Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The GOAT conversation will reboot...
Today at 1:14 pm by mikeyM1000

» Grass - 2017
Today at 1:06 pm by ...

» Wimbledon 2017 Talk
Yesterday at 2:48 pm by legendkillar

» U.S Election
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:32 pm by Veejay

» Grass Season - Expectations
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:55 am by DECIMA

» Cristiano Ronaldo statue
Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:08 pm by Veejay

» Federer Definitely Has Stocholm Syndrome!
Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:15 am by Daniel

» Fight for #1
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:00 pm by Veejay

» Rafael Nadal
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:40 pm by Veejay

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
   1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930  

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Castle is pissed off cuase Murray got a time violation.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Goffin pushing for the right tactics...make Murray move.....but for that he needs the referee to apply the 20s rule.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Murray is quicker than Djokovic and way quicker than an ageing Nadal.

DECIMA

Posts : 4085
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:24 pm

This is meant to be the surface he moves worst on... and he's been tremendously fast.

DECIMA

Posts : 4085
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Only an injury can save Goffin. In 4 years, when he will be 28 he will be a much better player than Murray....but for now he is still learning.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:29 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:This is meant to be the surface he moves worst on... and he's been tremendously fast.

Yes....Goffin's lack of power makes him look faster than he is though.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:56 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:Murray is quicker than Djokovic and way quicker than an ageing Nadal.

You are so wrong.....again. It's comical even.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:57 pm

Goffin was not far from winning that game and set.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:02 pm

Just tuned back in to hear Lloyd's voice:"It's an endurance factor".

Folowed by Goffin squandering another easy volley...he is not quite a Nishikori im the lack of heart department, but not far off.
Why is he so nervous?

Must be inexperience, pressure...ah well...these matches can make you or break you, though he is still young and can recover in years to come.
But what are the chances of him playing another Davis Cup final?

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:Murray is quicker than Djokovic and way quicker than an ageing Nadal.

You are so wrong.....again. It's comical even.
Djokovic and Murray are both very fast.. I'd say Murray is marginally quicker (although Djokovic better at stretching). Nadal considerably slower now than what he was before, and Murray.

DECIMA

Posts : 4085
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Andy Murray a great returner...my foot!
Standing 3m behind the base-line on GOFFIN'S serve...on his break point.

What does that tell us about him as a player?

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:07 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:
Tenez wrote:
DONALD TRUMP wrote:Murray is quicker than Djokovic and way quicker than an ageing Nadal.

You are so wrong.....again. It's comical even.
Djokovic and Murray are both very fast.. I'd say Murray is marginally quicker (although Djokovic better at stretching). Nadal considerably slower now than what he was before, and Murray.
And what are you basing this on? Have you clocked it? Seeing that you see Murray quicker than Djoko your senses are completely fogged.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:09 pm

I would love Murray to lose their s and the winner to be decided in the fifth rubber.

That would be Davis Cup at its finest.

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Yes...I'd like the final rubber to matter.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Murray moonballing the fh. Not a pretty sight.

luvsports!

Posts : 3849
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:20 pm

After a point like that Murray should be dead....but he wont be.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm

Tenez wrote:After a point like that Murray should be dead....but he wont be.
If by some miracle he loses this set and the next one...then the fifth one may be more interesting to watch.

But Goffin is going to tire, too. He can't last another two sets having to work so hard just for one point.

Ok...I am even settling even for what I am seeing now: Goffin showing heart (at last!) and making Murray feel not so smug.

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:24 pm

that ace was out from Murray....the mark was clear....bizarre from Goffin.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Break! Yaaay! Somersault

Now, pleeeeease, pleeeease hold serve!!!

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm

If both tire, Murray has more to lose. the more Murray tire the less Goffin will have to run.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Tenez wrote:If both tire, Murray has more to lose. the more Murray tire the less Goffin will have to run.
Unfortunately, the game is such now that the undoped player will be too tired even for a non-running Murray...look how short Goffin's shots have become...and he doesn't even muscle them...

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:30 pm

And serve he does not hold...but as this is clay and they are both tired...maybe it doesn't even matter.

Cool head on shoulders will win this set.

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:33 pm

Much harder to do when ur a lightweight 5'11 player with a player who runs down everything, to have a "cool head" on shoulders.

luvsports!

Posts : 3849
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:41 pm

British fans with their pints, heavy-makeup and these union jack uniforms look like some drunken orgy that don't care about what's going on on the court, so long as they can vent out their "patriotism"...but then they all sober up on Monday and go to their offices...

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:42 pm

A much closer match than I woudl have thought,

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:43 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Andy Murray a great returner...my foot!
Standing 3m behind the base-line on GOFFIN'S serve...on his break point.

What does that tell us about him as a player?
Heard of confirmation bias?

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Lol.

luvsports!

Posts : 3849
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:45 pm

luvsports! wrote:Murray moonballing the fh. Not a pretty sight.
It's clay. Not an unreasonable tactic to recover court position surely.

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 pm

noleisthebest wrote:British fans with their pints, heavy-makeup and these union jack uniforms look like some drunken orgy that don't care about what's going on on the court, so long as they can vent out their "patriotism"...but then they all sober up on Monday and go to  their offices...
You really are a whingey-pants at time NITB. Atmosphere is electric. This is a great tennis occasion, so try to enjoy it for what it is.

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by luvsports! on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:50 pm

I blame Western foreign policy for Belgium losing Winking

luvsports!

Posts : 3849
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 pm

You were right NITB...it was Goffin tiring first.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:54 pm

Aut0Gr4ph wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:British fans with their pints, heavy-makeup and these union jack uniforms look like some drunken orgy that don't care about what's going on on the court, so long as they can vent out their "patriotism"...but then they all sober up on Monday and go to  their offices...
You really are a whingey-pants at time NITB. Atmosphere is electric. This is a great tennis occasion, so try to enjoy it for what it is.

No, just not biased on a national basis so can see it clearly.

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Daniel on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:57 pm

It's good to have an identity... Japan doesn't complain.

Daniel

Posts : 2417
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:58 pm

Aut0Gr4ph wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Andy Murray a great returner...my foot!
Standing 3m behind the base-line on GOFFIN'S serve...on his break point.

What does that tell us about him as a player?
Heard of confirmation bias?

No what is it?
All I see is a heavily juiced player who has the cheek to tell Odesnik "good-riddance", bulldoze a better player.

What do you see?

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:01 pm

FedererKing wrote:It's good to have an identity... Japan doesn't complain.

What do you mean?

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Tenez on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:04 pm

The last point is a very good summary.

Tenez

Posts : 15981
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by ... on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:11 pm

Well, one of the worst Davis Cup finals I've seen.

Tennis was really poor. And there was not even any drama.

Maybe that's why all those poor fans had to drink themselves stupid! Laugh

...

Posts : 23855
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:16 pm

Tenez wrote:The last point is a very good summary.
Yes, agreed. What a topspin lob from Murray to win it. He's a real talent!

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:19 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Aut0Gr4ph wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:British fans with their pints, heavy-makeup and these union jack uniforms look like some drunken orgy that don't care about what's going on on the court, so long as they can vent out their "patriotism"...but then they all sober up on Monday and go to  their offices...
You really are a whingey-pants at time NITB. Atmosphere is electric. This is a great tennis occasion, so try to enjoy it for what it is.

No, just not biased on a national basis so can see it clearly.
Yes, you are renowned for your objectivity. I'm just a flag-waving little-englander. You've got me bang to rights.

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:20 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Well, one of the worst Davis Cup finals I've seen.

Tennis was really poor. And there was not even any drama.

Maybe that's why all those poor fans had to drink themselves stupid! Laugh
Would you like some cheese and biscuits with those sour grapes? Might help with the aftertaste.

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by DECIMA on Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Good to see you here Autograph Thumbs Up

Great weekend of sport for Great Britain

DECIMA

Posts : 4085
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Aut0Gr4ph on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Thanks DT, but do try to control your nationalistic fervour. As NITB points out, it is rather vulgar and lowers the tone of this esteemed forum.

Aut0Gr4ph

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-01-08
Age : 36
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Davis Cup 2015: THE FINAL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum