Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Keywords

Latest topics
» This Is What A Feminist Looks Like
Today at 9:28 am by bogbrush

» Laver Cup - Anyone Watching
Yesterday at 9:57 pm by Tenez

» Nishikori's best ever performance?
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am by Daniel

» Two words you will never associate with Nadal
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm by Tenez

» Davis Cup 2017
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:06 pm by Jahu

» NADAL WINS SLAM NUMBER 16, MOVES 2 CLEAR OF THIRD PLACED SAMPRAS
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:09 pm by Tenez

» Sharapova announces failed drug test
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:02 pm by luvsports!

» Fight for #1
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:05 pm by Daniel

» US open prediction game: Final day
Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:17 pm by DECIMA

September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum


ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 am

Just read Paire struggled with injured ankle...yes, he did have it taped against Nishi yesterday Sad

That and playing a few tough three setters back to back - and that was it.
Had he been fresher and not injured it could've been a different story.
He played some fantastic tennis against Nishi yesterday, esp in the third set.

The clip is not great as it looks like it was made by a Nishi fan, but can't find any other.


noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:18 am

Tenez wrote:Same score as Ferrer I predict for Nadal. Djoko will win 2 and 3 or 1 and 2 even.

I hope so.

He did say in an interview how he expects Nadal to use "everything" to win today's match...

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:19 am

I bet gutless Llayani is going to umpire the final.

Does he ever give time violations?

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:21 am

I wonder if LS still thinks Nadal is playing clean(er).

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 am

Classic Toni....

"The positive thing is that Rafael played really bad this year but he’s still seventh in the Race. That’s the best thing to come out of this, because it means he has enough space to come back faster. Mentally it hasn’t been easy because he isn’t used to lose, but in life things don't last forevver so you have to accept that. We’re moving forward, trying to train with a better focus and intensity. He is really improving, so I don’t know if his game will be back this season, but I believe Rafael will come back stronger again in 2016.

Toni doesn't think about catching up with Djokovic. No, because at the moment we’re way too far from him. First we need to get the game back, and then we’ll be able to be competitive with everybody. But let’s not forget that you have young guns coming up now too, so it won’t be easy.

His confidence is built on that, his game is built on that - Toni said of Roland Garros, where Rafael has won nine titles - So yes, in order to regain those two we need to win back the clay. Of course we shouldn’t wait for the clay to start playing well again but the main goal remains to be again the No. 1 on the clay.

in 2013 his level was higher because his game was stronger. He was taking the ball more forward, he was going for his shots and for the points. This season, the legs have stopped a bit - Toni analyzed - But when you are tighter, then the legs don’t move that well anymore. We need to do better and I think we know how.

It’s easy to talk, and many people are talking about a lot of things and many times they do without having any idea. To know, you have to come and watch a practice session, you have to know what the coach is saying. We’ll see if Rafael thinks that we must change or that we must add a super coach. If I thought it’d be better for Rafael, I’d do it. I don’t want the best for me but for him. I’m the coach but I’m his uncle too. If he tells me that, I don’t know, Nastase is arriving, and then Rafael ends up winning Roland Garros, I say come, come Nastase! I’d be very glad."

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Tenez on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:10 am

noleisthebest wrote:I bet gutless Llayani is going to umpire the final.

Does he ever give time violations?
Yep...good point!

Tenez

Posts : 16998
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Tenez on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:16 am

noleisthebest wrote:Classic Toni........

It’s easy to talk, and many people are talking about a lot of things and many times they do without having any idea. To know, you have to come and watch a practice session, you have to know what the coach is saying. We’ll see if Rafael thinks that we must change or that we must add a super coach. If I thought it’d be better for Rafael, I’d do it. I don’t want the best for me but for him. I’m the coach but I’m his uncle too. If he tells me that, I don’t know, Nastase is arriving, and then Rafael ends up winning Roland Garros, I say come, come Nastase! I’d be very glad." [/i]

Lots of vague talking here....but I agree very much on this highlighted sentence.

Tenez

Posts : 16998
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:31 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Classic Toni........

It’s easy to talk, and many people are talking about a lot of things and many times they do without having any idea. To know, you have to come and watch a practice session, you have to know what the coach is saying. We’ll see if Rafael thinks that we must change or that we must add a super coach. If I thought it’d be better for Rafael, I’d do it. I don’t want the best for me but for him. I’m the coach but I’m his uncle too. If he tells me that, I don’t know, Nastase is arriving, and then Rafael ends up winning Roland Garros, I say come, come Nastase! I’d be very glad."

Lots of vague talking here....but I agree very much on this highlighted sentence.

Yes, esp in Nadal's case.
His main problem is he can't take the ball early, and no coach under the sun can help him there.

He doesn't need a super coach, only a super doctor.

noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by noleisthebest on Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:18 pm

Fantastic match from Nole.
Impressive length and precision.

No more panic from him.

He now has at least a gear up on Nadal, who despite striking the ball flatter some of the time is the same player trying to win by asphyxiating.


noleisthebest

Posts : 24800
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by luvsports! on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:04 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I wonder if LS still thinks Nadal is playing clean(er).

Yup. But also, post us open is never a good gauge for rafa, he always do worse there, even '13.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Tenez on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:33 pm

I did not see the match....but the score was hardly in doubt. I'd like to see Nadal hitting the ball harder...but regardless I doubt he'd make any difference now v Djoko. Always way too much spin to trouble djoko.

Tenez

Posts : 16998
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by luvsports! on Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:12 pm

He is muscling/hitting the ball harder than ever T, according to nitb.

luvsports!

Posts : 3975
Join date : 2012-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by DECIMA on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:20 pm

Nadal was playing ok, really lacking confidence in the big points. Djokovic was as solid as ever with great depth on basically every shot.

DECIMA

Posts : 4377
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Tenez on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:41 pm

luvsports! wrote:He is muscling/hitting the ball harder than ever T, according to nitb.
I don't think that's the case. But as I mentioned before he probably realised that hitting the ball so hard was tiring him v Djoko (and more and more players) so he is maybe trying to lose weight like Murray and try to hit looser and closer/flatter.

He might be going through a form of ban but I kind of doubt it somehow.

Tenez

Posts : 16998
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Tenez on Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:42 pm

DONALD TRUMP wrote:Nadal was playing ok, really lacking confidence in the big points. Djokovic was as solid as ever with great depth on basically every shot.
The confidence is not going to come before he really feels he has what it takes to beat the top players. I think the top players have moved on. Nadal needs to catch up.

Tenez

Posts : 16998
Join date : 2012-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP 500: Beijing, Tokyo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum