice Fed's nostalgic clap to the crowd?

Nole's interview was sad, too. You can see that he is hardened by always being the underdog with the crowd. He still doesn't like it, but he's reached the point where doesn't care more, either.

I am happy for him for that.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:17 am

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:I dare to say Djoko was beatable today, Fed made him look better than he is.
He was. But by who?
That's the problem. If your toughest opponant is a 34 y/o, you can consider yourself one lucky basterd.

Yes, but Fed is not any 34 year old...

But I know what you mean...

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:19 am

Emmanuel Planque, Pouille's coach said Raonic will beat Murray.
Thoughts on that one?

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:20 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I like now Fed thinks...so relaxed.
Gutsy 2nd serve winner on the T.

Great stuff!

The match beginning to go to Fed's racquet.
Unlike in Fedal match-up where Fed was never in Nadal's head, there is a tiny Fed yelling C'mon in Nole's from time to time...
Fed knows it, too.

The match finally coming alive as both will need super focus now.
the moment you posted this, the match went exactly the other direction
Actually I thought that was an electric game when Fed got broken.
I inly remember the first three points, and Nole was lucky in the third, with Fed going for SABR when the passing shot clipped the net.

At that point the match was over.

I have learnt to recognise them over the years...sometimes they happen much earlier in the match, but there is always one point that turns the ship.

I find that fascinating.

Did you notice Fed's nostalgic clap to the crowd?

Nole's interview was sad, too. You can see that he is hardened by always being the underdog with the crowd. He still doesn't like it, but he's reached the point where doesn't care more, either.

I am happy for him for that.

You're still Nole's biggest fan, aren't you?
Yeah, i just know you are Winking

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:24 am

gallery play wrote:Djoko gets so many free point from serve, Fed gets none. This stat supposed to be the other way around.

Fed never served this bad since, well any Fedal match

Yes, Fed's poor serving today remains a mystery.
He is too sharp a player to be rattled by good returning.

I can't put my finger on it why...Nole wasn't stretching him wide or draining him in long rallies in the first two sets, yet he looked like his timing was off.

Could it be that he never got used to evening conditions fast enough as he played all his matches in daytime?




...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:29 am

gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I like now Fed thinks...so relaxed.
Gutsy 2nd serve winner on the T.

Great stuff!

The match beginning to go to Fed's racquet.
Unlike in Fedal match-up where Fed was never in Nadal's head, there is a tiny Fed yelling C'mon in Nole's from time to time...
Fed knows it, too.

The match finally coming alive as both will need super focus now.
the moment you posted this, the match went exactly the other direction
Actually I thought that was an electric game when Fed got broken.
I inly remember the first three points, and Nole was lucky in the third, with Fed going for SABR when the passing shot clipped the net.

At that point the match was over.

I have learnt to recognise them over the years...sometimes they happen much earlier in the match, but there is always one point that turns the ship.

I find that fascinating.

Did you notice Fed's nostalgic clap to the crowd?

Nole's interview was sad, too. You can see that he is hardened by always being the underdog with the crowd. He still doesn't like it, but he's reached the point where doesn't care more, either.

I am happy for him for that.

You're still Nole's biggest fan, aren't you?
Yeah, i just know you are Winking
I will never loathe him like Nadal...too much history over the years. In a way this is his payback time for all preferential treatments Nadal had over him for years. But it's a shame Fed is on the receiving end.

I genuinelly was in Fed's camp last Wimbledon and WTF.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:35 am

noleisthebest wrote:
gallery play wrote:Djoko gets so many free point from serve, Fed gets none. This stat supposed to be the other way around.

Fed never served this bad since, well any Fedal match

Yes, Fed's poor serving today remains a mystery.
He is too sharp a player to be rattled by good returning.

I can't put my finger on it why...Nole wasn't stretching him wide or draining him in long rallies in the first two sets, yet he looked like his timing was off.

Could it be that he never got used to evening conditions fast enough as he played all his matches in daytime?

Fed's poor and extremely slow start. Low first serve % and many errors off both wings..

In the 4th set when Fed got broken, he didn't get a single first serve on any of the 6 points played. Unluck on the net cord, but if serving is so poor, its not possible to beat Djokovic.

And as it has been happening for the last 3 years... Fed can't read enough of Djokovic's serving.. He let Djokovic have so many free point on serve.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Daniel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Once again Federer doesn't even turn up against Djokovic.  He's beaten before he even gets on court.  And once again it's the bag of nerves Federer whose first serve just disappears entirely.

It's not "a mystery" - I've been mentioning the pattern for over a year.  Djokovic is in his head.  Federer is also 34 - which makes the problem even worse.

Djokovic is being made to look good by the weakest tennis line up I can remember - where a 34 year old is the world number 1's main rival.  Simon was so useless he couldn't beat Djokovic after 100 unforced errors. Even though Federer is now way past how good he used to be, some of his losses are entirely due to him not even turning up - and Djokovic is having a party knowing he's virtually won before the first ball is played. It's so sad to see the GOAT completely rattled - but that's how it is.  He no longer believes in his own game and when that happens, it's curtains.  The same thing has happened to Nadal - a result of decline also.

When Djokovic starts to lose a few, he'll lose the aura he has.  But so far, no player is taking advantage (like Simon) - and so Djokovic just goes around laughing.  Murray has a chance. If Raonic goes through, I can't see Djokovic being phased.  But at least Raonic won't serve like my grandmother.

Daniel

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:38 pm

gallery play wrote:
You're still Nole's biggest fan, aren't you?
Yeah, i just know you are Winking
In a way I wish I was...would be so cool to gloat now, wouldn't it?
And I do miss those crazy times...I have been robbed in a way! brokenheart

I still have one corner saved and that's RG.
I decided to go there for the final this year. Winking

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by truffin1 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Fairly defiant Interview from Fed after-  gracious towards Djoko.  Said he wasn't old no matter what others think and has no problem running for 4-5 hours. Said he doesn't fear anyone and feels he can beat any of the inprime players on tour.  

I think the daytime/night transition did not help  the start.   I almost wonder if his odd call to return first might have been an attempt to get some rallies in and get used to conditions before he started serving.   I've done that to get warmed up a little as I feel like I can break a guy later in a set, but want to make sure I have a feel and hold serve early.  Still Fed always serves first when he can. 

I was proud as a fan in the 3rd set because any other player including warrior nadal would have folded after those first two.  He reeled him in.  I think the hole was just too great to pull himself out of, but there were some positives.

truffin1

Posts : 861
Join date : 2012-10-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Daniel on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:15 pm

Delusion from Federer.  Heard it all before from Sampras and especially Hendry.  He is old. And he is nothing like he used to be.  And he is showing his age.  The facts are all in the results he's had in his 30s vs 20s - and the videos we can all plainly see the difference.

Federer, like Hendry before him, can keep saying he feels fine and that he's still playing brilliantly, but it's not reality.

Daniel

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 pm

Bloody hell! What happened? I only checked the score a couple of times....so surprised by the one sided score. I'll read this thread in a moment.....but difficult to explain such a one sided score......score of someone who did not believe.


Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:36 pm

Actually,....I don;t want to read it now...Too tired and annoyed!

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:52 pm

My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:56 am

Tenez wrote:Bloody hell! What happened? I only checked the score a couple of times....so surprised by the one sided score. I'll read this thread in a moment.....but difficult to explain such a one sided score......score of someone who did not believe.

Its not difficult to explain. We know that Fed is playing better than ever but just its Djokovic who has improved so much that even the Fed of the best of Fed can't do anything about it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:06 am

truffin1 wrote:Fairly defiant Interview from Fed after-  gracious towards Djoko.  Said he wasn't old no matter what others think and has no problem running for 4-5 hours. Said he doesn't fear anyone and feels he can beat any of the inprime players on tour.  

I think the daytime/night transition did not help  the start.   I almost wonder if his odd call to return first might have been an attempt to get some rallies in and get used to conditions before he started serving.   I've done that to get warmed up a little as I feel like I can break a guy later in a set, but want to make sure I have a feel and hold serve early.  Still Fed always serves first when he can. 

I was proud as a fan in the 3rd set because any other player including warrior nadal would have folded after those first two.  He reeled him in.  I think the hole was just too great to pull himself out of, but there were some positives.

Fed can sure run 4-5 hours against most players. He is not #3 for no reason and can still beat the #2 Murray in slams or anywhere. But his problem is running with djokovic who is too quick off both sides, and doesn't really have any obvious weakness. Fed's BH is always going to be a problem against such players. The moment Djokovic is on the defense, he put ths ball on Fed BH and Fed can't hurt him off that wing. And his own defence on the wide-forehand is weaker, mostly because the weaker BH opens up the court for Djokovic. 

Fed is slower in his legs, serve speed, and footwork which causes the Errors in shot-making against Djokovic who returns better than anyone out there.

And lastly, Fed hasn't got a clear read on Djokovic's serves. He may be great against Big servers and not against Djokovic. Lots of free points are so easily given away. The poor BP conversion in USopen 15 final was due to this.

Fed can beat djovkovic, but mostly in bo3 matches on a quicker court.

Fed can atmost do is run Djokovic close, but

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 am

Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:36 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

Is that humour? I am the one who doesn't!

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:06 am

Tenez wrote:My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.
This is pretty much what i was posting during the match. Djoko could excel because the real Fed didn't show up. Bad rhythm, timing all that, what a coincidence it happens every time in a slam against Djoko...

Fed is now stepping on court against Djoko like Roddick was against Federer.

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.
This is pretty much what i was posting during the match. Djoko could excel because the real Fed didn't show up. Bad rhythm, timing all that, what a coincidence it happens every time in a slam against Djoko...

Fed is now stepping on court against Djoko like Roddick was against Federer.

yes, so annoying. In fact he has bad matches like that against other players (Dimi or even Kholi at the USO15) but they are too nervous to exploit whereas Djoko's mouvement is ideal for that.

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:29 am

gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.
This is pretty much what i was posting during the match. Djoko could excel because the real Fed didn't show up. Bad rhythm, timing all that, what a coincidence it happens every time in a slam against Djoko...

Fed is now stepping on court against Djoko like Roddick was against Federer.

So it mean that Fed now feels the same against Djokovic as he did against Nadal for all these years? Djokovic is his new Nadal?

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:33 am

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

Is that humour? I am the one who doesn't!

No humour here sir. You are saying considering his age. Why would you say that if his age is of no relevance at all. 

And its not that Fed always lost every 4-5 hour long matches. He can play long 5 setters, but not against Djokovic.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by gallery play on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:16 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.
This is pretty much what i was posting during the match. Djoko could excel because the real Fed didn't show up. Bad rhythm, timing all that, what a coincidence it happens every time in a slam against Djoko...

Fed is now stepping on court against Djoko like Roddick was against Federer.

So it mean that Fed now feels the same against Djokovic as he did against Nadal for all these years? Djokovic is his new Nadal?
Absolutely, it's obvious. The last few years Fed only beats Djoko under fast conditions and/or in a short format. Sounds familiair.

But it's also clear in his body language during those matches. And the quality of serve and UE count.
Fed is never in doubt unless he's against a physical monster who tends to last longer than his own brilliance

gallery play

Posts : 2119
Join date : 2012-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Daniel on Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 pm

Are we still debating that a 34 year old should be beating WN1 like he is still 26?  Come on.  Djokovic is playing good because he is under no pressure - and when he plays bad, he isn't being punished. Any pro can dominate a tennis match if their opponent is making unforced errors and has a poor serve %.  Federer of 2006 would absolutely destroy the Federer of 2016.

Daniel

Posts : 2848
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:15 pm

gallery play wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
gallery play wrote:
Tenez wrote:My rhythm, my timing, all that, was a bit off in the beginning. He took advantage of that and did an unbelievable job for a long, long time tonight.
This is pretty much what i was posting during the match. Djoko could excel because the real Fed didn't show up. Bad rhythm, timing all that, what a coincidence it happens every time in a slam against Djoko...

Fed is now stepping on court against Djoko like Roddick was against Federer.

So it mean that Fed now feels the same against Djokovic as he did against Nadal for all these years? Djokovic is his new Nadal?
Absolutely, it's obvious. The last few years Fed only beats Djoko under fast conditions and/or in a short format. Sounds familiair.

But it's also clear in his body language during those matches. And the quality of serve and UE count.
Fed is never in doubt unless he's against a physical monster who tends to last longer than his own brilliance

Well put!

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:16 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

Is that humour? I am the one who doesn't!

No humour here sir. You are saying considering his age. Why would you say that if his age is of no relevance at all. 

And its not that Fed always lost every 4-5 hour long matches. He can play long 5 setters, but not against Djokovic.

Have you read my post. I am saying that 2007 Fed woudl have even less of a chance against 2016 Djoko. Is that taking age as an excuse?

fed cannot win long matches at the end of a slam nowadays....almost against anybody.

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:29 pm

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

Is that humour? I am the one who doesn't!

No humour here sir. You are saying considering his age. Why would you say that if his age is of no relevance at all. 

And its not that Fed always lost every 4-5 hour long matches. He can play long 5 setters, but not against Djokovic.

Have you read my post. I am saying that 2007 Fed woudl have even less of a chance against 2016 Djoko. Is that taking age as an excuse?

fed cannot win long matches at the end of a slam nowadays....almost against anybody.

And I'm saying totally opposite. Fed 2006-07 would have nailed Djokovic 2016 and in 3 sets. Fed was more dominant and for a longer period than current Djokovic is and back then  he wasn't losing to almost anyone out there. And in 2006-07 if it wasn't prime Djokovic, there was prime someone else and they were not as worse as Fed made them look. They were very very good, and Fed was far better. 

Except for volleying, Fed 2006-07 was better at everything. You say Fed is bluffing when he says that he thinks he can play 4-5 hours even now. You don't want to believe him. He says he is totally physically fit, you don't want to believe him. 

But you use Fed's  words when he says he is playing better than ever to back your claim of Fed14-16 being much better than Fed05-07.

See you are using Fed's words as per your convenience.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:49 pm

But rotla, don't you remember USO 2007 final?
Inexperienced Nole lost in three tiebreaks to Fed then.

And he was half the player he is now.
Look at this clip: his shots float, have little sting, are short...



Nole 2016 is a beast!

Tennis has changed a lot.
When in the past history did we have a player stay at the top for almost 15 years?
And what can we conclude from it?

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:19 pm

nitb, that was one match.. just because Djokovic ran Fed close in one match it doesn't mean He was running Fed close on all matches since beginning of their rivalry.

A lot of other Fed's opponents even in 04-07 would run him close. Didn't anyone run Djokovic close last year? of course, even Anderson was 2-0 sets up in Wimby.

If Djokovic is a beast now, Fed was bigger beast back then. And only Nadal could take him on and that too on clay.

This is a weak era and lack of quality players is making Djokovic look better than he is. Nadal and Fed are not playing their best tennis. If they were, Djokovic wouldn't have been able to play his best. And that's how it works.

Fed 2016 may have learnt a few more shots or some more variety, but is slower body doesn't help him.

There is no-one ageless in a physical sport. Fed's un-parallel talent can keep him in top-5. But this is also helped again by the lack of quality players in the young bunch. 

if he faces a physically supreme player like Djokovic his slower feet can't do much. His confidence is low even as the match starts, he keeps missing 1st serves and tries for higher risks shot even when not in position. And he is is usually not in position because his feet are slow. then UEs and tons of them

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:47 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:I don't think Fed can run 4 or 5 hours against anybody nowadays. he is bluffing. As a matter of fact he coudl not quite do that when he was 28 so even less so at 34. He has a poor 5 setter record. And that is the very part of his game (stamina) that has gone done badly since he is 30.

Now I still don't think that the 26yo of who had 3 tight sets in 2007 at the USO v Djoko could have flared much better against yesterday Djoko. In fact I am sure it woudl have been even more of a one sided match.

Fed simply learnt the new game too late and I don;t think he is playing with the same weapons as today's players but despite that he is doing amazingly well considering his age. Much better than Djoko will do at teh same age...even at 30. I am prety sure Djoko's game will be overtaken soon.

Sorry, you don't get to use his age in reason for loss at all.

Is that humour? I am the one who doesn't!

No humour here sir. You are saying considering his age. Why would you say that if his age is of no relevance at all. 

And its not that Fed always lost every 4-5 hour long matches. He can play long 5 setters, but not against Djokovic.

Have you read my post. I am saying that 2007 Fed woudl have even less of a chance against 2016 Djoko. Is that taking age as an excuse?

fed cannot win long matches at the end of a slam nowadays....almost against anybody.

And I'm saying totally opposite. Fed 2006-07 would have nailed Djokovic 2016 and in 3 sets. Fed was more dominant and for a longer period than current Djokovic is and back then  he wasn't losing to almost anyone out there. And in 2006-07 if it wasn't prime Djokovic, there was prime someone else and they were not as worse as Fed made them look. They were very very good, and Fed was far better. 

Except for volleying, Fed 2006-07 was better at everything. You say Fed is bluffing when he says that he thinks he can play 4-5 hours even now. You don't want to believe him. He says he is totally physically fit, you don't want to believe him. 

But you use Fed's  words when he says he is playing better than ever to back your claim of Fed14-16 being much better than Fed05-07.

See you are using Fed's words as per your convenience.

So you are the one saying age if today's federer's "excuse". Strange cause this is what you accused me off. I am not sure I follow your reasoning.

Even more bizarre reasonong is the fact that in 2007 USO final Federer said that the 3 sets he won v Djoko coudl have easily been lost to...as fed lost also to Djoko 3 weeks before that USO final.
Now you are saying that the very much improved Djoko of 2016 could still not have beaten that Federer 2007? Very weird reasoning I must say.

the only way federer coudl have kept beating Djoko was if he had learnt to play with a bigger racquet earlier..and had been roughly of the same age as Djoko. Then I think Fed woudl have beaten Djoko like he beat all his peers (of his generation). But the game moves on and the player who learnt to play on fast conditions with a 90inch and a SHBH is simply outdated physically.....even if he still has by far the best shots.

Fed nowadays at least handles the phsyical players better than in 2007.....though at that time they were only early versions. Nothing to compare top Djoko and Murray of 2016!

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:02 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:nitb, that was one match.. just because Djokovic ran Fed close in one match it doesn't mean He was running Fed close on all matches since beginning of their rivalry.
It was not one match...it was the second match as I said. Fed also lost to Djoko 3 weeks before in a TMS100 final!! You can't simply ignore the potential of a 20 year of who beat a confident player dominating like Fed did. A player who will get Nadal's number and the same player who nowadays thrashes Nadal wherever they meet. Imagine the damage that djoko would have done in 2007.

It's even absurd to compare as a matter of fact....let alone pretend Federer woudl still have won!

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:08 pm

Tenez wrote:
And I'm saying totally opposite. Fed 2006-07 would have nailed Djokovic 2016 and in 3 sets. Fed was more dominant and for a longer period than current Djokovic is and back then  he wasn't losing to almost anyone out there. And in 2006-07 if it wasn't prime Djokovic, there was prime someone else and they were not as worse as Fed made them look. They were very very good, and Fed was far better. 

Except for volleying, Fed 20 you are the one saying age if today's federer's "excuse". Strange cause this is what you accused me off. I am not sure I follow your reasoning.

Even more bizarre reasonong is the fact that in 2007 USO final Federer said that the 3 sets he won v Djoko coudl have easily been lost to...as fed lost also to Djoko 3 weeks before that USO final.
Now you are saying that the very much improved Djoko of 2016 could still not have beaten that Federer 2007? Very weird reasoning I must say.

the only way federer coudl have kept beating Djoko was if he had learnt to play with a bigger racquet earlier..and had been roughly of the same age as Djoko. Then I think Fed woudl have beaten Djoko like he beat all his peers (of his generation). But the game moves on and the player who learnt to play on fast conditions with a 90inch and a SHBH is simply outdated physically.....even if he still has by far the best shots.

Fed nowadays at least handles the phsyical players better than in 2007.....though at that time they were only early versions. Nothing to compare top Djoko and Murray of 2016!

He does, I think mainly thanks to the bigger frame that's done wonders for his BH stability.
I know we've said it before, but such a shame he did not do it earlier, esp when Nadal was bombing him with those high balls...
I'd love to know why he didn't.

And now Nadal, the biggest physical terror is out of the picture, obsololete with that "weapon".

Back in 2008,9 even 2010 when he won his first USO, I could have never imagined Nadal to sudeenly look so hopeless, helpless and scared like he does now.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Tenez wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:nitb, that was one match.. just because Djokovic ran Fed close in one match it doesn't mean He was running Fed close on all matches since beginning of their rivalry.
It was not one match...it was the second match as I said. Fed also lost to Djoko 3 weeks before in a TMS100 final!! You can't simply ignore the potential of a 20 year of who beat a confident player dominating like Fed did. A player who will get Nadal's number and the same player who nowadays thrashes Nadal wherever they meet. Imagine the damage that djoko would have done in 2007.

It's even absurd to compare as a matter of fact....let alone pretend Federer woudl still have won!
I thought Nole was always close to Fed, (relatively) he beat him in AO 2008 SF and more often after he got fit, almost regularly in WTF.

I am still trying to rationalise and grasp the new post-Nadal physicality.

It is different, not as obvious as Nadal's as there is no bicep 4m behind the baseline, but it's clearly there. So much so it's forced Nadal to want to learn to take the ball early!!!

Shame I never saw Nole-Simon...that match will have shown where he is physically.
Murray is just too inefficient to drain him on these hard courts, but we could see he was able to dent him last RG with those big, heavy balls even though the match went over two days.

Right now, in that Rod Laver arena, he looks untouchable in the evenings. He was that confident he went with the aim of thrashing Fed.!!!

Nole may look beatable, just like Nadal looked to him back in 2006...but is he?
His FH is not flashy (yet has very functional pace and length) but his BH is getting really, really good and versatile. A very underestimated shot of his. Especially when you compare it to that clip in 2007 USO final.
He is putting it all togehter little by little, plugging cracks and chinks in his wall...making his dfe se inpenetrable.

It looks he is only beatable in hot weather or fast daytime matches.

A Serbian journalist asked him in AO why he deliberately trounced Nadal in Abu Dhabi...and Nole said because it had to be done. Time has arrived for it to happen.
So I expect a similar ambition in Sunday final.b

He wants to demoralise his opponents and start winning in the locker room.

...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Tenez on Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:55 pm

Djoko was close but when Fed sprayed his wings, Nole was not close at all....and this even as late as 2012....and some sets therafter. Whereas Djoko never showed a clear domination.

Nole like Nadal wins lots of tournament but not in dominant manner...as it's based on the ability to outlast not to outsmart like federer did.

Tenez

Posts : 16616
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by ... on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Tenez wrote:Djoko was close but when Fed sprayed his wings, Nole was not close at all....and this even as late as 2012....and some sets therafter. Whereas Djoko never showed a clear domination.

Nole like Nadal wins lots of tournament but not in dominant manner...as it's based on the ability to outlast not to outsmart like federer did.

I knew you'd say this...which is why I said "relatively" in brackets.
(Love the "spread his wings" metaphor, btw)


I think this is where rotla gets confused.

He thinks because Fed was so dominant over Nole then, he has declined now as he can't be dominant over him the same way any more.


...

Posts : 24508
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:50 am

I thought Nole was always close to Fed, (relatively) he beat him in AO 2008 SF and more often after he got fit, almost regularly in WTF.

In the last 2-3 years Fed gets all sorts of reasons for losses to Djokovic: tired, nothing left in tank, not able to recover, back issues.. etc etc.. when though he always says he is fine physically

And nothing at all for the Fed recovering from the career threatening mono he was suffering in 2007 end and 08 beginning. And nothing also for the lung infection he caught during his trip to Africa. Those were all Djokovic's brilliance.


Fed is not playing his best tennis, and neither is Nadal. If they were, Djokovic wouldn't have been playing his best, cause they wouldn't have allowed him to. Just like they didn't allow him for so many years.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Australian Open 2016 - Day 11 (and predictions)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum