Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Some humour for this forum
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2019 6:51 pm by naxroy

» Generation Worthless
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:43 pm by BEL19VE

» World Tour Final - London 2019
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 12:23 am by naxroy

» Will Nadal ever win a Tour Finals title?
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2019 2:34 am by summerblues

» When cupcake draws can't save you
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 10:16 pm by Daniel2

» General Election 2019: Advice
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 7:01 pm by bogbrush

» Fall 2019 tournaments
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 15, 2019 2:16 pm by legendkillar

» Has Rafa asked Fed to his nuptials, and would Fed go if asked?
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2019 6:11 pm by barrystar

» FIFA World Cup, Russia 2018
Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 pm by hariprakesh321

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by paulcz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:33 pm

Tenez wrote:But I actually would like to see the physical said play a role for those players using it.

Look at the last AO for instance. Federer did not try to rally for ever v Nadal and went for his shots. Make or break he was not ready to arrive in the final tired. Had he won in he would have had less miles in his legs than Djoko after beating Murray.

I quite like the long 5 setters...I just don;t like the long gutless rallies.

To be honest more than 3 or max 4 hours of tennis is for me quite enough, except when Nole brushes Nadal which I can watch quite longer time Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 1071211947 Can you imagine RG semi between tensed and dogged Andy and dogged Ferrer, that last 7 or longer hours? I would not stand sitting there more than 1 hours to look at it. If super TB is introduced then a favorite player had to step on the gas more not to face the super TB in the 4th set. I really see that something should change to make today tennis more attractive.

ITF should take a rule that if a player plays the ball higher then 2m over the net more than 3 times during one fifteen, then the umpire should suspense the game in favor of moonballing´s oponent Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 4006036031

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 pm

I don't think this would fall under a "rule", but I'd ban double backhand.
Completely.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by Larry Ellison on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Even though it's Djokovic's biggest weapon?

Larry Ellison

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by paulcz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:11 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I don't think this would fall under a "rule", but I'd ban double backhand.
Completely.

I am also for it.

I would propose to ban DHBH for men and DHFH for women, not to be attacked by feminists Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 1071211947

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 pm

And if they want to continue using DBH (women) they get half the prize money Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 4006036031

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by paulcz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:24 pm

noleisthebest wrote:And if they want to continue using DBH (women) they get half the prize money Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 4006036031

And the women who shriek as wolves should apologize audience, refund all tickets and promise they will not howl anymore Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 364988687

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:40 pm

paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:And if they want to continue using DBH (women) they get half the prize money Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 4006036031

And the women who shriek as wolves should apologize audience, refund all tickets and promise they will not howl anymore Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 364988687

As far as I'm concerned,I wouldn't watch them if they paid me Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 123628122
Although, I watched Azarenka Mirnyi in the mixed doubles final at the Olympics live, and she didn't sound that loud. It's much worse on TV.
Do you think it's possible to ban DBH?
Or is it just a dream...

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by Larry Ellison on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

I simply can't comprehend how a Djokovic fan would want the authorities to basically ban his biggest weapon. His defensive DHBH return is the most lethal strength in this game, very very strange you would want it to go.
It would also take away freedom on the players on court to do what they want with their racket.
Banning racket and string technology is one thing, which I think might be necessary, but banning the DHBH and thus freedom on court, is frankly ludicrous.

Larry Ellison

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Amritia3ee wrote:I simply can't comprehend how a Djokovic fan would want the authorities to basically ban his biggest weapon. His defensive DHBH return is the most lethal strength in this game, very very strange you would want it to go.
It would also take away freedom on the players on court to do what they want with their racket.
Banning racket and string technology is one thing, which I think might be necessary, but banning the DHBH and thus freedom on court, is frankly ludicrous.
Amri, tennis is bigger than Djokovic and people playing tennis with a DBH.

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by Larry Ellison on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:50 pm

Edit out, moved to new thread.

Larry Ellison

Posts : 1222
Join date : 2012-07-21

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by paulcz on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
paulcz wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:And if they want to continue using DBH (women) they get half the prize money Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 4006036031

And the women who shriek as wolves should apologize audience, refund all tickets and promise they will not howl anymore Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 364988687

As far as I'm concerned,I wouldn't watch them if they paid me Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 123628122
Although, I watched Azarenka Mirnyi in the mixed doubles final at the Olympics live, and she didn't sound that loud. It's much worse on TV.
Do you think it's possible to ban DBH?
Or is it just a dream...

She-wolves should pay something as healthy insurance for the case somebody will have problems with ears.

Interisting with Azarenka and Mirnyi and I know why she was not so terrible in this mixed double shrieking wise. The reason is Mirnyi. His russian name has meaning as "moderate". Azarenka had to keep her shrieking under control then, that is obvious Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 364988687

paulcz

Posts : 1772
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by noleisthebest on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Aaaaah! That's what it was....Mirnyi for a chair umpire on all Shutapova's & co matches

noleisthebest

Posts : 27760
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by Tenez on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:14 am

paulcz wrote:To be honest more than 3 or max 4 hours of tennis is for me quite enough
Yes but 3 to 4 hours was the time a 4 or 5 setter was taking back then in the good old days. Now those "big 3s" make an eternity of every match.
Can you imagine RG semi between tensed and dogged Andy and dogged Ferrer, that last 7 or longer hours? I would not stand sitting there more than 1 hours to look at it.
Certainly agree.


Tenez

Posts : 20362
Join date : 2012-06-18

Back to top Go down

Any idea for a change in tennis rules? - Page 2 Empty Re: Any idea for a change in tennis rules?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum