Our Tennis Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» I Just Can't Help Believing!
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 9:00 pm by noleisthebest

» The Bullshit of Rafael Nadal
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 12:15 am by Daniel2

» Why Trump's 'tough' stance on radical Islam... could lead to more terrorism
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:32 am by Daniel2

» Missing Madeline 10 years on..
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:31 am by Daniel2

» '15 Dubious Weak Era Records'
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:06 am by Daniel2

» AO 2024 - Sinner baby!!
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 01, 2024 4:05 am by Daniel2

» Paris Masters
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 pm by noleisthebest

» Alvarez could bring me back to tennis
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 10:25 am by raiders_of_the_lost_ark

» IDEMOOOOOOO! ! ! !
2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:47 am by noleisthebest

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland

+5
Autumnleaf
luvsports!
raiders_of_the_lost_ark
Tenez
noleisthebest
9 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:09 am

noleisthebest wrote:On another note, disturbing to see police with machine guns patrolling the airport heavily... Sad

yep...the world is changing faster..

Tenez

Back to top Go down

2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 Empty Re: 2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:13 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:On another note, disturbing to see police with machine guns patrolling the airport heavily... Sad

Even the weather is changing!
I looked forward to some deep snow, only to find out it's 16 degrees there! Yikes

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:15 am

So we only have Stan-Coric final left today.

Don't you dare lose Mr Wawrinka!!! 2016, ATP 250: Brisbane, Doha, Chennai/Sydney, Auckland - Page 5 3700139714

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:42 am

bogbrush wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:
bogbrush wrote:American politics needs a good Republican
What do you define as a 'good Republican. '

Letting go of the fact the field is led by a clown as you agree; the rest of the field are still religious fundamentalist, evolution denying, science-hating, gun nuts totally corrupted by their huge donors.

I watch American politics sometimes for the hilarity of it. I don't particularly like Clinton, she's a boring centrist corporatist, but she hasn't got a thing on the GOP. Imagine if the Republicans ran in the UK, they'd literally be laughed off the stage as crazy low-IQ nuts. Donald just tells it as it is and exposes the GOP for what they are.
Well let's not forget it was the Republicans who abolished slavery in the face of bitter opposition from the Democrats. 

The republicans have been hijacked by Corporats. A 'good Republican' would be centred on individual liberty, a limited State, removing barriers to entry to market by people, reducing the power of corporates, that sort of thing.

The Democrats are no less a joke, just a bunch of hand-wringers. Obama is clueless, getting run rings around by all his foreign competitors.
The Republicans live to serve their donors and satisfy their religious fundamentalist evolution-denying base. Democrat establishment are corporate bores, but not gun nuts or science deniers etc. For the republicans, the furthest away you'll get from usual is someone like Donald Trump. You can live in hope, though.

Last edited by DONALD TRUMP on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:45 am

luvsports! wrote:Ron Paul was a 'good Republican', an actual libertarian. Consistent, had integrity and actually got the most amount of donations from the military in '12 for his non-interventionist stance.
His son Rand pales in comparison.

Bernie Sanders for the win! #FeeltheBern
Ron Paul was consistent, but also quite dumb. He argued that evolution isn't true, and wanted a return to the gold standard.
Well meaning, but dumb; a free market and religious fundamentalist.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by luvsports! Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:56 am

He had some whacky ideas but I would never say he was dumb.

luvsports!

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:57 am

luvsports! wrote:He had some whacky ideas but I would never say he was dumb.
If he wasn't principled and said the things he did about evolution and the economy you'd be saying he was dumb; being consistent in your fundamentalism doesn't give you a pass from being stupid imo.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I liked the guy, and I liked the guts he showed.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:00 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:
luvsports! wrote:Ron Paul was a 'good Republican', an actual libertarian. Consistent, had integrity and actually got the most amount of donations from the military in '12 for his non-interventionist stance.

Ron Paul was consistent, but also quite dumb. He argued that evolution isn't true, and wanted a return to the gold standard.
That's the only way forward. Without it currencies are not worth the paper they are on......unless we wage wars and peg it to black gold (oil).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:05 pm

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:

That's the only way forward. Without it currencies are not worth the paper they are on......unless we wage wars and peg it to black gold (oil).
Gold Standard is one of the worst ideas I've heard and no serious intelligent economist backs it, and for good reason:

It would have a devastating consequence if there was a recession, but even the one thing which it's mean to be good at... price stability, look at this graph:
http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/business/NewGoldCPI.png

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 pm

Anyone is better than an Appeaser In Chief (Obama), who thinks Merkel is a mastermind - and has no problem putting his countrymen at risk of death or rape.  Like germany.

Daniel

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:12 pm

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Tenez wrote:

But it's not all bad news.
There is free wi-fi and I can even watch Stan-Coric stream on tennistv.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Watching Federer here has me shaking my head when I hear people say he's better than ever. He might well be able to hit nicer shots but his movement is abysmal.
C'mon BB...I was saying  that in 2009.....and wasn't I proven right since? Now he is 34 verging 35....You can't quite keep saying that.

Also....Commentators were saying he was injured. A very different display from his earlier round...and even beginning of match.

Last year you made the same comment after his loss at the AO v Seppi...but then went on to reach 2 slams finals cutting through the draw as easy as in 2006..just to be stopped by Djoko.
I don't believe he was 'better than ever' last year either. Guys got no stamina and his speed is lacking. He's adapted his game to mask those deficiencies but the short game isn't an option, it's forced on him. He used to be able to go toe to toe with lung busting Nadal for 4 or 5 hours. Could you imagine him after 90 minutes doing that today?

The racquet has made his backhand steadier but his forehand lacks the sting it used to have.

I fail to see the logic of being better.

bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:57 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Watching Federer here has me shaking my head when I hear people say he's better than ever. He might well be able to hit nicer shots but his movement is abysmal.
C'mon BB...I was saying  that in 2009.....and wasn't I proven right since? Now he is 34 verging 35....You can't quite keep saying that.

Also....Commentators were saying he was injured. A very different display from his earlier round...and even beginning of match.

Last year you made the same comment after his loss at the AO v Seppi...but then went on to reach 2 slams finals cutting through the draw as easy as in 2006..just to be stopped by Djoko.
I don't believe he was 'better than ever' last year either. Guys got no stamina and his speed is lacking. He's adapted his game to mask those deficiencies but the short game isn't an option, it's forced on him. He used to be able to go toe to toe with lung busting Nadal for 4 or 5 hours. Could you imagine him after 90 minutes doing that today?

The racquet has made his backhand steadier but his forehand lacks the sting it used to have.

Agree about the FH, still room there for improvement with the bigger frame, though.

He was toast with his old frame, the ultimate misery was his loss to ROBREDO!!!! that USO (13?)
He looked outdated then.

So if he stayed with the same racquet he'd be already retired now.

Instead, he's adapted to the new one and the only player who can beat Nole who is better than ever.
I didn't see the match today, he may be still recovering from the flu, court was fast, I am sure Raonic did not trounce him. 
Margins are small in today's tennis.

I stand by that he is as fast as ever, his footwork is second to none, just compare him to Nadal's yesterday.

A slow player cannot play s&v in current conditions. Let alone reach slam finals with a SBH.

And of course others are improving and striking the ball harder, Djokovic and Murray in particular, others, too.

Tennis has changed.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:14 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:
Gold Standard is one of the worst ideas I've heard and no serious intelligent economist backs it, and for good reason:

It would have a devastating consequence if there was a recession, but even the one thing which it's mean to be good at... price stability, look at this graph:
Frankly you do not know what you are talking about. I am sincere. Since Bretton Wood (1971-3) the $$ is no the "gold standard" giving a ridiculous advantage to the US. They can print their $$ at will and peg it to anything that has value (Oil, foreign assets, etc...)...and despite that it is going to collapse.

The reason you only hear bad things about Gold standard is that the media is own by the big lobbies making the most of it. If you really want to cultivate yourself on the subject read Antal Fekete, probably one of the last person able to understand our banking systems.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:

The logic is simple...tennis moves on and Fed in 2007/8 was already struggling v very young Murrays and Djoko. A typical display like in Wimby semi last year would not have been possible in 2007. But of course there is a trade off. he has not got the same recovery power now than then. My point is that in 2007 he would have lost v Murray 2014! As simple as that (especially with his older racquet).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:

The logic is simple...tennis moves on and Fed in 2007/8 was already struggling v very young Murrays, Djoko and Nadal. A typical display like in Wimby semi last year would not have been possible in 2007. But of course there is a trade off. he has not got the same recovery power now than then. My point is that in 2007 he would have lost v Murray 2014! As simple as that (especially with his older racquet).

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:

Frankly you do not know what you are talking about. I am sincere. Since Bretton Wood (1971-3) the $$ is no the "gold standard" giving a ridiculous advantage to the US. They can print their $$ at will and peg it to anything that has value (Oil, foreign assets, etc...)...and despite that it is going to collapse.

The reason you only hear bad things about Gold standard is that the media is own by the big lobbies making the most of it. If you really want to cultivate yourself on the subject read Antal Fekete, probably one of the last person able to understand our banking systems.
I am well read, and I don't think the dollar is going to be collapsing any time soon.
It's the same with tennis analysis and everything for you Tenez, you don't look at things objectively in perspective, you believe what you want as long as it gives you the warm conspiracy feeling inside.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:35 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:
Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:

I am well read, and I don't think the dollar is going to be collapsing any time soon.
It's the same with tennis analysis and everything for you Tenez, you don't look at things objectively in perspective, you believe what you want as long as it gives you the warm conspiracy feeling inside.

Interesting. I am the one supporting the cheer talented player able to outlast your fake, limited, talentless player, exposed now that everybody else has caught up on fitness.

Once again you picked the wrong horse! So please read Fekete with an objective mind. he knows more than you and me on the subject.

I have been going to the US regularly for 20y....and I can tell you, the country has been falling apart fast. I am currently listening to Trump on FoxNews. Very funny!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

BTW, Our European countries (and maybe the rest of the world) are also falling apart, essentially dragged down by the US....

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Tenez wrote:BTW, Our European countries (and maybe the rest of the world) are also falling apart, essentially dragged down by the US....

Yet life goes on. Like sand through hourglass.
I wonder if every generation experiences this claustrophobic and suffocating feeling of loneliness and alienation.

It probably depends on how much they are prepared to compromise the truth and live with their heads in the sand.

Even Shakespeare said that ignorance is bliss.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Well clearly my parents generation had it cool and very different than their parents and ourselves. My parents were born just before or during WW2 and were too young to have been affected by it. They had it very cool, even if everything was to built (or rebuilt). they had hope. I am not sure my children are looking forward to life as much as we were.

As you know I am very optimistic.....in the long term only though!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Yes, it's getting harder and harder to walk upright.

And young generation is robbed of innocence and even childhood.

I work with young people from all over the world now and the more "primitive" or removed from the West - the more human they are.

Media are sterilising free thinking.

It's impossible to think that a soul can compose something majstic as moonlight sonata now.

At least Stan beat that little creep Coric today and got out of his suffocaring grip - Coric is so like Nadal, but potentially more dangerous version in the very near future as he moves so well all around he court and counterpunches with ease. On and on. And on.

Stan went down the line and served well, and that saved him. It was quite close.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:59 pm

No one has to worry, Donald Trump is going to make the world GREAT AGAIN.

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:29 am

DONALD TRUMP wrote:No one has to worry, Donald Trump is going to make the world GREAT AGAIN.

Can he save Nadal?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by N2D2L Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:32 am

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:No one has to worry, Donald Trump is going to make the world GREAT AGAIN.

Can he save Nadal?
https://ourtennisforum.forumotion.co.uk/t1012-uncle-toni-is-total-loser-and-should-be-fired-only-i-can-make-nadal-great-again

N2D2L

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 am

Some interesting comments from Fed about Nole-Nadal match:

====================================

"That kind of a scoreline is always a surprise between two top guys. You rarely see blowouts, so to some extent it's surprising for sure. That [Djokovic] wins, maybe not so much because he's been on a roll for a while now.
These results happen like we've seen at the [ATP] World Tour Finals when we've seen blowouts between the top guys as well. That's because these kind of courts sometimes allows that to happen— whoever takes the upper hand from the baseline then destroys the other guy...
But of course [Djokovic's] the favorite for the Australian Open. Plus he's played well there historically as well.
i just think his consistent power is something that's so impressive. The focus he brings to every single serve. I've always said it's amazing that he can do that. For a big guy he moves well. He's improved his fitness the last few years. Also, tactically I think he's better now than he's ever been. He's made a conscious effort of playing close to the baseline… It's a great start for him. I'm very happy for him."

=======================================================

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 am

yes...but again according to some it's not much to do with Djoko improving.....it's everybody else declining!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:15 am

Let's keep this thread for Sydney&Auckland.

No big names playing, but we may see some good matches at the weekend.

Really look forward to AO! diva

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:33 am

Agut won Auckland (beat a lot of good players en route)

Troicki blasting Dimi off the court in the second set of Sydney final after losing the first.

I like Vik, he doesn't calculate. Quite a contrast to Dimi who attacks - but safely, a bit like Berd.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:51 am

noleisthebest wrote:Agut won Auckland (beat a lot of good players en route)

Troicki blasting Dimi off the court in the second set of Sydney final after losing the first.

I like Vik, he doesn't calculate. Quite a contrast to Dimi who attacks - but safely, a bit like Berd.

Mind you, his second serve explains why he has never won anything bg. Safe, short...even I could return it  Whistle
What a contrast to his first serve!
Piece of cake for Dimi to break.

Now here is my burning question...how can one explain "dips" in first serve during a match?
Is it nerves, lack of quality (talent) in the shot, mere statistical law of probability...?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:01 am

Watching Dimi-Vik only one conclusion: you've got to serve like a monster and finish the point in 3-4 shots in order to win.
Anything less descends into rallying and turns into a physical battle.
Unless you are Fed and have the variety to outplay. While you last....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:51 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

Now here is my burning question...how can one explain "dips" in first serve during a match?
Is it nerves, lack of quality (talent) in the shot, mere statistical law of probability...?
Yes, for most!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5