Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

GOAT  davis  

Latest topics
» World Tour Finals 2017
Yesterday at 9:04 pm by Tenez

» Any rugby fans?
Yesterday at 7:45 pm by Tenez

» Nadal whines over surface match ups with Federer in 2017
Yesterday at 4:41 pm by Jahu

» The doping program joke of the ITF!!!
Yesterday at 11:51 am by legendkillar

» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:31 pm by bogbrush

» Anyone want to swap a day ticket on Monday for Sunday??
Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am by Tenez

» So what's your projections for 2018?
Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:26 am by summerblues

» Race to London
Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am by Tenez

» Baby WTF - Next-Gen ATP Finals 2017
Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:32 am by noleisthebest

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:46 pm

yes that was close......but glad he did. The rest of the week should give us more information.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by DECIMA on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:57 pm


DECIMA

Posts : 4483
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Kimmy, you are now Donald...I am so ignorant I really thought Donald Trump was the guy running Playboy and was wondering how he was getting away with it in his USO presidential ambitions....Doh

I am sorry but I'll call you Donald Duck. He is more real to me.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 pm

Yes....3 great returns! I am really curious to see how he is going to evolve from now on. he was close to go out today...but Karlo was a very tough challenge.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:37 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:

Does this mean he has or has not declined?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:41 pm

Tenez wrote:yes that was close......but glad he did. The rest of the week should give us more information.
I wouldn't mind seeing Stan-Nadal.

Cilic and Raonic are chokers.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:04 pm

yes but what a shame we are again deprived of a new Nadal/Fed version.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:05 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:yes that was close......but glad he did. The rest of the week should give us more information.
I wouldn't mind seeing Stan-Nadal.

Cilic and Raonic are chokers.
Actually, Stan used to be a choker as well.
Amazing transformation.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:10 pm

Tenez wrote:yes but what a shame we are again deprived of a new Nadal/Fed version.
I am actually not sure I'd like to see it any more...I never enjoyed that rivalry, although it was potent, symbolic and perfectly compatible.

Now, that contrast has grown and matured in such a way there is no bridge between the two any more.

There would be a lot of negative emotion in both of them, and no damage would be undone.
Nadal would come a winner even in a loss, by the sheer fact he was given a chance to play Federer.

It's best left in a dark room, door locked, key thrown into a river.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Daniel on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:26 am

noleisthebest wrote:Nadal also running fast as a bullet.
I hope those who say he is declining are watching this match.

He'll be ready for clay 2016. The more he wins, the quicker he'll get there...
And as I type this, stupid Karlovic DFs and gets broken, Nadal wins the set from 1:3 to 7:5 Doh

We were too busy watching all his matches this year and not just cherry picking the odd good moment. Speed alone really isn't a good case for decline, either.  Unless you can tell us exactly how fast he is running compared to 2011 or even last year.  But you can't.

Still, let's not get hung up on facts like his ranking position and that he's had the least successful year of his career since he started winning trophies.

Daniel

Posts : 3124
Join date : 2013-11-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:05 am

noleisthebest wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:yes that was close......but glad he did. The rest of the week should give us more information.
I wouldn't mind seeing Stan-Nadal.

Cilic and Raonic are chokers.
Actually, Stan used to be a choker as well.
Amazing transformation.
Exactly.....It's all about confidence for an attacking player....and confidence is down to weapons.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:08 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:yes but what a shame we are again deprived of a new Nadal/Fed version.
....
It's best left in a dark room, door locked, key thrown into a river.
interesting...I would have liked to read the news though: "Peak Federer beat declining Nadal"!

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:57 am

Murray loses first set to Isner in the TB.
Same with
Tsonga and Ramos.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:38 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:yes but what a shame we are again deprived of a new Nadal/Fed version.
....
It's best left in a dark room, door locked, key thrown into a river.
interesting...I would have liked to read the news though: "Peak Federer beat declining Nadal"!
The agony would maybe only be worth it if they met in a slam final. And how likely is that to happen?!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:57 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:yes but what a shame we are again deprived of a new Nadal/Fed version.
....
It's best left in a dark room, door locked, key thrown into a river.
interesting...I would have liked to read the news though: "Peak Federer beat declining Nadal"!
The agony would maybe only be worth it if they met in a slam final. And how likely is that to happen?!
not very.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:08 am

I've never been a fan of Murray being part of the "big four", but the way he deals with big servers does set him apart from the rest.

It will be interesting to see if he or Stan can win another one or more.

Because Murray had all the hype, and slam SFs ans Fs, (do you remember years of "will Murray ever win a slam?"), he somehow appears to be more entitled to big 4 than Stan, who just came and won his two slams by storm, unhyped.

But the manner with which Stan won them make his worthier than Murray's.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:22 am

FedererKing wrote: Speed alone really isn't a good case for decline, either.  Unless you can tell us exactly how fast he is running compared to 2011 or even last year.  But you can't.

Still, let's not get hung up on facts like his ranking position and that he's had the least successful year of his career since he started winning trophies.

Federer was in the same position in 2013. According to you, he should be ranked outside top 500 now, such is the rate of declining in today's tennis.
Yet, he is back in slam finals, playing sublime tennis people all over the world can't get enough of.

Btw, Tenez provided convincing evidence for speed changes in the game over the last few years.
Not that I needed convincing as it's quite obvious even to a naked eye.

We are in for a very exciting and interesting 2016, provided nobody gets injured in the meantime.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:21 am

I can't decide whether the court in Shanghai is too slow or Nole is too fast.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:32 am

noleisthebest wrote:I've never been a fan of Murray being part of the "big four", but the way he deals with big servers does set him apart from the rest.

It will be interesting to see if he or Stan can win another one or more.

Because Murray had all the hype, and slam SFs ans Fs,  (do you remember years of "will Murray ever win a slam?"), he somehow appears to be more entitled to big 4 than Stan, who just came and won his two slams by storm, unhyped.

But the manner with which Stan won them make his worthier than Murray's.
Murray winning another slam will have to be down to a bit of luck like in his previous 2. Stan is different, it's in his racquet..not sure it is on his mind.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 am

Do people remember that last year in this same tournament, Fed faced 2 MPs in his first round....before going on winning the tournament beating Djoko on the way? 

Real shame he did not win that first round.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:45 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:I've never been a fan of Murray being part of the "big four", but the way he deals with big servers does set him apart from the rest.

It will be interesting to see if he or Stan can win another one or more.

Because Murray had all the hype, and slam SFs ans Fs,  (do you remember years of "will Murray ever win a slam?"), he somehow appears to be more entitled to big 4 than Stan, who just came and won his two slams by storm, unhyped.

But the manner with which Stan won them make his worthier than Murray's.
Murray winning another slam will have to be down to a bit of luck like in his previous 2. Stan is different, it's in his racquet..not sure it is on his mind.
Yes, it mirrors his tennis: hard work!

Stan on the other hand comes out of nowhere and blasts Nadal&Nole away with fantastic tennis and steals the show!

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:54 am

wow...what a point from nishi and KA in that TB

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:16 am

Tenez wrote:wow...what a point from nishi and KA in that TB

Yes, he can play so well when he attacks, has that deadly combo of quick hands and light feet.
But often chooses to grind...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:20 am

I can't watch the match atm, but Go Rao!!! diva

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:34 am

nadal is going to find Rao's serve a piece of cake compared to Ivo's.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:12 pm

Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Tenez wrote:Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.

anyone is fast against Raonic. He is too limited in his game. I know Tenez, you'll be highly positive about his chances, today and beyond too , but somehow I don't see that. Not even a glimmer. 

At best he will remain like what a Ferrer or Berdych are. Can win some 250/500s some occasional master's SF/final or slam QF/SF... but that's about it. He won't win anything above ATP500. 

Others off his and younger generation will take over.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:45 pm

Tenez wrote:Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.
I just started watching and had the same observation. Hitting flatter with good depth and very powerfully, moving fast alongside baseline standing closer to it.
Definitely, better than before.
Will that be enough in current state of affairs?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:53 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.

anyone is fast against Raonic. He is too limited in his game. I know Tenez, you'll be highly positive about his chances, today and beyond too , but somehow I don't see that. Not even a glimmer. 

At best he will remain like what a Ferrer or Berdych are. Can win some 250/500s some occasional master's SF/final or slam QF/SF... but that's about it. He won't win anything above ATP500. 

Others off his and younger generation will take over.

Any commemts on Nadal?
Do you see him win anything soon or next year?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:00 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.

anyone is fast against Raonic. He is too limited in his game. I know Tenez, you'll be highly positive about his chances, today and beyond too , but somehow I don't see that. Not even a glimmer. 

At best he will remain like what a Ferrer or Berdych are. Can win some 250/500s some occasional master's SF/final or slam QF/SF... but that's about it. He won't win anything above ATP500. 

Others off his and younger generation will take over.

Any commemts on Nadal?
Do you see him win anything soon or next year?

If he has to go past Djokovic then no. Even Murray might be too much.

Can he beat Fed? Absolutely if its b05. Fed sure can in bo3 but it will be like 50:50. Fed is playing slower than ever as I see. Nadal was tough for Fed even when Fed was at his peak best. 

Nadal will be dangerous on clay, he has to be. That's his best chance. But he won't beat Djokovic even there.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:02 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
Tenez wrote:Is anyone watching Rao/Nadal? It looks to me Nadal is very fast today.

anyone is fast against Raonic. He is too limited in his game. I know Tenez, you'll be highly positive about his chances, today and beyond too , but somehow I don't see that. Not even a glimmer. 

At best he will remain like what a Ferrer or Berdych are. Can win some 250/500s some occasional master's SF/final or slam QF/SF... but that's about it. He won't win anything above ATP500. 

Others off his and younger generation will take over.
Oh - I thought you were talking about Nadal..and my response was about Nadal. 

Regarding Rao he is the youngest top 10 and before his injury he was doing quite well. We'll see. I don;t think he is outstanding, but he has the game to trouble the best.

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:08 pm

A regulation win for Nadal over Milos. He is the Baby-Berdych. Will stay in top-10, but that's about it.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Posts : 2846
Join date : 2012-07-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:25 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:A regulation win for Nadal over Milos. He is the Baby-Berdych. Will stay in top-10, but that's about it.
Yikes/Laugh

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Stan -Cilic!
I don't remember ever seeing them play before.
Looking close.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Does Stan have a new coach?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:01 pm

I haven't looked at the rankings, recently, does Nadal have a chance to reach 4th seeding for AO?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Wow, a 26 hard hitting shot rally between Cilic and Stan...and Stan does not even look puffed out!!! Yikes

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:07 pm

It must be an awesome feeling to bomb BHDTL on the rise from mid-court like Stan just did, oh yesss!!! Bubbly

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:26 pm

After a long time, Cilic playing some good tennis.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:28 pm

What a cool TB!
6:6 atm

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:29 pm

7:7

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Stan saves 2 set points, then Cilic saves a match point, and we have the third set...
Nadal laughing from his massage table...

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:13 pm

Stan serving for the match looking quite fresh, animated and energised.
I hope he'll have something left for tomorrow.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by luvsports! on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I haven't looked at the rankings, recently, does Nadal have a chance to reach 4th seeding for AO?

Not really. He's 2000 points behind 4th placed Stan.

luvsports!

Posts : 4065
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by AceofDeath on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:49 pm

We all know Raonic is a limited tennis player.
Nothing to see here.

Hopefully Wawrinka can send the moonballing Dinosaur back to Valencia or wherever he's from... Thumbs Up

AceofDeath

Posts : 271
Join date : 2015-04-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:02 am

Match of the Day:

Wawrinka-Nadal

Djokovic-Tomic could be interesting too, provded Tomic does not choke. His FH looked good yesterday.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:04 am

Quite a battle between Kev and Tsonga.

Kev enjoying his baseline hitting, rally length doesn't seem to bother him.

Both players going over 25 seconds.
Will Tsonga's gutsiness pay off in the end?

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by noleisthebest on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:25 am

It does!
Tsonga in the SF.

noleisthebest

Posts : 25119
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:58 am

Nadal playing well!

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Tenez on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:20 am

nadal is clearly trying to take the ball earlier....

Tenez

Posts : 17355
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Masters 1000: SHANGHAI

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum